Tremblant- St Faustin by pass

Cnc

16 hours ago, smclelan said:

I find it very disappointing that at this very late stage of the project the person is just speaking up now. 

Usually when there is a project that concerns the public, at the beginning there is a public comment period where people can make their case and be heard, after that period government officials make a decision on how or if the project moves forward. After this phase of public comment ends, that is the end of public input.You make your case BEFORE THE PROJECT STARTS. This case is ridiculous, where some one who is literally living less than 20 yards from this enormous project where heavy equipment is operating for 9 months, comes forward when the project is complete and says, oh, I did not know this was happening, you need to stop this now....I hate lawyers who represent people in this fashion...this is frivolous and way out of line...and these people should be prosecuted for this, and if this trail does not open a judge should make them pay back the 3 million dollars that was spent on this project. I hate to think about the case precedence this case will make moving forward.

6 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Usually when there is a project that concerns the public, at the beginning there is a public comment period where people can make their case and be heard, after that period government officials make a decision on how or if the project moves forward. After this phase of public comment ends, that is the end of public input.You make your case BEFORE THE PROJECT STARTS. This case is ridiculous, where some one who is literally living less than 20 yards from this enormous project where heavy equipment is operating for 9 months, comes forward when the project is complete and says, oh, I did not know this was happening, you need to stop this now....I hate lawyers who represent people in this fashion...this is frivolous and way out of line...and these people should be prosecuted for this, and if this trail does not open a judge should make them pay back the 3 million dollars that was spent on this project. I hate to think about the case precedence this case will make moving forward.

You don’t suppose that only when they realized all the construction was for a snowmobile trail that they had an issue?😇. This project has been 2-3 years in the planning and was often in the local free newspaper before the first tree was cut and the progress of the construction was also reported several times in that same paper. 

• 1 month later...

Well, 3 million in the hole, three times the trail needed to be rebuilt in several areas due to poor construction,  and no trail.... the MTQ came out sometime in the last 2 weeks and posted it all with "no snowmobiles or ATV" signs... there are still the group of dorks who are passing on it despite all of the issues, must have been at least 20 sleds on it in the last three days alone(it will be these guys that ruin it for everyone else, just like the PTN).... It is a total cluster-fuck, both by the clubs, the greed of the company who did the work, the government who did not do their job properly in the vetting process at the very start when they studied the trajectory to verify all the wet-zones, creeks and streams that need special attention... the FCMQ should be ashamed of the part they played in this as well... IMHO, this trail will never open in its current state....

Edited by turbonator
more rant...LOL

Living in the area, I am one of those who has been hoping and waiting for this to open, but certainly I am 100% against these guys running that trail right now. In this instance I hope the club, ministre du transport or other in authority  put big cement blocks at each end to block these guys.