2020 Trail Permits - Online Only

Signfan

My permit showed up yesterday,  took exactly two weeks, which I thought was pretty good.

So do I understand that people wanting a permit for a few days can't get one at a club house anymore? All those people, for example, that cross over by sled  in Maine to do a day trip in Quebec need to get their permit online first AND print it out.  I am guessing there are many like me who do not even have a printer. It would seem smart for the clubs to have a computer and printer set up to let people stopping in and use the computer to get their permit, as long as they check off that club house as their support club.

mike

10 hours ago, markusvt said:

Report back if you need help, we can can walk you through it.

Purchased a one day permit for next week. Yes it’s print version of a pass and they ask just to keep it in your pocket in a ziplock bag or have a screen shot of it on your phone. 

Nice and easy.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:53 PM, Gullyrider said:

Hi Mike ... I confirmed with the FCMQ this afternoon that the language switching back and forth is indeed a bug.  Hopefully, they'll get it straightened out.  In the meantime, folks have to keep clicking on English in the upper right hand corner whenever it happens.  As for plate, you were correct.  It's simply the field where you enter your registration number.  Of course, in Québec we have plates .... it's just you can never get to police officers to agree where it should be mounted (side tunnel? snowflap?).  I guess it depends on the phase of the moon ....

Purchased my season pass and only had to switch to English once.  Purchased, printed receipt and everything went very easy and smooth.  Within a minute got email notification and proof of purchase.  No problems, so it appears maybe they have the bugs worked out.  Thanks. 

I'd have to say that this is one of the more lucid explanations out there regarding the online purchase of Québec trail permits ... and it's in English!!

https://intrepidsnowmobiler.com/quebec-annual-trail-permit/?fbclid=IwAR25y3m8_aqa97m_iMynmvxwzzziuF7dJUo3HJQzNhjfI1fFLnPyBGgOGqc

17 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Purchased a one day permit for next week. Yes it’s print version of a pass and they ask just to keep it in your pocket in a ziplock bag or have a screen shot of it on your phone. 

Nice and easy.

Instructions that are attached to the printable permit 

INSTRUCTIONS:  Once printed, the trail permit must be affixed to the snowmobile to which it was registered. It is your responsibility to ensure that it remains clear and legible for the duration of its usage. We offered the following suggestions as methods of protecting and affixing the permit to your snowmobile:

• Insert the permit in a clear plastic packing slip envelope with adhesive backing from an office supply store.
  • Laminate the permit and tape it to the snowmobile.
  • Affix the permit to the sled with clear packing tape that will allow to be seen while protecting it from the elements.
  • Insert the permit in a clear Ziploc bag and tape it to the snowmobile.
  • As an extra precaution, we recommend printing the required permit registration paperwork and proof of purchase and carrying it on your person at all times.
Edited by gun-driver

10 hours ago, gun-driver said:

Instructions that are attached to the printable permit 

INSTRUCTIONS:  Once printed, the trail permit must be affixed to the snowmobile to which it was registered. It is your responsibility to ensure that it remains clear and legible for the duration of its usage. We offered the following suggestions as methods of protecting and affixing the permit to your snowmobile:

• Insert the permit in a clear plastic packing slip envelope with adhesive backing from an office supply store.
  • Laminate the permit and tape it to the snowmobile.
  • Affix the permit to the sled with clear packing tape that will allow to be seen while protecting it from the elements.
  • Insert the permit in a clear Ziploc bag and tape it to the snowmobile.
  • As an extra precaution, we recommend printing the required permit registration paperwork and proof of purchase and carrying it on your person at all times.

Hmm, it doesn’t state any of this on the permit.

A7DAFEEF-C95A-417F-9436-AAC6A627B1A3.thumb.png.33085302a56ee7982157633f95ab7d17.png

8 minutes ago, gun-driver said:

That's strange it's on the pass I printed out

pass.jpg

Is yours a yearly pass and what you printed is only a temporary till your sticker comes in the mail?

What I have is a day pass, but still you would think they would want me to affix it to the sled some how. 

On 9/16/2019 at 6:37 PM, schooter said:

i just received a note that 7 day passes will still be available at the clubs 

Is this still true?

A lot of Americans are in the habit of just getting day and week passes at the Hotels when they show up. I did this for years when I worked for a living, and had no free time.

1 hour ago, NHTOM said:

Is this still true?

A lot of Americans are in the habit of just getting day and week passes at the Hotels when they show up. I did this for years when I worked for a living, and had no free time.

online only

"For the purchase of your trail permit, you will be obligated to purchase it on-line, and this for all categories!"

Well maybe today the number of casual US riders is so small that this wont make a big difference.

But like manditory passports reduced US ridership, this will again reduce US sledder numbers riding in QC. No fault of anyone here, just the way it is.....

I am not sure this should look like a big hurdle. I am betting if a person bought the permit online even if it was the day they arrived and could show the email confirmation on their cell phone it would pass.  The trail wardens and QPP want to see something that shows the permits matches the sled you are riding.  

Clearly there is going to be a lot of people who are accustomed to getting their permits when they get to Quebec who are going to be in for a surprise.  I rode Quebec once a year for several years before being an annual pass buyer and finding the permits was usually the 1st part of the adventure - especially in a town like Magog.  Was at my dealer on the 9th while he was purchasing his pass on the last day for the discount discussing this and he said Dennis told him they (Le Cabanon) were thinking of having a computer and printer set up just for this.  In a pinch go to a hotel with a business center, or Staples or Fedex center.   I am guessing a variety of different types of even smaller business are going to let uninformed guest riders use a few minutes on their computers this season to get their passes.  Its just the way the Quebecois are usually,  

On 12/11/2019 at 5:18 AM, actionjack said:

Clearly there is going to be a lot of people who are accustomed to getting their permits when they get to Quebec who are going to be in for a surprise.  I rode Quebec once a year for several years before being an annual pass buyer and finding the permits was usually the 1st part of the adventure - especially in a town like Magog.  Was at my dealer on the 9th while he was purchasing his pass on the last day for the discount discussing this and he said Dennis told him they (Le Cabanon) were thinking of having a computer and printer set up just for this.  In a pinch go to a hotel with a business center, or Staples or Fedex center.   I am guessing a variety of different types of even smaller business are going to let uninformed guest riders use a few minutes on their computers this season to get their passes.  Its just the way the Quebecois are usually,  

Just in case anyone does go the Staples route and is looking for one in Quebec, it is called Bureau en Gros. 

On 12/5/2019 at 9:13 PM, smclelan said:

I am not sure this should look like a big hurdle. I am betting if a person bought the permit online even if it was the day they arrived and could show the email confirmation on their cell phone it would pass.  The trail wardens and QPP want to see something that shows the permits matches the sled you are riding.  

Change always presents a little unclarity, but this new way of registering I think will shake down and actually be much easier and I think it will more evenly distribute grooming dollars so when we get to the end of March, and there is still a lot of riding left, hopefully more clubs will still have enough cash to continue grooming and not close. It is also reasonably easy to navigate and process the application and very nice to be all ready to ride when you get there. Next season, you already have an account all set up and your sleds are already there in history, so moving forward gets easier, lets hope this works out as intended and makes it all better!!

It's probably worthwhile considering that Ontario, whose trail network and membership numbers are quite similar to Québec, have sold their trail passes exclusively online for about five years now.  Anyway, at this point in time, our kitchen table would normally our be covered in the Club paperwork that our secretary had gathered up by travelling all over the country (at his own expence, I might add).  My wife (the club treasurer) would be going out of her mind counting and recounting upwards of sixty grand in small bills (while trying to calculate the applicable taxes) and I'd be trying to input the data from 400 poorly written pass slips filled out in gas bars, dealerships and dépanneurs.  Instead, this year we've simply received semi-weekly emails detailing just how much money was directly deposited into our bank account (with taxes already calculated), and I have access to a database where the info has already been entered.  And ... to top it off ... our club is 27 members to the good over last year.  If we had a bottle of champagne ... we'd pop it!  I guess Molson's Ex will do ...

That is an excellent story.  I believe the online only permits are such a huge win for all those hard working volunteers like yourself and everyone else that was doing the same thing you just talked about.

Cheers to a better system!! 

Guys wondering on how long to get your passes.  Looked to be two weeks?  I ordered mine 11-26-19 and paid extra for Express and have still not received them?  Saw on one of my receipts that it's only good for 14 days so it seems u should have your pass within 14 days?