Northern smack down 2019

snowmaster2112

Francois and I chat for about 20 minutes 

a fine Native young chap

i tell him about my 20 yrs of Quebec motoneige adventures and he tells me he is still schooling and working a job with the Cree Nation

i ask him about people going up this lake (over 100 miles) on a snowmobile and he says “ yeah but not usually till the end of February/ March timeframe when the weather is better. Tells me there are bush trails but not broken in yet at this time of year. I ask him “ how far have you been up it” he says.....about the halfway point. His uncle has a camp there. How many guys does it sleep? He says....4-5

i ask him do you think your uncle would take me and another friend (all pre planned, weather permitting) sometime in March up there for the night....right up the middle of the lake. I tell him ....”we will pay a guide and lodging fee” 

he says “my uncle would love that”

i get all his contact info and said.......”you’ll he from me again mon ami”

before we split I ask Francois .....” hey ....now that I’m a local...where is somewhere else to eat in this town other than the Auberge ?

he says see the bridge (you have to cross over this to get in town) 2nd street , hang a right 

Adele”s is the place

394C3028-B4E4-4918-99E9-1DAEDD301C6F.jpeg

2 hours ago, mikerider said:

You have done the most magnificent job of giving us a feel for the area, places and people of the area.  Nice job! And thank you for posting.

mike

I'll second that !!

Back safe in Chapais

here was the Ouje about a half hour ago

started snowing pretty good about halfway between Chibougamau/Chapais 

other than that I had a perfect weather day

still snowing/blowing pretty good here

leaving at 6::30 a.m. on a mad dash to Desmairsville and back to the truck 225mi.

1EBE2E88-49D0-4035-90C9-FB240929593E.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112

3 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Back safe in Chapais

here was the Ouje about a half hour ago

started snowing pretty good about halfway between Chibougamau/Chapais 

other than that I had a perfect weather day

still snowing/blowing pretty good here

leaving at 6::30 a.m. on a mad dash to Desmairsville and back to the truck 225mi.

1EBE2E88-49D0-4035-90C9-FB240929593E.jpeg

Great reporting, thanks for this. We will be sure to plan a trip in this area soon.

Here are some bonus trail pics heading back to Chibougamau from Mistissinni late this afternoon 

one should take note there are ZERO signs on this trail other than curves/trwisties ones. No kilometer to Mistissini or anything.

there are ZERO structures or places to take refuge.NOTHING

omce you get to the big vast open burnt areas you are about 8-10 miles out from town

037BCF7A-77AC-4196-8452-DB1873654D08.jpeg

I thought I could see some small light in there so I opened the door to see 4 candles burning in there

so I took the time to knee at the alter (been a long time since I had a good prayer) and thanked God for everything in my life. Family, friends, health and of course thanked him for the 20 yrs he has gifted me with the ability to come to Quebec doing what I love.  I also asked him if he could give me 20 more....LOL

E309B1C7-60D4-4161-9C42-DF31044C557E.jpeg

So......I’m blasting out of Chapais early a.m. to bomb the 225 mi. Back to truck. 

Is 1525 miles before January 1st good ??      LOL....LOL...

i leave you with more calendar pics from the depanneur in Chibougamau that I forget to post the other day. Now do you see why I want to buy a house and live in Alma ?

where is you want to go live ?

p.s. Markusvt could you please.....TIA

E012D3BC-BCF4-4B5F-8BA9-4C1B8077E6F7.jpeg