2020 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions

mikerider

Another season starts and hopefully anyone in the Bas St. Laurent area can help others be up to date on the conditions of the trails. This is especially important after an impact weather event for those deciding whether to still make their trip to the area. 

All of us are always happy to see your pictures, read about your rides, hear about great dining, and most importantly meet new snowmobile friends.

Let the season begin.

mike

Edited by mikerider

I see the groomers have been on the move and covered about 80% of the area trails in the past couple days.

Another important way of finding trail conditions can be found on Sledmagazine.com. They recently changed their format. Trail conditions are now found under 'Services and Tourism'. After clicking on Services and Tourism, choose the region, and scroll down towards the bottom of the page. This will show trail conditions in green, yellow, and red posted by every club in the region and is updated every three or so days.

I tentatively hope to arrive in RDL this Sunday, January 12th for a two week stay, as long as trails are in full winter dress and the forecast looks promising.

The first contest of the RDL season is worth a beer or wine on me. Just be the first to post a 2020 picture taken at the Isle Verti club house at the intersection of Trails #5 & #567. The picture must show you and the older lady that runs the clubhouse, it must be a posed picture, not one where she is unaware of what is happening.  I am assuming she will be there for another year.  She is an Icon of this club, a most wonderful cook,  with a huge sense of humor.  I had a near death experience last season asking her for a picture. So get the picture in a polite way and where she is agreeable. Trust me, this will test your charm skills. But the Icon she is, she is deserving a highlight on QuebecRider. (The only caveat is I must be at RDL  for you to collect your prize, or if not, donate it to a friend who happens upon RDL while I am there).

mike

Edited by mikerider

So just to be clear, a QuebecRider member is going to be beat with a frying pan by a lady that doest want to have her picture taken, and you are going to buy them a beer, 40 miles away in RDL.  I did not want to miss any of the fine details of your contest.

32 minutes ago, smclelan said:

So just to be clear, a QuebecRider member is going to be beat with a frying pan by a lady that doest want to have her picture taken, and you are going to buy them a beer, 40 miles away in RDL.  I did not want to miss any of the fine details of your contest.

I think there will be many attempts and many good stories to tell.  Maybe I should have added to the bet all thee who fail  owe thy a beer.  

Jack & Sandi,   see you in a couple weeks.

I have no idea, but it looks like a couple birch trees showing in the window behind the couch which makes me think its the little ATV clubhouse on a plowed road just off trail #5 about 20 miles west of RDL. I have never been in it. Just a wild guess. Isle Verte club has some old sofa and easy chairs that might go with the table.

On 1/4/2020 at 9:16 AM, mikerider said:

I tentatively hope to arrive in RDL this Sunday, January 12th for a two week stay, as long as trails are in full winter dress and the forecast looks promising.

The first contest of the RDL season is worth a beer or wine on me. Just be the first to post a 2020 picture taken at the Isle Verti club house at the intersection of Trails #5 & #567. The picture must show you and the older lady that runs the clubhouse, it must be a posed picture, not one where she is unaware of what is happening.  I am assuming she will be there for another year.  She is an Icon of this club, a most wonderful cook,  with a huge sense of humor.  I had a near death experience last season asking her for a picture. So get the picture in a polite way and where she is agreeable. Trust me, this will test your charm skills. But the Icon she is, she is deserving a highlight on QuebecRider. (The only caveat is I must be at RDL  for you to collect your prize, or if not, donate it to a friend who happens upon RDL while I am there).

mike

Mike, Looks like some promising snow coming to RDL tomorrow, we may see you for a glass of wine sometime this week!  Happy trails, Think snow!

RR

1 hour ago, revct1 said:

Hi Mike,

Looks like the snow is coming in.  We are driving up tomorrow.  We should arrive at RDL by 4 PM.  See you then.

Jack & Sandi

21 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Hi Jack,

Joe and I should arrive tomorrow afternoon also. Hopefully it will be good.  Someone I won't mention by name said the wine will be good regardless of snow conditions.

mike

Looks like it will be a QR week at the Universal, we should be there mid afternoon as well.  see you both at the Hotel. 
Think Snow and Wine😊

RR

3 minutes ago, revct1 said:

It looks like the Mayor may have to get a bigger room for all of the guests and a bigger bottle of wine.  If the snow isn't good, the wine will be.

Jack & Sandi

Keeping our fingers crossed, here is a pic 100 miles south of RDL in Allagash Maine, part of our gang having lunch there a couple of hours ago.  We are going to try to cross at Escourt and take the newly opened trail down here for lunch one day on this trip. ❄️0CCE3036-0634-41A1-B23F-5B8203BF3EFD.thumb.jpeg.842c6b833d38646d142e29774f327b26.jpeg