Towing's 2019-2020 season opener photo ride report

towing

Staying with my friend Kenny at his uncles camp which is south of the Matagami clubhouse about 15miles. It s only 200 yards or so from the main trail. No services whatsoever there so my posting will be limited from now. You can NOT get north of St Day Monique-de-rosaire because the river is not safe to cross yet. BUT.......it’s doublewide fresh groomed on the other side for approx. 100 miles all the way to Matagamii with NO  tracks or traffic of ANYKIND. In my tenure of life’s snowmobileing I have finally reached (what I consider) the Pinnacle of what it’s “all about” Glad I lived to see it.

kenny, his 17 yr old son and his unable are going to shoot a moose’s in the bush tomorrow near his camp while I go back and forth blowing my brains out. We are going to be partying hard at the camp tonight for sure.

until I can post again..........

22 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Here’s one last pic of me and “Julie” the director at the Rodeway Inn in Pikogan

im thinking of moving here

p.s.  She’s 26

1C82602B-8331-41AF-B333-84D8BE2BF2B0.jpeg

Meanwhile, 500 QuebecRider members arrived at the RodeWay Inn without their sleds. 

Edited by mikerider

Back at the Matagami Relais (seen ALOT of it in the last 24 hours

Here is a Live pic (11:10 a.m.) my new buddy's camp is exactly 8.8 miles south of this Relais and it's 36 miles to Matagami so....45  miles from camp to town. They are going out to try and track that moose down while I'm out blistering away. I sure hope the get it. He said we'll have "moose back straps" for dinner tonight if they do.

Still have not seen one single sled . Weather is PERFECT and the trails...just UNREAL. Wish my buds were here to see it.

I'll give an extra little pinch coming out of the corners for all fellow QR.com members today. Just remember to by me a beer at the clubhouse next time you see me...LOL

BTW...this photo and report all done at the Relais on my cheap 22bucks (American) a month Canadian trac phone. Service works great from this location.

IMG_20191214_110824.jpg

6 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Once again...Live pic from around the corner from Relais 100 yards away facing Matagami

You can see my tracks from yesterday

IMG_20191214_112928.jpg

What a beautiful picture! Do you know if the 93 over to Chapais is open yet?

I think Chapais and Chib area are open but there always seems to be a hold up around Lebel sur Quevillon for some reason probably water related I don’t remember but that area always seems to open a little later than the rest for the connecting section of the 93.

MiOn my way home

At the Classic in Lytton having a great (after noon)  breakfast

Valdor looks to have had about 6-8" last night and closer to a foot around LeDomaine. No sled tracks anywhere up by the domaine where it crosses the 117 a couple tims or here at the Classic where it comes in the parking lot and then crosses the road up the hill.

I had a memorable trip that will be hard to beat if I live to be 100

Mission was accomplished with 502.7 on the new machine

Thanks for following along and hope to see and meet you on the trails.

Or....at the Relais, hotel, gas station, clubhouse, camp, bar, pourvoirie....LOL

3 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

MiOn my way home

At the Classic in Lytton having a great (after noon)  breakfast

Valdor looks to have had about 6-8" last night and closer to a foot around LeDomaine. No sled tracks anywhere up by the domaine where it crosses the 117 a couple tims or here at the Classic where it comes in the parking lot and then crosses the road up the hill.

I had a memorable trip that will be hard to beat if I live to be 100

Mission was accomplished with 502.7 on the new machine

Thanks for following along and hope to see and meet you on the trails.

Or....at the Relais, hotel, gas station, clubhouse, camp, bar, pourvoirie....LOL

They and you were lucky in that area, stayed cold and snowed, no rain, it is looking cold with no real snow in lots of Quebec for the next 8 or 10 days, @%$&(<!!. That area will probably get some heavy traffic early this season, there and Mt. Valin

On 12/14/2019 at 1:04 PM, markusvt said:

We were there last in 2014 ourselves 🙂

March 2013!  Damn, time does fly when you're having fun.  Trailered out and pac-manned most of the area.  Had a memorable tree-hugger experience coming back down from Matagami!

DSC01784.thumb.JPG.443efca075770a3ec5a803fee1b2ff9a.JPG

DSC01856.thumb.JPG.278c813838b040ad00aec0d3776fa680.JPG