Want a summer virtual ride? here's the Isle Verte video

towing

I hope everybody have a great summer, Kristine and I have a nice one!

1rst september today, the daylight started to shorten and the evenings are a little cooler ... good feeling!!!

I had begin to edit some untouched video files I took last season and leave you this morning this one: The Isle Verte/Notre Dame des Sept Douleurs video overview

It's Mr and Mrs GT Rider that talked me about this place when we met them in RDL last season. They also did put some nice pics/details in their photo report. They receiveid the hint themselves from mikerider, so I want to thank all of you for having lead us to discover this nice hidden spot!

It is a small island in the St- Lawrence river approximately 20 mile east of Rivière du Loup which is connected to the south shore via a ferry in the summer, but only accessible in winter by sled via an ice bridge . They have their own groomer that surface the island road and little part of the ice bridge up to the main section of the river. Since there is no car traffic on the island, the trucks and cars are all buried in the snow and they use snowmobile as a daily transportation.

Their trails are probably not federated because they are not on any trail map, it is not a  well known spot for sure!. It's a small place(around 8 miles long) that comes out of the ordinary with beautiful coastal lanscape/colored houses, also their lighthouse worth the view... by the way it is the 3rd oldest in Canada and the older on the St-Laurence river, built in 1809!

As usual, it's best viewed in 1080p on large screen with the sound "on"....enjoy! 

Alain

Edited by towing

On 9/1/2019 at 11:41 AM, 800steve said:

Nice ride Alain, Thanks. 3 more months!!!!!

Thanks 800steve! yep, last season opener was on the 1st december!

On 9/1/2019 at 12:24 PM, jak said:

Did that for the first time with Mike & Jack last year. Weather was perfect just like in your video. Thanks Alain, really enjoy all your posts.

Thanks Jak! You certainly recognize most of the scenes of the video and relive the trip! Those blue Jay day are not only a blast to ride but also give outstanding good result on the camera. It is like this for the pics but even more on the video. We had been lucky and had many good video shots last season.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, actionjack said:

Im guessing Im the only one sitting next to the River Pool here at Kingsmill Resort watching snowmobile videos. Thanks for sharing Allan. Your summer trip looked pretty awesome too. 

Pretty sure you were the only one! You are welcome for the sharing 👍

We had a real blast on our summer roadtrip in the west usa! we had it on the bucket list since a while but always postpone because time missing or too expensive but this time we pull the trigger even not having the ideal conditions and we don't regret a single minute of this trip, even doing 7000 miles(11000+kms) in 15 days was a challenge... we were not at our first challenge!!! 😉 

1 hour ago, doo4adoo said:

Is this run always available or is it weather dependent for the crossing

Thanks to all

Needs to be a cold winter to freeze the tidal ice going out to the island. Also, years ago, the first time I went out to the Isle, the wind had blown the snow off one side of the island and the riding in sections was on dirt instead of snow. It is only a couple miles of riding out on the Isle, but pretty neat with all the 'artist cottages'. farms, history etc. and the great views out onto the St. Lawrence.  Worth the trip. The trail leading to the Isle is a nice detour bypassing and then connecting back up with trail #5 east.

mike

the "ice wall" on the barn was around a foot thick on the top and two feets on the bottom!

I had not really realize before you write about it that the lignthouse bend so much when on the side of the image...funny effect! 

I am used to this because I always film in superview, I may take a look when doing my next editing I think it is possible to remove the fish eye...