Bib suggestions for short women

doubler

Anyone have suggestions on good bibs for short women? My wife is 4’ 11.5” (she always makes sure to include the half an inch). I wear and love Klim, but their XS bibs are 29” inseam. Looking for women specific bibs for easy trailside pitstops, LOL. Klim will shorted up to 3” but for $155.

Thought I would let everyone know what I found out about Klim.  Their regular inseam in women's bibs is 29".  They do offer a short version which is 27" however not every size is available in the short length.  For example the bib we want the short can only be gotten starting at medium and my wife is an XS.  So if you're short but not super tiny they might have a bib that works for you.  They also offer a hemming service.  They are able to take off a maximum of 3", so that is what we did to end up with a 26" inseam.  It is expensive though in my opinion: $155.  Luckily my dealer is being gentle on me by discounting the bibs a decent amount to help offset the $155.  Hope this info can help someone else.

image.png.63c4be1a7819101178fdb258774f9621.png

5 minutes ago, doubler said:

Thought I would let everyone know what I found out about Klim.  Their regular inseam in women's bibs is 29".  They do offer a short version which is 27" however not every size is available in the short length.  For example the bib we want the short can only be gotten starting at medium and my wife is an XS.  So if you're short but not super tiny they might have a bib that works for you.  They also offer a hemming service.  They are able to take off a maximum of 3", so that is what we did to end up with a 26" inseam.  It is expensive though in my opinion: $155.  Luckily my dealer is being gentle on me by discounting the bibs a decent amount to help offset the $155.  Hope this info can help someone else.

image.png.63c4be1a7819101178fdb258774f9621.png

Ok... So get the MD Short and 3 cans of Expanding Spray Foam, 5-6 bucks a can. Have the wife stand really still with the new Bibs on and gently.......

LOL

And she'll float if the emergency occurs!

LOL

Later

GutZ

17 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Ok... So get the MD Short and 3 cans of Expanding Spray Foam, 5-6 bucks a can. Have the wife stand really still with the new Bibs on and gently.......

LOL

And she'll float if the emergency occurs!

LOL

Later

GutZ

I knew as soon as I saw GutZ replied to this thread ....it was gonna be a good one.

you never disappoint mon ami 

Don’t buy Diva! My wife had them for 2 days on a trip to the Abitibi and we had to go get her a brand new suit at a Yamaha dealer near Ville Marie. Now it was -40 to -50 every morning and most days were high of -20F  but she was not a new rider. We got her a new Snoforce jacket ( the same one the dealers wife used) and a pair of the Yamaha bibs the heaviest ones they make and she as been using the same gear since like 7 years or so. Not a big fan of the Klim either but do not buy Snow Diva

Doubler ...did you check out Arctic Cat gear. I don’t know what they make for women but I have the same problem with a 29 inseam for myself. They has smaller inseams than Klim and for 180 bucks they are really nice bibs and I’m on season two now with no complaints 

Klim can kiss my ass on there altering fees on top of their already handsomely priced bibs

11 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Doubler ...did you check out Arctic Cat gear. I don’t know what they make for women but I have the same problem with a 29 inseam for myself. They has smaller inseams than Klim and for 180 bucks they are really nice bibs and I’m on season two now with no complaints 

Klim can kiss my ass on there altering fees on top of their already handsomely priced bibs

I did not think to check out the other manufactures bibs.  I did decide to go with the alterations by Klim.  I wear Klim since 2009 and really like their gear, although I see that others are not so thrilled with them.

As a side business, my wife and I have a boat canvas shop.  Other than new canvas, we get a lot of requests for alterations to an existing canvas.  What seems simple to the customer, isn’t quite as simple as it looks in most cases. Besides shortening to the desired length, and re-hemming,   snaps need to be removed and replaced, zippers need to be removed, shortened, replaced.  Velcro, removed, shortened, replaced.  Reinforcements may need to be installed to support the new fastener locations. Since you have Klim bibs, and Klim sports the Gore Tex name,  it will need to adhere to whatever standard Gore Tex imposes on Klim to use their name.  Not that you want to spend more money on an already expensive set of bibs, I’m just letting you know that there is quite a bit more to it than what most people would think.