A sight you don’t often see

snowmaster2112

On 9/16/2019 at 10:15 PM, Signfan said:

How did you get the fat bike to Manawan?

I drove to St-Jean-de-Matha and spent a few days at my buddies parents. After going there for 17 yrs I had never seen the place in the summer. Got to go on a nice pontoon boat tour of Lac Noir and do some fat biking on the local trails. Then headed up to LeCabanon (never been there in summer either) to visit for a couple hours and have breakfast with Diane. From there I drove up to St Michele and picked up the dirt roads heading north (what a hoot that is). Got to an intersection (riddled with trash) that said 26 clicks (Manawan) or 32 clicks Repos. Well I was heading to Repos way but it was 1 pm and a beautiful sunny day so I said f#*k it....Im going to Manawan first. Did a quick lap of the town in the pickup first. Was surprised to see no kids and no dogs (kinda weird). Decided again....f*#k it I'm looping this sucker (all 2 miles of it) on the fat bike. Well I didnt even have to think twice about where I was going to park my truck while doing it. It was loaded inside and out with all kinds of stuff that someone could have easily grabbed. Any guesses ......the Police Station !!! Here are a couple pics from the shores of the Lac there. Its actually a really beautiful spot. I wish someone had video of my fat ass on a fat bike with a blinky helmet on and yellow safety vest riding the streets there. The locals were looking at me like I was some kinda freak alien from a distant planet. I was chuckling the whole time....LOL 

After that I stopped by Repos just to take some pics and the place was deserted except for a couple workers. Then off to the camp at Lac Chapeau for 4 nights. It was a fabulous trip albeit being solo. Got to have dinner with the world famous Towing & Kristine also on the trip. We have met before a couple years back but didnt get to spend much time together. They are both not only world famous but "world class" as well. You wont find two nicer people. 

285ED95F-91FA-4DD7-8CF4-67EB1C916F00.jpeg