The place to stay when in Clova?

GSX800

I’m planning one of our rides this winter and I’m looking to stay our second to last night in Clova leaving out of Val d’ Or.  Originally we were going to stay in Lac Faillon, but that’s too short of a day.  Considering Balbuzard, but unsure if it will be open again this winter? I will be watching the post on that subject.  So it looks like Clova is the spot as we’re trying to shorten the following day into Mekoos.  Any information on where to stay in Clova would be appreciated.  Thanks ahead of time. - Rick

I don't think there are many options in Clova..... Tamarac and\or Clova Hotel and\or Schoolhouse , all owned by a Domenic, from what I was told.

I've heard good and bad.

Others will have better info, but it's a start.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.quebecgetaways.com/hotel-en_clova&prev=search

Later

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

Hi Rick,

Clova is a good place to stay.  Like Gutz said, not many options.  Make reservations.

You can't see them in the photo above but to the left side there are railroad tracks.  They run along side of the restaurant where the Canadian flag is hanging.  Don't park your sleds on that side of the restaurant.  Sometimes the tracks are covered with snow.  Years ago some sledders did.  They didn't ride their snowmobiles after the train came into  town.

We stopped in Clova one night and everything was full.  They put us in the barn on the other side of the pond (lake).  There were others in the barn with us.  Bunk beds, common shower / toilet and a wood stove down stairs.  Yes there was a down stairs to the barn.  It looked like a fire trap but it was one of the best night's sleep I've had.

Enjoy the rustic Canadian wilderness.

Jack & Sandi

Thank you all.  We’ve been through Clova many times.  Gassed up and ate lunch at the gas station/restaurant, but have never had the need to stay there.  I’ve heard mostly good stuff about staying there.  

21 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Another option could be to head north a bit to Martins for a rustic adventure stay

Martin is a cool , off the beaten path kinda place. Rustic yes, but food and hospitality are great !  Cabins only,no lodge. We have a group of 8 staying there in January. First time we headed there the groomer was down and it was a bitch getting there and we took a road back to Clova the next morning. I believe it's just under 30 miles from Clova

Is there a groomed trail from Clova north to Martin's? Or is it 50 km of off trail running? Assuming there is some kind of logging road that takes you in there?  Also has anyone on here ever ran the Gouin reservoir from one end to the other?  Down to Barrage Gouin?  Is it an easy run? Or is there places to avoid on it.  Looks to be a huge piece of waterway.

1 hour ago, Signfan said:

Is there a groomed trail from Clova north to Martin's? Or is it 50 km of off trail running? Assuming there is some kind of logging road that takes you in there?  Also has anyone on here ever ran the Gouin reservoir from one end to the other?  Down to Barrage Gouin?  Is it an easy run? Or is there places to avoid on it.  Looks to be a huge piece of waterway.

No groomed or marked trail from Clova, bush trails, logging roads etc. Phil1 and I made the trek last year to find out they were closed but we didn't have plans on staying overnight so no biggy.