2019-2020 Shawinigan Snow Reports

iceman

27 December 

-3c with freezing drizzle right now.

not alot to be excited about yet. Maybe 5” of snow on the ground. It’s white and surely more encouraging than looking at the grass. We need a major storm or two to kick things into gear.

River St Mauricie not safe at all yet. Way too early for me to trust the Ice anywhere yet. Sure it might be fine, but it will be surely better in a few weeks. 

Showing snow for Tuesday but only time will tell. 

When it is time it will be time. Good things come to those who wait. 

Or we can all drive to Abitibi. No?

29 December 

keeping the fingers and toes crossed for some real snow tomorrow and Tuesday. 

Bring it!

That will make for a very Happy New Year. 

30 December 

-4c

snow started about an hour ago or so. So far so go is windy and blowing around. 

We will take all we can get. If it really ends up 20cm by tomorrow night that will be fantastic. Things will start to move here. We shall see.

1 hour ago, iceman said:

30 December 

solid 4” still snowing nicely. 

Its a beautiful sight.

That’s good news Don, weather bon homme said 20-25 for our area, we got rain all morning then drizzle in the afternoon, some accumulation but mostly ice pellets.

Edited by Trailblazer

1 January 

-2c  that’s a wrap on this storm, very nice dump. Let’s keep em coming.

nice feeling knowing I will not be in the big rig all night for the next few days trucking it away. 

#nodeneigementforme

D4E11847-A37C-4199-A3F3-A0EB23125B35.thumb.jpeg.b5c2d8e1c6e2f023b061ce4648ed8ad2.jpeg

3 January

3c 

not liking this warm weather

need about another foot of snow to really make club get going here. Need cold or trail will be mush.

Club says Rivere St Maurice is solid however no trails open and still a few water holes open on river so they will not put sticks until holes freeze up and they open trails. Problem is that on river not everyone stays between sticks and they can find themselves in the water. 

9 January 

-16c

nice and cold today just how Iceman likes it. 

Light snow on and off yesterday maybe 1.5” or so.

this next system Saturday and Sunday will be interesting. Let’s hope for all snow.

No doubt some areas will get alot of snow from this storm coming. I saw somewhere I think was Relais Chapelle FB they say 50cm up there. But on the mountain is not like real life. Is another world. 

If it continues raining ever other week and not dumping copious amounts of neige and staying cold. 

I am seriously considering selling the sleds. I’ll be heading to Iran on a Ukrainian jetliner for the winter, what could go wrong. 

14 hours ago, iceman said:

No doubt some areas will get alot of snow from this storm coming. I saw somewhere I think was Relais Chapelle FB they say 50cm up there. But on the mountain is not like real life. Is another world. 

If it continues raining ever other week and not dumping copious amounts of neige and staying cold. 

I am seriously considering selling the sleds. I’ll be heading to Iran on a Ukrainian jetliner for the winter, what could go wrong. 

YA, I bought 2 new sleds this year and was ready in early November for what was looking like an incredible start, I hope this next week piles up the white stuff and we will be good to go for the rest of the season, the rain is discouraging.

4 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Weather channel is showing 8-12 Saturday night and 3-5 on Sunday for Shawinigan. Those guys are never wrong😲

We shall see.

sitting at 0c now No snow or rain all day so far. 

2 hours ago, iceman said:

11 January 

3c    RAIN 

Soaking rain now, if I was looking to grow tomatoes would be great.

saying it changes to snow and ice tonight and thru tomorrow. That would be swell.

@#$%^&!!

30 minutes ago, mcstar said:

66 degrees F here in central  New Jersey right now .

yep, 64 degrees here in the bershires of mass. BUT IT IS SNOWING ON THE GASPIE AND WILL SOON BE IN MUCH OF OUR FAVORITE Quebec TOWNS!!