2020 Trail Permits - Online Only

Signfan

1 hour ago, revct1 said:

You are already grooming and I don't have the sleds ready yet!

Jack & Sandi

bonsoir jack and sandi !!!

hahhaa.... i think its still a bit early....😀....but you still can dream !!!

just checked , i was on tq 5 for the first time last season  on dec 17 th....then ,rain 2-3 days later !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8277.JPG

DSC_8245.JPG

Hi Groomer, 

Must be time for a new Tractor for you soon. How often does your club replace machines.

And when they do want type of machine will the new one be?

Steve

59 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Hi Groomer, 

Must be time for a new Tractor for you soon. How often does your club replace machines.

And when they do want type of machine will the new one be?

Steve

bonsoir fuse6 !!!

great idea !!!....i wish i could have a new one...

can t tell exactly .....they buy a new one about every 10 years( average )....but mine still don t have too many hrs....can t remember for sure...must be around 3400 hrs something ...don t think higher than 3500 hrs...if memory still good...the one i had before ...the sur-trac was at 5600 hrs ...

when i started grooming with the gilbert ...i was saving 3 hrs grooming tq 5 ...compared to the sur-trac

well , i guess if they buy a new one for me....another gilbert .......i won t mind...never drove a br 

jean-guy

DSC_5475.JPG

DSC_5494.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Folks ... I've been receiving complaints from some of my club's members that, even after choosing "English" as the language of transaction for the online purchasing of trail passes, the process keeps reverting to French at each step.  I can't remember this happening while using the system myself, but I was wondering if any of our English speaking friends have been encountering this annoyance.  On a positive note, I ordered mine on a Sunday afternoon and the pass was in my mailbox on Thursday. Of course, I'm a Québec resident so I guess that helps!

Yes Gullyrider,  I had this problem a few days ago,  doing it in English and each new page switched to French. As I recall I was able to bring it back to English again but it wasn't easy.

What did confuse me was when the form asked for 'plate'. I assume they wanted my Maine plate number but wasn't sure.

mike

4 hours ago, mikerider said:

Yes Gullyrider,  I had this problem a few days ago,  doing it in English and each new page switched to French. As I recall I was able to bring it back to English again but it wasn't easy.

What did confuse me was when the form asked for 'plate'. I assume they wanted my Maine plate number but wasn't sure.

mike

Hi Mike ... I confirmed with the FCMQ this afternoon that the language switching back and forth is indeed a bug.  Hopefully, they'll get it straightened out.  In the meantime, folks have to keep clicking on English in the upper right hand corner whenever it happens.  As for plate, you were correct.  It's simply the field where you enter your registration number.  Of course, in Québec we have plates .... it's just you can never get to police officers to agree where it should be mounted (side tunnel? snowflap?).  I guess it depends on the phase of the moon ....

6 hours ago, Gullyrider said:

Hi Folks ... I've been receiving complaints from some of my club's members that, even after choosing "English" as the language of transaction for the online purchasing of trail passes, the process keeps reverting to French at each step.  I can't remember this happening while using the system myself, but I was wondering if any of our English speaking friends have been encountering this annoyance.  On a positive note, I ordered mine on a Sunday afternoon and the pass was in my mailbox on Thursday. Of course, I'm a Québec resident so I guess that helps!

About 2 weeks to get my pass to Vermont    so I'd say don't wait until the last minute. 

On 11/22/2019 at 4:30 PM, doo4adoo said:

Not sure if folks noticed but there is a link at the bottom to buy without Insurance for out of Province Riders

You are better to pay full pop and then submit for the rebate right away (same day).  If you go this route your permit order isn't delayed and you don't get charged the admin fee.  

4 hours ago, Signfan said:

You are better to pay full pop and then submit for the rebate right away (same day).  If you go this route your permit order isn't delayed and you don't get charged the admin fee.  

Worked like a charm exactly as you describe - two permits, bought two different times, insurance refund cheques received within 7 days later. Permits in 5 days - Canada Post.

No Plate # New Sled

New sled is still at dealer. I have the VIN # but because they haven’t license yet no plate number. 

Want to get my permits ordered. Anyone know what l can put in the plate number box that will work for now?

bonsoir smclelan and jackstraw !!!

as usual great thx for supporting our club again ...

hoping to see you on the trail or at the clubhouse...

still very  mild temps....snowed heavy around 2 pm  ...but not much accumulations !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9128.JPG

DSC_8017.JPG

49 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

No Plate # New Sled

New sled is still at dealer. I have the VIN # but because they haven’t license yet no plate number. 

Want to get my permits ordered. Anyone know what l can put in the plate number box that will work for now?

Not sure but I suspect the system will tell you a plate is required to proceed. Your permit pink slip has to have a plate # that matches the serial number.  You do have till December 9th at the early bird price. The other option is to call the fcmq, they have a number shown if you have questions.

Can your dealer assign a registration number to you ahead of time?  I had mine in NY do that as it was getting close to the Dec. 9 early bird deadline on my last sled.  You could use the plate number from your last sled, then do a transfer when you get your new sled?  It will cost you $30, but it is an option.    

19 minutes ago, GSX800 said:

Can your dealer assign a registration number to you ahead of time?  I had mine in NY do that as it was getting close to the Dec. 9 early bird deadline on my last sled.  You could use the plate number from your last sled, then do a transfer when you get your new sled?  It will cost you $30, but it is an option.    

Texted my salesman, they don’t have time to get machine PDI this week but they will get it licensed tomorrow so l will have the plate number and be good to go. 

Another permit for team 116

10 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Texted my salesman, they don’t have time to get machine PDI this week but they will get it licensed tomorrow so l will have the plate number and be good to go. 

Another permit for team 116

good morning fuse !!!

many thx for the support and like the others ,hope to see you at the clubhouse or on  the trails !!!

-7c and blue sky this morning !!!

jean-guy

DSC_2342.JPG

DSC_2398.JPG

I get the whole idea of buying your permit on-line, makes sense. 

But to but a daily permit, three day or 7 day permit, these should be able to be printed from your printer. What happens when you decide to go to Quebec last second which happens in my case often, you are screwed.

I ordered my season about a month ago, so it is not fresh in my decay memory.  Pretty sure that you can print out your paperwork that you can show if stopped.  More than half of our gang gets the 7 day permit as they only go up once a winter.  I told them to wait until the last few days before we leave to make sure we don’t change the dates due to the weather...or something else.