Towing's 2019-2020 season opener photo ride report

towing

Here is a GIANT GIANT cleared area in Amos where truck after truck comes in dumping snow that they plow all over into the bush. Then a guy comes along and rooster tails it with a snowblower 40:ft further into the woods . Pretty cool to see. Found it by accident today looking for a place to unload

8346F145-1303-4AB8-85A9-B0F9B4C6AFFE.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112

The groomer had gone down this trail before the additional 6 inches or so they got a couple days ago

gotta love it  All the locals say it’s been a long long time since they have seen this much snow this early up here. Say they are lucky to get a ride in before Christmas or New Years 

we’ll see what tomorrow brings........

64106F9B-B84E-4A62-A1F6-56D88DB24A71.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112

Beautiful COLD morning in Pikogan this a.m.

todays adventures will take me to Barrute on the 93 trail just groomed late yesterday afternoon 

if memory serves me correct that 35-40 mile stretch is beautiful trail

pictures to follow later today God williing

staying in Pikogan again tonight so I don’t have to bag up all my crap on the sled

i think it’s my new favorite place 

Conditions look amazing.  Sounds like it turning out to be a nice trip (while the rest of us sit home with envy). Have fun.

Also, how's the new sled going? Like it?  I am guessing its a 900 Enduro.

Edited by mikerider

11 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

The groomer had gone down this trail before the additional 6 inches or so they got a couple days ago

gotta love it  All the locals say it’s been a long long time since they have seen this much snow this early up here. Say they are lucky to get a ride in before Christmas or New Years 

we’ll see what tomorrow brings........

64106F9B-B84E-4A62-A1F6-56D88DB24A71.jpeg

What a terrible thing, having these trails all to yourself, wish I was there with you, definitely better than fixing broken cars and putting snow tires on, have a great trip!!

Well.......that groomed trail out of Amos this a.m. SUCKED.......so I turned around after about 10 miles realizing it wasn’t going to get any better. They seem to have this thing around here with certain trails to take the groomer through them without the drag. Think it has something to do with areas that have water holes and bars that are not froze up yet. Guess I understand there thought process but the trail is gonna need another foot and a half of snow now to properly groom.

1809C9F7-8B97-46BA-B287-8D61AFAE8C32.jpeg

So I turned around and headed back towards Amos with the intent of going back north again towards Pikogan on the SAME trail I just came from an hour ago. That’s when it happened BAM.....double fresh groomed heading north. I’m like how the hell did they do this in an hours timeframe. And the second grooming track overlapping is heading south. So I get back to Piko and still double groomed north with no tracks. I get to St Felix still double groomed north. At this point I’m just like who cares.....Go to the depanneur in St Felix to warm up and grab some supplies. 

62D882DB-C3DB-430D-8868-EAEE22E7D470.jpeg

In Pikogan again for the night and my buddy Kenny is going to come pick me up at the hotel and we’re dropping his kid off at hockey practice at an arena in Amos. That ought to be cool to see.

as I’m trying to head to Barrute via Amos this morning I come to the river. I can see a couple tracks made it but since the Skidoo told me yesterday that a guy and his wife went down last week (sled is still at the bottom of the river but they are ok) I decided to take the bridge. It wasn’t bad at all and had ample coverage on the small shoulder.

59025DF6-18D4-4875-9A5A-6C10D3DDCB40.jpeg