Help needed on 386 north of Swisha

largedaryl

From the Pingouins Club  FB page.   There is ice damage with many hanging trees to clear.  From what I see the groomer has been through once.. but I assume there is a real mess to clean up.  I am still tied up marking my own trails around Ottawa west as the call for volunteers has not filled all the holes yet. 

For those that are depressed with the lack of snow, this is a great way to get outside and burn off the Christmas turkey. 

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will need the help of volunteers to assist with the cleanup in Rapides des Joachims (Swisha) next weekend (December 28 / 29). Crew will meet in Swisha @ 8AM. There is overnight lodging available at Moose Territory Lodge (100km above Siwsha). You will need to bring sleeping bags and food if you wish to stay overnight.

Text Brian Dubeau at 613-639-5043 for more information.

Please let us know if you can help

Thank you in advance...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they must have had some success as the 386 from Swisha north is marked as Open/Fair today.  Volunteers are starting on the 43 from Temiscaming today heading east towards Swisha... another 100 mile stretch of various logging roads to tackle.  A few more years before my kids are older and I have the freedom to get out on just jobs.  For now I am relegated to smaller trail jobs closer to home.