Season opener

Trailblazer

Season opener yesterday afternoon, decided last minute to give the North a try. IMotoneige showed trails were groomed starting from St. Gabriel de Brandon so off we went with the intentions to go to Cabanon and return. 
Buddy and I had a mixed bag day, beat up shit right out of the gate moguls after moguls so I give her some shit  30 k later my wrists are boiling and the windshield had popped and lost 2 grommets. Didn’t think it was that rough. 
Found some nice wide fluffy trails then we got stirred around. Leaving Koubec heading north to catch the trail heading east we see what looks like but not groomed just beat’n down with sled tracks. So we give it a go then another fork again just beat’n pathes and before ya know it after a few forks we’re on google earth google maps and imotoneige, oh did I mention I left my gps at home!!!! Buddy had his but only skidoo trail map in it. So we cross referenced on a few occasions ran some roads to reconnect some trails then 15 k outside of St. Gabriel at 6 pm in darkness we lost it all together and gave in to the road, did the Roadrunner thing. 

Despite all the adventures we managed to log in 150 k for the afternoon and all though the Extreme doesn’t handle like a sports car like the 137 Sidewinder in the twisties it’s more of a muscle car when the trail widens up.

1EEEC017-7106-429C-B978-CFA627E72FD0.jpeg

BBAA1CB8-F2D3-4C45-ADB5-2967FC17DB0A.jpeg

2C27C251-8D5F-4432-B180-16F5C2DE3BD2.jpeg

Love the new sled JG. Best of luck with her. 

Is still too early to ride down south yet. Barely enough near St Zenon./St Michael, Yes is open but good and bad. Still need more snow. 

Surely I am ready to ride but it’s all about the quality of trail. Just not up to my standards yet anywhere near home home. Not going to beat my brains out or my sled just to go “riding” 

North near Repos and further up Kanawata Parent etc. is a different story. From La Tuque north also. Decent for January 2. Still early.

2 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Season opener yesterday afternoon, decided last minute to give the North a try. IMotoneige showed trails were groomed starting from St. Gabriel de Brandon so off we went with the intentions to go to Cabanon and return. 
Buddy and I had a mixed bag day, beat up shit right out of the gate moguls after moguls so I give her some shit  30 k later my wrists are boiling and the windshield had popped and lost 2 grommets. Didn’t think it was that rough. 
Found some nice wide fluffy trails then we got stirred around. Leaving Koubec heading north to catch the trail heading east we see what looks like but not groomed just beat’n down with sled tracks. So we give it a go then another fork again just beat’n pathes and before ya know it after a few forks we’re on google earth google maps and imotoneige, oh did I mention I left my gps at home!!!! Buddy had his but only skidoo trail map in it. So we cross referenced on a few occasions ran some roads to reconnect some trails then 15 k outside of St. Gabriel at 6 pm in darkness we lost it all together and gave in to the road, did the Roadrunner thing. 

Despite all the adventures we managed to log in 150 k for the afternoon and all though the Extreme doesn’t handle like a sports car like the 137 Sidewinder in the twisties it’s more of a muscle car when the trail widens up.

1EEEC017-7106-429C-B978-CFA627E72FD0.jpeg

BBAA1CB8-F2D3-4C45-ADB5-2967FC17DB0A.jpeg

2C27C251-8D5F-4432-B180-16F5C2DE3BD2.jpeg

Good for you getting some mileage up there. Honestly wish I’ve known your plans and would have told you to stay out of that lower part. Some great riding north of dam 

was up there 26/31

issshhhh, you had not got an easy one!  Before the last 10 inches just fallen it was very low snow from St-Gabriel, I would bet that with cold and few grooming pass it will be alot better but it is so mild actually that it would not hold anyway...

Your new ride is handsome! wish you many miles and smiles with her! you already got the shake test done!

I have not ride since the beginning of december, I may give it a try this weekend but you confirm me I will need to go norther...

1 hour ago, towing said:

issshhhh, you had not got an easy one!  Before the last 10 inches just fallen it was very low snow from St-Gabriel, I would bet that with cold and few grooming pass it will be alot better but it is so mild actually that it would not hold anyway...

Your new ride is handsome! wish you many miles and smiles with her! you already got the shake test done!

I have not ride since the beginning of december, I may give it a try this weekend but you confirm me I will need to go norther...

Yes Alain more north is the better option, Riviere Mattawin or La Tuque. I heard from a guy in the trail north of the dam and the 360 is in good shape, your favourite.