easy trail access? - quebec airport super 8

slomo

My spouse's holidays are generally shorter than mine, so came up with a plan for her to fly to a destination while I drove and arrived earlier with the sled trailer. Wondering if anyone had any experience with trail access to the Quebec City airport Super 8? The trail map shows a trail in the general area, but then you have to cross a set of railway tracks. A few streets or back lots appear between the end of the trail and the hotel parking lot - which might provoke some private property concerns.

1226565294_map01.thumb.jpg.4a2e300232df59ed4a9cb2e99352915d.jpg

274394357_map02.jpg.5c613f933c7df4e8a96881377cd0142e.jpg

Looks like a good place from which to launch for day trips which is my usual thing. Super 8 is a map trail supporter and advertised as sledder friendly. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

Edited by slomo

If they list it as Sled Friendly then it will most likely have access.

Now access may be down the side of the road a little and across a bridge over the tracks on a sidewalk.... but should be do-able ( I've ridden worse )

I would call them directly, not the national #, and ask. They may need to find the person who speaks English. If they dont speak american ( Proper English ) let us know and I'm sure we can find someone who can call and ask.

Later

GutZ 

For the time it takes to drive across town I'd just stay at Hotel Signature.  Good trail access and free parking if you stay there for a night.  Still a few busy roads to cross to get out of town, but it's all groomed trail and decent running.  Strongly recommend going mid week.  Lots of traffic in this area on the weekends.

27 minutes ago, Signfan said:

For the time it takes to drive across town I'd just stay at Hotel Signature.  Good trail access and free parking if you stay there for a night.  Still a few busy roads to cross to get out of town, but it's all groomed trail and decent running.  Strongly recommend going mid week.  Lots of traffic in this area on the weekends.

It's now a Double tree , still sleds are welcome