TransQuebec 63 at La Macaza

Cnc

Looks like a loss of access on private land will make the 63 a dead end at La Macaza for this season unless a solution is found.

https://linformationdunordvalleedelarouge.ca/actualites/2019/10/8/le-sentier-trans-quebec-63-se-scinde-a-la-macaza.html#.XZ4BrWk3mOA.facebook

1 hour ago, Fuse6 said:

CNC do l have the right spot marked on this map?

IMG_1502.PNG

Fuse not sure the exact spot but I guess it is in that general area. Guys are asking on Face book exactly where but nothing pinpointed yet except the article does say the Depanneur /  resto-bar LaMacaza is the last commercial stop before the closure.

Looks like the trail passes under the lines further west, back towards Riviere rouge, along the chemin Macaza.... I would venture to say its more in that area.... Cuts off the bar and store from the western section of the trail....

2 hours ago, Signfan said:

This sucks.  At least it's in a spot you can get around it though (north or south) without adding too many miles.

52 km detour via the 323 to Labelle and then the 325 which is actually the pitit train du Nord as is the 63 where they join up.

FD13EA5F-8AED-4160-8507-2EE7C98D5B34.jpeg

I agree with grumpysanta. Our club recently lost a 20 mile or so piece of a big loop in the Adirondacks because of a new landowner. It will take years to get approval to reroute the trail.

As a frequent rider out of LECABANON this is not good! With the cafeteria being closed at the top of the park last year,  no gas is available from SMS west to LaMacaza. Maybe Towing can jump in here and get a clarification about this, to confirm this is true.

Hank

1 hour ago, Snappy Hank said:

As a frequent rider out of LECABANON this is not good! With the cafeteria being closed at the top of the park last year,  no gas is available from SMS west to LaMacaza. Maybe Towing can jump in here and get a clarification about this, to confirm this is true.

Hank

I agree it sucks, but it's still rideable.  Roughly 200 km from SMS to Riviere Rouge running around that southern loop.

The way I read this, is that the Gas station/Restaurant , across the street from the airport will still be accessible? It looks as though some part of the trail behind it is closed, shutting off the way into Rivière Rouge?

37 minutes ago, GSX800 said:

The way I read this, is that the Gas station/Restaurant , across the street from the airport will still be accessible? It looks as though some part of the trail behind it is closed, shutting off the way into Rivière Rouge?

If that's the case couldn't they just run a stake line up the lake and tie into trail 322?

On 10/15/2019 at 7:20 PM, Snappy Hank said:

Hank

I don't know all the details but here some maths: Like Cnc point above, the #323/#325 detour through Labelle to Rivière Rouge is 52kms(32miles) vs the usual path on the #63 24kms(15miles) an addition of 28kms(17,5miles).... but there is fuel in Labelle!!!  so the fuel autonomy we need to have is St-Michel/Labelle which is 142kms(89miles)...not that bad...

The other question now is how the snowmobile clubs will be able to manage the grooming. The FrancNord snowmobile club that groom the #63 in Rivière-Rouge/Macaza area have to groom up to the middle of the Rouge-Mattawin reserve to join with St-Michel des Saint club... are they able to get around the closed spot by the road with the Dozer? or have a dozer on each side of the closure? or find an alternate trail path to get the #63 around the closed spot(which would be the best option).  The #323 trail is groomed by Labelle snowmobile club up to the #63 junction... would it be possible they go further on the #63 trail to join the St-MIchel des Saint club in the middle of the rouge-Mattawin reserve???

There are options/solutions... the #63 trail is a main trail, many people are working on this problem right now,  I'm confident we will have a solution in the next weeks.

Alain

That sheds a different light on the situation. It also gives another option of taking trail to St Come and going in that direction over to Mont Laurier. Plenty of fuel on that trail. 

Towing, thanks for your input on this subject. It is always better to get local opinion.

Thanks,

Hank