Northern smack down 2019

snowmaster2112

The “epic ness” continues......I’m just to shot to download all my pics (and the rest of today’s/ tonight’s” craziness right now.

rest assured there is “more to today’s stories/travels” 

i got into Chapais a little later than I expected (actually not I have been polishing off a 6 pack down by my sled and watching the locals and gas station area) and I just ate and laying on the bed. I promise I’ll get up (maybe a little later than usual) and post more AWESOMENESS of the rest of today’s adventures for the inquiring minds.

sleep tight my fellow trail shredders

O.k........I can’t resist before I go to sleepy sleep.

even though 99% of the journey has been “most epic” there have been there pitfalls 

anyome know what it’s like to be at the jailhouse in Mistissini for a “somewhat major” snowmobile  infraction ???

C7DFC19F-FE7D-4A7D-A180-43915C4908AA.jpeg

9 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

even though 99% of the journey has been “most epic” there have been there pitfalls 

anyome know what it’s like to be at the jailhouse in Mistissini for a “somewhat major” snowmobile  infraction ???

No Team IceMan Sticker?

Could get the chair!

GutZ

13 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Speeding were we Chris?

1 hour ago, Andyman said:

Speeding were we Chris?

I my be wrong, but didn't Chris say he was in chapais last nite?

I think he's making us think he's in jail 

But as Andy says, that's a strong possibility.

So the waiting continues..

5 hours ago, MrGutz said:

anyone know what it’s like to be at the jailhouse in Mistassini for a “somewhat major” snowmobile  infraction ???

Anyone know how to say "A private cell por favor" in Quebecois?

Post lat-lon coordinates and bail amount!

2 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Or maybe he tried the wrong beaver 

Sheriff's daughter/wife/sister/mom?!...

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Anyone know how to say "A private cell por favor" in Quebecois?

Post lat-lon coordinates and bail amount!

Sheriff's daughter/wife/sister/mom?!...

Say it ain't the mom

No need to worry about keeping to the right. Must be something weird going on in the area. My buddy had a heart attack on the trail  yesterday. Last text i received from him was  a picture of a straight stretch that said 100mph. Yes he's still alive and apparently in good spirits. They were at the warming hut about 60 miles from Matagami we think and the son was able to stand on his hood and get cell reception and called 911. Ambulance & Police arrived. Apparently there's a hospital in Amos, good to know. I believe he's being shipped by air or ambulance today to either Ottawa or Montreal for surgery. No apparent side effects but he will be disappointed as I'm guessing his season is over. Hope to visit with him in the next day.

So back to the jail & Beavers, I know he'll want to hear the latest as well.

13 minutes ago, smclelan said:

The way things have been going lately with him, I suspect he will come back to tell us he is at the first nation chiefs hunting lodge eating moose steak and drinking wine at a community celebration on his behalf!!!  LOL

I suspect he IS the new Chief of the First Nation.

Hahaha. Saw that years ago but didn't have enough memory or genius in me to remember it or find it.

......it is sure fitting...maybe. Hopefully all it is was is a good night of beaver trappin.

In any event...we do need pictures. 😉   

Ha....ha....ha...I knew you guys were all thinking I was in jail or in big trouble....

i didn’t do it on purpose but was beat last night and was gonna post this morning.....

but the epic ness continued right out of the gates this a.m. and I didn’t have time before we left.

so.....I will start with where we left off yesterday. This’s is my new Policeman friend in Mistissini....Bruce Wapachee.

he was at the end of the road where the trail leaves town assisting a tow truck operator getting some guys car out of the ditch.

we chatted for quite a bit and he’s at real cool dude. 27 yrs old and 1 of about 10 on the Mistissinni Police force. He grew up there.

03D6DDD7-B610-46FE-BDF5-808FC3ABD7D8.jpeg