Quebec 5 day trip recommendations for Jan 06

2018RENAGADEXRS850

We are currently looking for some recommendations in PQ for a 5 day trip with 4 riders. We are planning on leaving from north of the GTA on January 06th and returning on Friday Jan 10th. We have done Gaspe Bay, St Zenon and Mont Laurier north up to Meekos, Rabaska, Devils mountain, etc. Due to proximity we were thinking of doing the Mont Laurier area again? Do you think the conditions in this area will be favourable or does anyone have any other recommendations?

TY in advance. Happy and Safe New Year to All.

Mt Laurier and surrounding, you might want to check grooming on I motoneige in the next few days. From Montreal north past Mt Tremblant, all this area had little to no snow on the ground and no trails open up until this point. We did ( Tremblant ) get a good dumping yesterday and it is still snowing today, is it enough to get the trails going?, I am hoping / thinking so. Not sure about mt Laurier but I suspect they were light on snow too and I also suspect this storm dumped less snow further north but not sure at this point.

Edited by Cnc

Things may change over the next few days, but if I were making the call right now, it would be the Abitibi area.  Most trails are open and in good shape according to Sledmagazine.com.  As suggested by Snowmaster, Rouyn-Noranda.  It is about the same drive time from Toronto as it would be to Mont Laurier.  By far and away the areas with the most trails open are Abitibi and Saguenay.  
https://sledmagazine.com/actions/showConditionsSentier?request_locale=en

http://fcmq.viaexplora.com/#map

3 hours ago, markusvt said:

How far are you willing to drive in the truck, and how many mile do you like to do in a day?

We would be willing to drive 8-9 hours for good conditions. We have stayed at the Forestel in Val Dor in the past and enjoyed it but we would like to stay at a lodge similar to Rabaska or Meekoos. Any accommodation recommendations in the Abitbi region?

Ty again for all this information.

Thanks again for your help here. We are going to start In Ville Marie to Val d'Or then to Lac Faillion then to Rouyn-Noranda the back to Ville Marie and trailer home the next day. Any suggestions to this trip would be are appreciated. Its a little lite mileage wise but be have a new guy in our group that just bought a sled and its his first year joining our group.

Ty