Trail 43 East of Mont Tremblant to St. Donat

sledzz

Trying to plan a route and part of it is from Mont Tremblant to St. Donat. It seems there is a short gap in the trail east of Mont Tremblant on trail 43. Interactive map wants to take me way south, east, then back up north to St.Donat rather than directly across 43. Does anyone know what the issue is or if it is temporary?

Thank you for any info provided.

Sledzz

Edited by sledzz

14 minutes ago, mcstar said:

Been closed for years now. it was supposed to be rerouted this year but got shut down again. 

What a gong show there, huh?  Well executed. Not. Unreal.

I imagine they will get it sorted out one of these seasons but a brand new trail sits idler due to residents complains. Are you basing out of Tremblant or what? To ways to st Donat from Tremblant is the 317 dropping down to the 3 or going north On the 232 and then the 63. Big pain in the butt.

Been to Tremblant many times touring. Enjoy cabbing in to the resort for dinner. Without that trail its a poor base. We would usually hit Tremblant on the way back to trucks at Lac Carling. Short ride then hit the highway. If that trail ever opens up there are several new lodging places I would love to take the family. 

Any body got current photos of the "trail" now that there may be some snow?

10 hours ago, actionjack said:

Been to Tremblant many times touring. Enjoy cabbing in to the resort for dinner. Without that trail its a poor base. We would usually hit Tremblant on the way back to trucks at Lac Carling. Short ride then hit the highway. If that trail ever opens up there are several new lodging places I would love to take the family. 

Any body got current photos of the "trail" now that there may be some snow?

There is not much snow around here, had several bouts of snow then a warm up so there may be a couple of inches on the trail at the most. No trails open around here for the moment. Here is a pic from one of the many articles about the complaints.

78F083EE-7EBB-48B0-B0A8-03F07D02CB3D.jp2

2 hours ago, Cnc said:

There is not much snow around here, had several bouts of snow then a warm up so there may be a couple of inches on the trail at the most. No trails open around here for the moment. Here is a pic from one of the many articles about the complaints.

78F083EE-7EBB-48B0-B0A8-03F07D02CB3D.jp2 128.25 kB · 20 downloads

Thanks CNC.

Is that actually the complainant?

There are very few properties that fit the criteria of being so close (<20m?). Seems impossible that a snowmobile would be louder than any of the transport trucks going by. 

7 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Never been.

Heard it's nice.

Need to get there.

Launching from Trois Rivieres. 

We can vouch for this resort.  It's luxurious and affordable, and they treat sledders like royalty.  Moreover, the nearby Hotel du Chasseur is a great little spot to pop into for a pint and a poutine, wings or any other pub grub that suits your fancy.

41 minutes ago, actionjack said:

Thanks CNC.

There are very few properties that fit the criteria of being so close (<20m?). Seems impossible that a snowmobile would be louder than any of the transport trucks going by. 

Just for laughs, think of it like this.... Yellowstone Park, All summer ,huge motor homes and SUVs all running AC cranked up to Freezing, lumber through the park, but we need to limit winter travel by snowmobiles to tours and managed groups.

A lot in this world will never make sense.

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

4 hours ago, actionjack said:

Thanks CNC.

Here is the article in full. I take a lot of what one women says in it as embellishment, but that is just my opinion.

https://m.en24.news/a/2019/12/snowmobile-bypass-project-turns-into-fiasco.html

4 hours ago, Gullyrider said:

We can vouch for this resort.  It's luxurious and affordable, and they treat sledders like royalty.  Moreover, the nearby Hotel du Chasseur is a great little spot to pop into for a pint and a poutine, wings or any other pub grub that suits your fancy.

Yes Lac Carling Strikes me as a great place to launch from. It is 90 min from my place by trail and I have been there a few times for their buffet brunch. Hotel Chasseur is a regular lunch stop for us too. They sell gas out of a big tank in a shed cash only I believe. Check snow conditions first, right now the whole area is waiting on snow to get grooming and open trails.

1 minute ago, Cnc said:

Yes Lac Carling Strikes me as a great place to launch from. It is 90 min from my place by trail and I have been there a few times for their buffet brunch. Hotel Chasseur is a regular lunch stop for us too. They sell gas out of a big tank in a shed cash only I believe. Check snow conditions first, right now the whole area is waiting on snow to get grooming and open trails.

Lac Carling was nice enough and dinner was good.

The maintenance guys were nice enough and got us some fuel since we rolled in on fumes!

I assume they have a place for trailers, but we did not see any.

GutZ

13 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

Lac Carling was nice enough and dinner was good.

The maintenance guys were nice enough and got us some fuel since we rolled in on fumes!

I assume they have a place for trailers, but we did not see any.

GutZ

I am guessing you would have to inquire about trailer parking. The main outside parking is behind the hotel and would be a likely spot along one side. This place has only recently reopened a few years back after being closed for a while and I know they were anxious to accommodate the snowmobilers and attract their business. They were a sponsor on here, not sure if they still are. Maybe you were the guys that solicited them to sponsor?

Edited by Cnc

We started two years in a row at Lac Carling after we lost our rigs. Great place. Been meaning to go back in summer and play golf. Tough spot for them for snow at times but the rooms are huge the price is good, we had great dinner there both times. And good buffet breakfast to kick off the tour. Beat of all, look at that beautiful trailer still parked there when we rounded the last corner  

And yes the Chasseur is a fun little place. We got our passes there. 

1 hour ago, Gullyrider said:

We drove up the hill immediately past the main entrance to the building and there was a decent sized lot up top.  We had three pickup's with trailers and there was lots of room for them.

We unloaded up the hill there and they them let us leave the trailer in the camera view. They have underground parking as well but its tight and out of the question if your ride is lifted or on oversized tires.