Relais 22 from VT

slimjim2525

I have a place in northern VT.  We have been doing more runs into southern Quebec from Island Pond as day trips.  This year we want to leave IP and head up Lac St Jean area, Relais 22.  Only question is, what's the best way to cross the St. Lawrence?  Don't want to go all the way over to Matane and catch the ferry.

I believe there is a transport for hire at Trios Rivers. On the south side of the river there is a Dealer or Hotel that offers the service. Florida Snowman most likely has the drivers # in his phone. I think I heard a while back 50.00 per sled with a minimum # of sleds.

GutZ

• 2 weeks later...

When we pulled into the Colibri last winter the trailer was there missing a wheel and hub. So inside we go for a couple hours waiting for a repair. The guy puts a new hub and wheel on and does not even put a dust cap on and off we go!!! LOL They are using an old van now instead of the Suburban same mechanical condition though!!!

Some mechanical issues???  Every possible light that could be on in the dash was! LOL. That said, we loaded up at the Colibri and $36/sled later he dropped us on the other side. I suspect within two days he was replacing the hub again since he left it wide open to the salt and road debris.

8 hours ago, Andyman said:

When we pulled into the Colibri last winter the trailer was there missing a wheel and hub. So inside we go for a couple hours waiting for a repair. The guy puts a new hub and wheel on and does not even put a dust cap on and off we go!!! LOL They are using an old van now instead of the Suburban same mechanical condition though!!!

That van sounds like its in the same shape as the Hotel.