Balbuzard Sauvage

Mid Range

The is the same thing that occurred around the Sudbury region 20 years ago, particularly the west side.  Endless lodges closing so next to nowhere for sledders to stop at.   Unfortunate. 

A few friends ran some of those lodges, and gov. red tape had a part to play.  Just setting up a fuel tank  in the corner of a parking lot to pump gas  had thousands of $ in protective barriers, inspections, etc... all to be used for 2, or 3 months max.... very hard to get your $ return back.   The endless push for safety has no  bounds. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Signfan said:

Most sleds will make the 180 km no problem.

Funny story… remember back on the XS chassis skidoo’s the “burping” of the gas tank to get the last gallon in?  I was in a big yank to get in for dinner at Clova, and did not properly burp the baby… ran out of gas the next morning about 500 yards from the gas pump at Faillon.  Conditions were pretty good on that stretch of TQ83 and the position of my throttle thumb combined with the 7/8 of a tank to start was a bad combination that day.  

Yeah, they never taught us that burpie trick at Yammi school. But there's a course on diplomacy.

The orange light comes on at about 160k. Depending on throttle thumb position.

Indicating it's time to schmooze the spare can from your Doo buddies. If ya got any in the vicinity!

18 hours ago, Signfan said:

Yeah that happened to me as well in the Saguenay area with our XS chassis sled.  Very important to burp them.

In fairness I'd went 260 km since the last pumps.  My other sled made the last 5 km to the gas pumps.  It was the wife's that ran out.  Still hearing about it.

4 hours ago, Signfan said:

.  It was the wife's that ran out.  Still hearing about it.

I bet.  My wife would also be impressed…lol.  If her etech runs out before my sled, then I would definitely be to blame as well.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:42 AM, PLAYHARD said:

"Indicating it's time to schmooze the spare can from your Doo buddies. If ya got any in the vicinity!"

LOL, my buddy always tells me if you need any of my spare gas it's $20 a gallon on the trail. Better than walking!