Need advice on the different style Choko Jackets.

Cobra

bought a Choko Adventurer jacket early on last winter. Loved it, extremely warm. The liner doesn't come out, so may  be too hot on a warmer day. It is also heavy, as in weight, but that did not seem to bother me any. But it is a good price and seems to be a quality jacket. I am very happy with it. 

mike

I've been riding with an Adventurer for over 12 years.  It is fabulous.  I'd like a new one because now they have some vents which is a must.  It is a very warm coat; great for Quebec when it is -40.  I only wear a long sleeve midweight underwear and a mid weight vest underneath no matter how cold it gets.  Never been cold even in windy conditions.

Cobra, have you tried your jacket on with your Tek Vest?  The reason I ask, when I got mine, I thought sure I would need a larger jacket as I really didn’t have much spare room.  Surprisingly, it turns out it fit just just fine.  

15 minutes ago, GSX800 said:

Cobra, have you tried your jacket on with your Tek Vest?  The reason I ask, when I got mine, I thought sure I would need a larger jacket as I really didn’t have much spare room.  Surprisingly, it turns out it fit just just fine.  

Yea....  I have the tekvest trail pro and it’s tight, loose on the bottom, arms but I need more room around stomach, ribs, ect.

3 hours ago, mikerider said:

bought a Choko Adventurer jacket early on last winter. Loved it, extremely warm. The liner doesn't come out, so may  be too hot on a warmer day. It is also heavy, as in weight, but that did not seem to bother me any. But it is a good price and seems to be a quality jacket. I am very happy with it. 

mike

Hey Mike, how does the jacket fit, meaning is it more form fitting or do there sizes run on the bigger side.

I normally take a medium everything, but always buy large for sled jackets in case I need to layer up. With the Choko, I tried both med and large and it was  a toss up, but I chose the large. As I recall, (jacket is right now in storage), it is a little more roomy down by the stomach and waist.  You should really try one on with your vest. (I don't wear a vest).

3 hours ago, Glenngo said:

I've been riding with an Adventurer for over 12 years.  It is fabulous.  I'd like a new one because now they have some vents which is a must.  It is a very warm coat; great for Quebec when it is -40.  I only wear a long sleeve midweight underwear and a mid weight vest underneath no matter how cold it gets.  Never been cold even in windy conditions.

4 hours ago, mikerider said:

mike

18 minutes ago, mikerider said:

I normally take a medium everything, but always buy large for sled jackets in case I need to layer up. With the Choko, I tried both med and large and it was  a toss up, but I chose the large. As I recall, (jacket is right now in storage), it is a little more roomy down by the stomach and waist.  You should really try one on with your vest. (I don't wear a vest).

What they said.

I have the Adventurer and it has been great. Very warm.

GutZ

Thanks for all input !!!!. I was really surprised on how thick these certain vests are, even with my normal base  and mid layers on they don’t even come close to the thickness of the vest.

Most of my normal outlets don’t even carry CHOKO GEAR so it’s hard to get my hands on there different jackets for fitment so that’s why I’m asking basic questions.

I think the adventure jacket might be to much considering the vest is a insulator in its self. There pro racing jacket I saw has a zip out liner that caught attention.

I have always been a huge Choko fan.  I did buy a new Adventurer jacket last winter, I am going to sell it.  As said above it is an awesome jacket at -30, however most days without any venting it is too warm. Too hard to control temperature with this jacket.

not to hijack this thread or anything....it just reminded me to get this out so I can take pictures and sell it.

Last year I was in the market for a new jacket. After never owning a Klim and having lots of friends who swear by them I decided to take a look. I quickly came to the realization that the Model I wanted (that I thought would best suit me) was the "Vector" model. Problem was it was discontinued by Klim in 2015. I was also challenged with the fact that I didnt know if I needed a 2xl or 3xl and had nowhere to go try on this particular model. Next problem I had was there was LITERALLY no one (except one motorcycle dealer) in Alberta that had one left each in 2x and 3x but the 2x was grey and the 3x was yellow. Now I wanted the jacket and preferred yellow still not knowing what size would fit me best. Thinking  I would never get another shot at a Vector I bought both from them knowing I was good one way or the other.  I didnt want to screw around shipping/returning. Plus the guy was not going to hold the other while I decided and I might miss out. I knew full well I was going to resell whatever one I didn't keep so here I start. Fellow QuebecRiders will get the first shot if anyone is interested. My original cost 325.00 plus 20 shipping to you in USA. (less if actual cost is less) 

Turns out the 2xl fit me best. Only bummer is I wanted yellow instead of the grey. Here's what I can say about the jacket. It's THE BEST snowmobile jacket by FAR that I have personally ever had. Ironically....I just scanned the net as things pop up from time to time and a guy in Minnesota (eBay) has a black 3X for sale total cost 360.00 and another eBay guy (from Russia no less) has a 2xl in yellow for 286.00 total (STEAL) other than that I see nothing else anywhere in a size your average snowmobiler would want. I saw a Klim rep at the Big East show last year and was relaying the story here about the Vector model and she too agreed they should have never stopped making it. Blamed it on the "always gotta have something new" marketing team. One last thing is, and again IMO Klim stuff runs a tad bit smaller in their sizings. Again....just my opinion. The yellow color in my pic is lightened up considerably due to my lighting and is really much deeper in color. I believe these jackets originally retailed for 450+ dollars

So bottom line is if you to are interested in this (IMO) awesome perfect model snowmobiling jacket here are your options today:

My 3XL yellow for 345 shipped

3XL Black from eBay'r in Minnesota 360 shipped

2XL Yellow from eBay'r (Russia ??) for 286 shipped (downright STEAL if it's legit)

summer 2019 028.jpg

2 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

not to hijack this thread or anything....it just reminded me to get this out so I can take pictures and sell it.

Last year I was in the market for a new jacket. After never owning a Klim and having lots of friends who swear by them I decided to take a look. I quickly came to the realization that the Model I wanted (that I thought would best suit me) was the "Vector" model. Problem was it was discontinued by Klim in 2015. I was also challenged with the fact that I didnt know if I needed a 2xl or 3xl and had nowhere to go try on this particular model. Next problem I had was there was LITERALLY no one (except one motorcycle dealer) in Alberta that had one left each in 2x and 3x but the 2x was grey and the 3x was yellow. Now I wanted the jacket and preferred yellow still not knowing what size would fit me best. Thinking  I would never get another shot at a Vector I bought both from them knowing I was good one way or the other.  I didnt want to screw around shipping/returning. Plus the guy was not going to hold the other while I decided and I might miss out. I knew full well I was going to resell whatever one I didn't keep so here I start. Fellow QuebecRiders will get the first shot if anyone is interested. My original cost 325.00 plus 20 shipping to you in USA. (less if actual cost is less) 

Turns out the 2xl fit me best. Only bummer is I wanted yellow instead of the grey. Here's what I can say about the jacket. It's THE BEST snowmobile jacket by FAR that I have personally ever had. Ironically....I just scanned the net as things pop up from time to time and a guy in Minnesota (eBay) has a black 3X for sale total cost 360.00 and another eBay guy (from Russia no less) has a 2xl in yellow for 286.00 total (STEAL) other than that I see nothing else anywhere in a size your average snowmobiler would want. I saw a Klim rep at the Big East show last year and was relaying the story here about the Vector model and she too agreed they should have never stopped making it. Blamed it on the "always gotta have something new" marketing team. One last thing is, and again IMO Klim stuff runs a tad bit smaller in their sizings. Again....just my opinion. The yellow color in my pic is lightened up considerably due to my lighting and is really much deeper in color. I believe these jackets originally retailed for 450+ dollars

So bottom line is if you to are interested in this (IMO) awesome perfect model snowmobiling jacket here are your options today:

My 3XL yellow for 345 shipped

3XL Black from eBay'r in Minnesota 360 shipped

2XL Yellow from eBay'r (Russia ??) for 286 shipped (downright STEAL if it's legit)

summer 2019 028.jpg

I loved the vector jacket, used it for many years, actually my riding partner now uses it. It was a 2x, lost weight couldn’t use it anymore. Bought the 2018 all black klimate with white logo’s that Klim redesigned with 300 grams and its a large.

Fits fine with my layers BUT with a tek vest I need a xl.

So either a buy a xl klim( which I found online) or I was thinking about the Choko Pro racing jacket xl which I also found online with the zip out liner.

Decisions!!!!!!! 😂 

15 hours ago, GSX800 said:

Did you look at the Keweenaw?  Nice jacket, with venting. Ski Doo’s Absolute 0 gets very a good reviews as well. 

The jacket I have now works very well and has proven itself in Quebec, at least for me. Just need bigger size.

Since being a member on this site, everybody speaks highly of the Choko line.So I thought I might try there jackets.Only problem is I can’t physically get my hands them.

Well had a very interesting day with my ongoing jacket decision. So luck would have it that a dealer at our annual snowmobile show started carrying CHOKO GEAR, vest in hand and I start trying on the adventurer/ Pro racing jacket.

#1 quality seemed excellent, but the Adventurer was quite heavy compared to what I’m used to and with the vest on it’s just way to much without the removal liner option.

#2 Pro Racing Jacket was also heavy feeling with or without liner. Again excellent quality but for me with vest on way to heavy feeling. If not using a Tekvest I would consider either or.

Then I visit my old dealers booth with all the Klim gear which always has a Klim rep on hand.

For there 2020 line they changed up the insulation again and each jacket has different thinsulate ratings from there revamp 2018 jackets.

#1 keeweena jacket is back to being there most warm jacket with a zip out vest. It’s more FORM fitting ect and for me didn’t fit quite right with vest( rep agreed)

#2 The Kaos Jacket is a basic entry level jacket with bold new graphics, only 160 grams of thinsulate, half the venting options as the other jackets and smaller venting zipper lengths. Half the quality as the old vector jacket and NOT the replacement for the vector jacket as I was told by the rep.

#3 The klimate, less insulation, then the revamped 2018 version which for 2020 now makes the Keeweena there warmest coat. The fit is much more friendly with a vest on and was completely different then the keeweena jacket.

So the Klim rep admitted to me that the 2020 klimate/ 2018 Klimate has the same fit but the 2018 version is warmer. Agreed for my situation to purchase a 2018 version if I could find one. Well I did, it’s coming this week. For me the Klim jackets just feel very light compared to others, and always preformed well in my eyes.

Sorry for the long winded post, maybe this will be helpful to others when considering buying new gear.

15 hours ago, Cobra said:

Well had a very interesting day with my ongoing jacket decision. So luck would have it that a dealer at our annual snowmobile show started carrying CHOKO GEAR, vest in hand and I start trying on the adventurer/ Pro racing jacket.

#1 quality seemed excellent, but the Adventurer was quite heavy compared to what I’m used to and with the vest on it’s just way to much without the removal liner option.

#2 Pro Racing Jacket was also heavy feeling with or without liner. Again excellent quality but for me with vest on way to heavy feeling. If not using a Tekvest I would consider either or.

Then I visit my old dealers booth with all the Klim gear which always has a Klim rep on hand.

For there 2020 line they changed up the insulation again and each jacket has different thinsulate ratings from there revamp 2018 jackets.

#1 keeweena jacket is back to being there most warm jacket with a zip out vest. It’s more FORM fitting ect and for me didn’t fit quite right with vest( rep agreed)

#2 The Kaos Jacket is a basic entry level jacket with bold new graphics, only 160 grams of thinsulate, half the venting options as the other jackets and smaller venting zipper lengths. Half the quality as the old vector jacket and NOT the replacement for the vector jacket as I was told by the rep.

#3 The klimate, less insulation, then the revamped 2018 version which for 2020 now makes the Keeweena there warmest coat. The fit is much more friendly with a vest on and was completely different then the keeweena jacket.

So the Klim rep admitted to me that the 2020 klimate/ 2018 Klimate has the same fit but the 2018 version is warmer. Agreed for my situation to purchase a 2018 version if I could find one. Well I did, it’s coming this week. For me the Klim jackets just feel very light compared to others, and always preformed well in my eyes.

Sorry for the long winded post, maybe this will be helpful to others when considering buying new gear.

everything you stated above does not surprise me at all. These manufactures are always changing things up and most of the time it seems none for the better. Very glad you were able to try them all on and had a rep on hand. Sure beats trying to guess at home on the computer. All I know is I LOVE my Vector. Everything just seems to be right where you need it and the quality is top notch. Unfortunately I have no use for my 3XL yellow one and it should go to a new home. I'll go as low as I can (325.00 shipped) to anyone who is (or knows someone) who might want it. And for a jacket like this you cant beat it.

40 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

everything you stated above does not surprise me at all. These manufactures are always changing things up and most of the time it seems none for the better. Very glad you were able to try them all on and had a rep on hand. Sure beats trying to guess at home on the computer. All I know is I LOVE my Vector. Everything just seems to be right where you need it and the quality is top notch. Unfortunately I have no use for my 3XL yellow one and it should go to a new home. I'll go as low as I can (325.00 shipped) to anyone who is (or knows someone) who might want it. And for a jacket like this you cant beat it.

Thanks Snowmaster, this tekvest thing really threw me for a loop. The vector jacket is my all time favorite. The rep said they just stopped making it with no real explanation.

Ill try to put some feelers out but don’t know to many that wear a 3x.