Valcourt Grand Prix questions

doo4adoo

So this year I though we would go and take in a day. Never ridden this area. Hoping to do the Museum the day before and races on the Friday.

So the questions are where are some good places to stay in this area and where would one suggest for runs weather it be from a base camp or 2 day loop?

Thanks in advance 

Mike

Most folks stay in Sherbrooke.  If you can, book a tour of the plant.  The museum has been renovated many times and is currently not really worth visiting.  Dress warm for the races as the wind really howls through there!

Edited by markusvt

Hi Mike,

There was a tiny motel across from Bombardier with about 8 rooms.  Very basic.  I don't know if it is still there but it would probably be booked way ahead if it is.

In Richmond, northeast of Valcourt, on trail 35 is Motel LaGare.       https://moteldelagare.ca/      We stayed there a long time ago.  Nothing fancy.  Not a bad ride by sled to Valcourt on 35.  There will be a lot of traffic on the trails during race week though.

Sherbrooke has many hotels.  We had a theft problem there but that was twenty years ago.  I haven't heard anything lately.

The bed and breakfasts or Gites are pretty good if there is one nearby.  The best suggestion is to book early because all the good stuff will get sold out.

You could also contact the tourism for the Eastern Townships.  They would have the inside scoop.

Jack & Sandi