monts vallins tanksgiving week-end?

Je me souviens

First off don't panic, I am only one guy looking to get info for two people. I am not looking to bring the whole north country with me.

I have been looking at this website for three years now. I love it!

I got interested when I bought a new sled three years ago. I poked around the web for info and ran across doo talk. So I asked about quebec sledding info, someone pointed me in this direction, and I have never looked back since. You guys had so much to say about "les mont-vallins" that I had to see it for myself. We made it for a quick run through on a 4 day 1200 mile saddlebag trip, leaving Bernard's place, up to chicoutimi and back. That was two seasons ago. Last year my sled blew up half way throught the year and I had only made it up to "la belle province" once last year. Now I have a new sled on order, and want to take full advantage of it, and my aloted days off. So my plan is to head up thx giving week end. I want to drive right to the closest place by the mountain. So question one would be...what is close by? I hope you guys will share a little of the aquired knowlegde of the region that can only be aquired by investment in time via trial and error. Or should I say trail and error. Thanks for any, and all, usefull information anyone can supply about this topic.

:drinks:

Mont Vallins is a great place for early season riding.

Last year we stayed at the Auberge 31 right on 93, it's quite a hike up the moutain but well worth it.

The rooms are on the small side but are very clean and warm, resturant, bar, and internet service.

Auberge du Km 31

ZEC Martin-Valin

Lac Jalobert

Monts-Valin (Quebec) Canada

Mailing address:

2488, rang Saint-Pierre

Saguenay (Arr. Chicoutimi)

(Quebec) Canada G7H 5B3

Telephone : (418) 948-0960

Fax : (418) 549-0994

info@aubergedu31.com

If you can't find a place available on the Mount, I would suggest the Holiday Inn in Jonquere, Vallins would be a 45 min ride from there.

Auberge 31

IMG_1703.jpg

Thanks for the info, that was the one place I was actually going to try first, but the email address doesn't seem to be working right now.

Asides from booking the room, the only thing left to do is convince my buddy that it is worth driving there on Thursday night to ride Friday Sat then drive the 7 hours back home on Sunday. If he doesn't want to go, I will need a second rider to make the trip possible. I.E. gas and safety reasons. Hope he sees the light.

Have him wacth the you tube vid on our Myspace page it was taken T-Day 2008

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=198818300

Are you going to be in MTValin this T-Day, or farther northeast? I don't think me and brother will be able to get there any earlier.

Later

Gutz

T-Day 2007???

In any case gets the blood flowin... :good:

T-Day 2007???

T-Day 2007???

Hey guys just a reminder that the club that maintains and grooms the Mont Valin trails, Caribou-Conscrits, had a loss of $50,000 last year due to early/late grooming. Point is they need all the help they can get from purchasing your trail passes from them. For those that don't know, this is the only way they have of of raising money for maintaing and grooming. This year on the Trail Pases there is a break down showing where the $250 goes. The club gets $151 of the $250. Last year, compared to year before, the # of Trail Passes the club sold was down. They had about 2,000 sold last year, roughly $300,000. Remember they groom for roughly 6 months out of the year. I know a lot of you guys do purchase them from me and they really appreciate it. So if you like riding Mont Valin, please help support them. Here is the breakdown of where the $250 goes.

Club 151.76 $

FCMQ 21.00 $

Liability Ins 40.00 $

Club's Liability Ins 15.00 $

Taxes 22.24 $

TOTAL 250.00 $

I for one am very glad to see this info put right on the pass.

I would imagine that all of these items are 10% less for the passes purchased before the Dec 09 deadline.

Bill

T-Day 2007???

T-Day 2007???

T-Day 2007???

Got my blood flowin to much, I think I'm going to have to get the sled out this weekend and help mulch the leaves. LOL

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well for those of you that have replied that they are headed up there for the T-day bash, I would like to offer the other spot on my trailer for anyone in the same position that I am in. Which is as follows: I am nutty enough to want to go there no matter what, but do I really want to drive 6hours plus on my own, not really. So I would like to hear from some fellow QR bloggers.

If you do not want to ride with me, I guess that is understandable. However I would like to at the very least have someone who knows exactly the way they are headed b/c they have been there before, to follow up there. I have never driven my trailer further north than Shawinigan, just past the Safari. So help me out, and let me know when you are leaving, I can leave either Wedensady evening or Thursday morning.

As I said earlier, I have one more spot in the trailer for a fellow QR supporter. It is a 10 foot trailer, so I guess that does limit who can get in it, but either way, I need a partner in crime to make the week end more enjoyable. Let me know what you guys think. My location is 12979 for zip, so you can see where I leave from. Maybe a couple of the NH boys would let me follow they're caravan. I would imagine, that for the most part everyone is planning on crossing the St. Lawrence in Three rivers. So we could at least meet up somewhere along the way. Thanks again. George

PS There is at least 4 inches on the ground in St. Albans this morning. And the hills seem to be well covered across 89, looking towards Sheldon. Yah-HOOO.

We should probably move this over to a turkey-day thread, since it's unrelated to the cave. FYI, you won't be able to get to the Cave or Glacier/waterfall [by sled] in November.

There's a chance I'll be driving up alone with my sled in the back of my truck. Either way, I'll be leaving Thursday morning, from Southern NH. As Gutz said, crossing at 3-rivers isn't good for us southern guys, we take 20 Quebec City, then 73 to 175. I think 20 south of the river or 40 north of the river are both fine up to Quebec city. Then it's 175 across the Saguenay to 172 east, once you get to the lumber yard, take a left into the ZEC for 31 KM's and the Auberge will be on the left. Don't take the Valinouet turn off of 172.