GPS

ct rider

There are many options, I use the Garmin 2797, it's a 7 inch screen and works well enough. TrakMaps and the free ones.

It uses the same mounts as a DEZL. 

Like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-nuvi-2797LMT-GPS-padded-no-suction-cup-lifetime-maps/283723675399?hash=item420f3fb707:g:hnsAAOSwqx1c7CWg

Mount

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-GA70LU

Actually it's a 2757,:

8Yg==&checksum=303252698209d5da5fe31b8e4

Just a suggestion.

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

How do you download “TRAK MAPS” , what is initial cost, and how often are updates required? I’m looking for something, but not sure what. I ride in Quebec all winter. I’m a little computer savvy, but mostly dumb. Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

SNAPPY HANK

They cost 50-100 a year, like a subscription (multiple updates a year as needed), the have an app that locks the GPS serial to the subscription, great support when I needed it, and a site supporter, also today they offer a bunch off today (boxing day)

The Free ones are good but I've had issues loading them.

Later

GutZ

I have been using the free one from the Quebec guys for a few years but this year I have gone to Trak maps for both Quebec and the Maritimes. Main reason is that I found that the free maps had quite a few errors and cost us valuable time trying to find the real trail vs what we could see on the free version. I find the Trak maps have the latest data from the FCMQ and as Gutz says excellent customer support. Nik is their support guy and he responds very quickly with an accurate answer to your question or problem.

Agree.  I use the Garmin Montana that I bought used from a guy on this forum with Trak Maps.  Trak Maps works great.  You do not need to be a computer Wiz to download the maps to your PC/Mac and install them into your GPS.  The subscription to the map/s of your choice often have a sale going that will save you about $20.  You can also download any map updates for a year.  Just check the change log to see if there are any from time to time.  If you think about it, and buy a map about this timeframe,  you can download a new update a year later and you’d get two years out of it.  

5 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Been loving the Montana 650 with Trakmaps for many years now. But 7" sounds sexi. Is it weather-proof?

Not really.... (I put tape over the ports and silicone around the jack)

But I buy them used for about 125.00, and abuse the crap out of them.

So when you compare it to the 4 inch screen on the Doos, at 900+ ....

BUT I like the Click in one from Doo for the convience and direct power.

GutZ

2 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Not really.... (I put tape over the ports and silicone around the jack)

But I buy them used for about 125.00, and abuse the crap out of them.

So when you compare it to the 4 inch screen on the Doos, at 900+ ....

BUT I like the Click in one from Doo for the convience and direct power.

GutZ

I don't believe you abuse the crap out of anything.......😀

On 12/26/2019 at 1:27 PM, ct rider said:

I have not ben riding for the last 2 years just wondering what is the latest and where is the best place to purchase one.

The below site may have some turnkey solutions. Also check the gps section of Dootalk.com. 

https://www.shopsledgps.com/gps-kits