Groomers Movibg today

Signfan

Yes, we are fortunate to have QC nearby, as mother nature is not being kind to Ontario and south. 

Then on the funding front,  QC drop $3 million on the one single project, a new trail near Tremblant to connect two sections( that is now held up by politics ), meanwhile Ontario in Sept. 2019 offers $500K a year,  in a on-going funding agreement to share across the whole freaking province.  Ontario sledders are getting screwed IMO.    The same press release stated sledding generates up to $3.3 Billion/year in ON.   My math says the govie is giving back 1.5%  .... what tax is %1.5?   Sledders buy gas and booze... both  taxed closer to what 20/30/40%  and we get 1.5% back!     I can't be happy with that deal. 

Just got in from cutting local trails... nothing open so I keep brushing trails to get outside... makes the evening pints taste better with football. 

Pics are of one of our local swamps west of Ottawa that I just spent some time in... now in prime shape as we have the cattails all dealt with to let the frost in .. trail "BEAST 206" 

- large 

No_Cattails.jpg

JamesWork_AshtonSwamp.jpg

Might even been worse than 0.15%   ( 0.015% )  ... I missed the "to the exponent of -4"  at the right the calculator... but ya, it simply further solidifies my argument the the  ON gov is giving next to nothing back to  support sledding.. $500K is a joke compared to the $ spent/taxed in the industry.  I believe $3.3B was on the high end of the est., but never the less the % is extremely small regardless. 

Again... thankful we have the quebec option

1 hour ago, largedaryl said:

Yes, we are fortunate to have QC nearby, as mother nature is not being kind to Ontario and south. 

Then on the funding front,  QC drop $3 million on the one single project, a new trail near Tremblant to connect two sections( that is now held up by politics ), meanwhile Ontario in Sept. 2019 offers $500K a year,  in a on-going funding agreement to share across the whole freaking province.  Ontario sledders are getting screwed IMO.    The same press release stated sledding generates up to $3.3 Billion/year in ON.   My math says the govie is giving back 1.5%  .... what tax is %1.5?   Sledders buy gas and booze... both  taxed closer to what 20/30/40%  and we get 1.5% back!     I can't be happy with that deal. 

Just got in from cutting local trails... nothing open so I keep brushing trails to get outside... makes the evening pints taste better with football. 

Pics are of one of our local swamps west of Ottawa that I just spent some time in... now in prime shape as we have the cattails all dealt with to let the frost in .. trail "BEAST 206" 

- large 

No_Cattails.jpg

JamesWork_AshtonSwamp.jpg

Perhaps you could discuss this with an Ontario member of parliament, Don’t forget to mention that we pay double the price in Quebec that Ontario sledders do. Sorry couldn’t resist!😁😁😁😁

Ontario

The price of the Seasonal Trail Permit is $270.00 (+$7.50 processing fee), but if purchased on or before December 1st, pay only $220.00 (+$7.50 processing fee). Buy early on or before November 1st., and pay only $190.00(+$7.50 processing fee).

Ontario annual snowmobile registration = $33

Quebec 

330 $ for an annual trail permit purchased on or before December 9, 2019

• 410 $ for an annual trail permit purchased after December 9, 2019
  • 640 $ for an annual trail permit sold on trail*
  • 250 $ for an annual trail permit for antique snowmobiles (2000 and older)
  • 220 $ for a 7-day trail permit
  • 135 $ for a 3-day trail permit
  • 65 $ for a 1-day trail permit
  • 580 $ for an annual trail permit for a rental snowmobile
  • Quebec annual snowmobile registration = $94.60

30 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Ditto !!!

and......you guys just re-elected "Justin"........

Snowmaster you can exclude this Canadian from the “you guys” that re-elected Justin. 

We are all fortunate the great trails are in Quebec. I’m surprised Justin and his merry  crew haven’t suggested sledding is to be banded in the near future due to the evil fossil fuel burning sport it is. 

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Ditto !!!

and......you guys just re-elected "Justin"........

The real problem with the recent election was there was no “none of the above box “ stuck between a rock and a hard place.😁