Northern smack down 2019

snowmaster2112

On 12/28/2019 at 9:22 AM, quebec bob said:

Looks a lot like the rooms at relay 22!!

Relais 22 is not even in the same league as Hotel Opemiska. Far and away 100 times nicer accommodations 

NOT bashing the 22 as it “is what it is ....and where it is” love the place and always will

On 12/29/2019 at 4:16 PM, doo4adoo said:

Say it ain't the mom

No need to worry about keeping to the right. Must be something weird going on in the area. My buddy had a heart attack on the trail  yesterday. Last text i received from him was  a picture of a straight stretch that said 100mph. Yes he's still alive and apparently in good spirits. They were at the warming hut about 60 miles from Matagami we think and the son was able to stand on his hood and get cell reception and called 911. Ambulance & Police arrived. Apparently there's a hospital in Amos, good to know. I believe he's being shipped by air or ambulance today to either Ottawa or Montreal for surgery. No apparent side effects but he will be disappointed as I'm guessing his season is over. Hope to visit with him in the next day.

So back to the jail & Beavers, I know he'll want to hear the latest as well.

Is your friend doing o.k. ?????

so,so glad he got quick help for being in such a remote area

10 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Is your friend doing o.k. ?????

so,so glad he got quick help for being in such a remote area

I’m going to see him today. Between the bureaucracy and weather he only got transferred in over night. From what I gather he needs a stint? More to follow. 

Thank you 

On 12/28/2019 at 1:53 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

I left Chapais much earlier this morning at exactly 7 a.m. (still dark) got to Chibougamau area and decided to loop around the long trail that loops around the west side of town. At exactly 8:29 this happened. Now I knew I was only a couple miles from the middle of town and it’s a Saturday so shouldn’t be much of a problem. I’m fully blaming this on fellow QR member doo4adoo as he told me yesterday to “stay right” so surely it’s all his fault. At exactly 8:31 I’m standing on the trail (helmet and jacket off lighting a smoke) thinking how could you possibly have done this and what a PITA (and time consuming) getting this boat anchor back on the trail is gonna be.

422EC0C5-9141-4EF6-AABF-1DB44DB494CC.jpeg

Hey man what happens with you. You will need a 20" widetrack lol. 

17 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Relais 22 is not even in the same league as Hotel Opemiska. Far and away 100 times nicer accommodations 

NOT bashing the 22 as it “is what it is ....and where it is” love the place and always will

We pulled into relay 22 one Friday night at 6:30 and 42 below, I can assure you we got the last room and it felt as good as that one looks!!

On 12/29/2019 at 4:13 PM, smclelan said:

The way things have been going lately with him, I suspect he will come back to tell us he is at the first nation chiefs hunting lodge eating moose steak and drinking wine at a community celebration on his behalf!!!  LOL

Steve, that is some funny stuff there.

On 12/30/2019 at 7:54 AM, snowmaster2112 said:

So in summary we only road about 45 miles yesterday but it was 45 I will never forget till the day I die.

i had a BLAST and these particular Québécois are some of the finest you could ever meet. The whole experience was icing on the cake to all the epic ness I have had in the last 4 days. We all went to the Chapais clubhouse from the camp and had some fine Canadian cuisine.

getting a late start today again (these reporting/posting duties sure take up a lot of valuable riding time) ...LOL

im thinking I’m going to Mistissini again today. Why not? It will be my 3rd (140-150 mile round trip) up there. I might go play some hockey in the streets with the kids. 

Staying at the Opemiska one last night tonight as this shit storm passes the lower areas of Quebec. Tomorrow heading out EARLY and blasting 225 miles back to Auberge Timblemont. Should have some nice “cream cheese “ on top for the ride back.

Snow master, you have already had a better season than most and it has not even started yet, thanks for all your reports, really great, happy trails, Bob.

I'm on my way home right now. The " most epic" thing that happened to me on this trip and (where I spent  new yeas Eve) came  out of the blue at 2 pm yesterday. You guys really aren't gonna believe this one but I have pics for proof. I will do full and final report tomorrow. Coming into Manawaki now. Yesterday I pushed about 7~8 inches of fresh virgin cream cheese fro chapais into Desmairsville. Tabernak what a run.

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

" most epic"  (where I spent  new yeas Eve) came  out of the blue at 2 pm yesterday. You guys really aren't gonna believe this one but I have pics for proof

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

I had moose and Budweiser for New year's Eve dinner

They were shooting the pics for the new calendar spread and the oil-boy called in sick?!?

Two hints from Snowmaster:  Moose and Budweiser

On page #1 Snowmaster showed a pic of himself at the store in Desmairville holding a pack of Bud  . He saw the Cree's cooking moose meat in Mistissini. And, he usually posts each day from Mistissini about 2 pm each day after his lunch. He says this yet announced epic adventure developed at 2 pm (his lunch time in Mistissini).

It must have been a night of revelry from someone he previously met in Mistissini the past few days:    The young police officer, the Auberge owner, the cook at the Community center, Adele from Adle's Restaurant, The Boondocker, The camp owners shoveling the roof.

So he like's Adele's Restaurant a lot. He is there eating lunch and which of the above suspects would be most apt to stop at Adele's at that hour. Of course, duh? The police officer.

After his shift, the officer and SnowMaster partied it up at the Community Center, drinking Bud and eating moose. Too late to ride home, the next morning, off duty, the officer gives him and his sled a ride back to Chapais.

37 minutes ago, mikerider said:

On page #1 Snowmaster showed a pic of himself at the store in Desmairville holding a pack of Bud  . He saw the Cree's cooking moose meat in Mistissini. And, he usually posts each day from Mistissini about 2 pm each day after his lunch. He says this yet announced epic adventure developed at 2 pm (his lunch time in Mistissini).

It must have been a night of revelry from someone he previously met in Mistissini the past few days:    The young police officer, the Auberge owner, the cook at the Community center, Adele from Adle's Restaurant, The Boondocker, The camp owners shoveling the roof.

So he like's Adele's Restaurant a lot. He is there eating lunch and which of the above suspects would be most apt to stop at Adele's at that hour. Of course, duh? The police officer.

After his shift, the officer and SnowMaster partied it up at the Community Center, drinking Bud and eating moose. Too late to ride home, the next morning, off duty, the officer gives him and his sled a ride back to Chapais.

Obviously you can retire from the day to day workforce but apparently the detective is still working!! LOL

Thsts

26 minutes ago, mikerider said:

That's all good presumable stuff Mike but I said I was leaving chapais yesterday morning for the truck 225 miles south at Auberge Trimblmont. I had to pass by and stop in Desmairsville which I did. I would then had to travel thru Lebel-Sur-Quevillion and Sennetere.

Next hint......I never made it to Lebel-Sur