kaputt !!!

groomer

Too bad, it is always a loss when we loose a stopping place along the trail. I would have thought the locals would have kept the bills paid.  It is a place I have stopped at a few times when heading back to Pointe a la Croix, same as the little bar in St Margarite coming from the other side.

31 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Too bad, it is always a loss when we loose a stopping place along the trail. I would have thought the locals would have kept the bills paid.  It is a place I have stopped at a few times when heading back to Pointe a la Croix, same as the little bar in St Margarite coming from the other side.

bonsoir !!!

sad for sure !!! first time i went there...77-78 with my dad...drag racing ...then returned 2-3 years ago with my 4w...

i guess , in a small village...getting tougher to find volunteers...

it was existing since the last 45 years !!!

jean-guy

• 3 weeks later...

We've seen several clubs either disband or merge in the past few years - on both sides of the river. Is it because of the same issues we see here in the US (no younger folks joining, expensive sport, inconsistent snowfall, etc) or is something else going on in Quebec?

• 3 months later...

great news !!!

a guy from l ascension bought all the assets from the club and it ll open starting  mid december !!!

he wish to be open 7 / 7 

jean-guy

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1420068/club-sportif-mont-artique-alverne-rachat-hervey-gallant-vente?fbclid=IwAR0pGmSYtW3tt0pNzpyRfQA21M4wXb1F_nXddb7E-lH9bICMIf_zMGh8zrU

Big!  Thanks for sharing!

Been there under all different conditions, and always a very welcome rest spot!

Never mind when you're there in a blizzard and you can barely see the orange sticks across the street forming an "X", ya gotta love a 20k shortcut to bacon pizza!

well said playhard...

guy was living in a big city and decided to come where its more quiet !!!

this is very good for a small village like that ...bring more '' life '' during winter !!!

jean-guy