2020 Trail Permits - Online Only

Signfan

41 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Sent a email out too them yesterday and got a automated response saying it will take up to 48 hours for them to read my email.  We are planning to head up after xmas thought I took care of this early enough. 

Me too.... I ordered back in Nov. still nothing.

Sent an email and did not even get the automated response.

Print the paperwork and keep it in your jacket.

Later

GutZ

29 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

Me too.... I ordered back in Nov. still nothing.

Sent an email and did not even get the automated response.

Print the paperwork and keep it in your jacket.

Later

GutZ

this might help.....

The FCMQ is late on call and email returns, but ensures that the printing and delivery of access rights is up to date. However, we received a communication from Canada Post indicating a delay in delivery given the high season.

3 hours ago, groomer said:

this might help.....

The FCMQ is late on call and email returns, but ensures that the printing and delivery of access rights is up to date. However, we received a communication from Canada Post indicating a delay in delivery given the high season.

They should have used the US Postal Service!!

Everyone knows the Candian Post is slow!!!

LOL

I printed mine, we should have no issues.... If they can catch us!

GutZ

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:00 PM, Gullyrider said:

It's probably worthwhile considering that Ontario, whose trail network and membership numbers are quite similar to Québec, have sold their trail passes exclusively online for about five years now.  Anyway, at this point in time, our kitchen table would normally our be covered in the Club paperwork that our secretary had gathered up by travelling all over the country (at his own expence, I might add).  My wife (the club treasurer) would be going out of her mind counting and recounting upwards of sixty grand in small bills (while trying to calculate the applicable taxes) and I'd be trying to input the data from 400 poorly written pass slips filled out in gas bars, dealerships and dépanneurs.  Instead, this year we've simply received semi-weekly emails detailing just how much money was directly deposited into our bank account (with taxes already calculated), and I have access to a database where the info has already been entered.  And ... to top it off ... our club is 27 members to the good over last year.  If we had a bottle of champagne ... we'd pop it!  I guess Molson's Ex will do ...

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:35 PM, smclelan said:

That is an excellent story.  I believe the online only permits are such a huge win for all those hard working volunteers like yourself and everyone else that was doing the same thing you just talked about.

Cheers to a better system!! 

I know I've always felt a little guilty emailing my information to Groomer because I knew all the other steps he and the Albertville club would have to complete to get my pass to me. Yes, I was supporting their small club but someone still had to fill out the form, deal with FMCQ, fill out the Canada Post forms, etc., etc.

Volunteers everywhere have enough to do so if the burden of trail permits can be eased let's embrace the change!

7 hours ago, Thinksno said:

I ordered Dec 3rd and paid extra for priority delivery. Did I waste $15? I have two + weeks off starting Friday- Dang

Trail patrollers, who, of course, are snowmobilers themselves, are mainly interested in seeing that you made a good faith attempt to support the trail network to which they devote so much of their time.  I think it's pretty unlikely that any patroller, once presented with evidence that someone did indeed order and pay for their pass, would be all hardass about the lack of a sticker or whatnot attributable to mail delays  As a patroller myself, I know that once I'm satisfied that someone made a by-the-book effort to obtain their trail pass, and is not trying to scam the system, I am more than happy to thank them for their support and wave them on.  For the most part, we're not faceless bureaucrats trying to ruin someone's day because of some technical issue (though I have had issues with the odd police officer!).  Because of the last minute rush for trail passes, and the volume of Christmas mail being processed by Canada Post, the FCMQ has requested that both patrollers and police officers exercise good judgement and be a little bit indulgent towards riders who are rolling with only a printed receipt of their pass purchase.  Makes sense to me!

Gullyrider it seems your in the know on how things run.  I'm assuming my 15 dollar express fee is going to be a donation?  Our will I be reimbursed?  Guys I know it's only 15$ but I dont like paying for something I dont get.  Maybe it ends up going towards the grooming fund?  Then it's all good.  Thanks for your feedback. 

15 hours ago, Blueblood said:

Gullyrider it seems your in the know on how things run.  I'm assuming my 15 dollar express fee is going to be a donation?  Our will I be reimbursed?  Guys I know it's only 15$ but I dont like paying for something I dont get.  Maybe it ends up going towards the grooming fund?  Then it's all good.  Thanks for your feedback. 

Paying extra for Express or Priority post  has nothing to do wth the FCMQ or speeding up their processing. It is just a delivery option offered by Canada Post to expedite the item quicker, but it only works best major center to major center, throw in living in the country or the need to pass through customs and then onto the USPS and you get the idea. Mail volumes are not what they used to be at Christmas, except for the parcel segment which is growing at a crazy rate at Christmas. The Parcel segment and any backlog due to volume should have little or no effect on the passes which are basically sent in a letter mail envelope. I live just 70 miles north of Montreal and have not received my pass yet, it was ordered Dec 5th. Last year it took about a week and a half. My take on the delay is with ALL the passes being sold only on line this season for the first time and everyone wanting to buy before the price rise deadline, they are simply overwhelmed in processing them. 

On 12/19/2019 at 5:45 AM, Blueblood said:

I agree with CNC's comment that the contractors hired by the FCMQ to process the requests were probably overwhelmed by the last minute rush.  I was monitoring daily pass sales in our own club, and, up to the last two days, was starting to get a bit worried.  Then ... boom ... they all started flooding in.  Multiply that by 199 clubs, most many times larger than our own, and you've got quite the logistical challenge.  As for the $15.00 charge, again, as CNC said, that's Canada Post's premium mail charge.  When I was personally mailing them out for our club, I sent them registered so that I could track the delivery and have it confirmed by signature.  However, that capability ended at the Canada/US border.  We had one Vermonter complaining about us on Hardcoresledder, wondering if he'd been scammed because, weeks after his credit card had been debited, he still hadn't received his pass.  After I contacted him, we found out it had been sitting in his post office up the street all along!  The funny thing was, on HCS the Ontario Hill & Gully Riders were taking the fall for this as most didn't realize that there was also an identically named club in Québec!  Phew ..... dodged a bullet there ....

Edited by Gullyrider

I purchased mine November 26, I did not come last week so I went sledding with a copy of my confirmation on my phone. I sent an email last night to the FCMQ say it had not come, I recieved a bounce back saying their mail box was full try again later....I have a copy of this on my phone. As long as my phone doesn't go dead and can show this to a Trail Patrol or QPP I am sure there will not issue. The federation knows they have an issue and will be understanding. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

This is getting  crazy I still have not received my two trail passes. Ordered Nov 25 I recall.

That’s 6 weeks!, I would be calling Fcmq at this point.

Ordered my oldest boy a pass on  December 8th and he told me he got it day or two after Christmas.  I definitely would be calling them.