2020 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions

mikerider

hey mikerider, sorry to hear the clubhouse on tq 5 is closed. we used to like stopping there. Picture of table with moose or red deer leg was from there. I may have a picture later of our favorite lady that worked there from a few years back. will try to find picture of here. keep up the good reports.

Back in 2015 we stopped in on the way back to RDL, people were having fun, some local kids were out doing donuts in the parking lot with their geo tracker. The place was really comfortable, wood stove, couches and chairs to hang out in. 

DSC02122.JPG

22 hours ago, mikerider said:

Not true, Am I not getting a joke?

Hey Mike, yes it was a joke, someone mentioned that to me and I thought it was kinda humorous, wasn't meant to offend. See ya soon. When is your next trip to RDL? Take care.

Hi Mike,  I saw a couple of days ago an article on isle verte,  they mentioned that this year is the first time in 70 year's that they are not doing the ice bridge due to it being too warm the beginning of winter. Did you hear about this (mayor)? Can you still get across by sled? I read you will be going back up next week,  we were planning on coming thru that area March 2nd and would of liked to see that area if accessible.

Well, I arrived today and it feels so good to be back, hopefully for a couple weeks. Will be nice to see many of you who mentioned you would be passing through.

I got a room in the new section, way out back and sort of around the corner. Should see my white Ram by the door and my wh & blk Renegade.

After having phone grief all winter,  I now have a hi tech $80 LG 4 flip top that actually seems to work in Quebec.

Same number: 207-522-2673.

mike

Sounds great Mike. Enjoy and save us a spot. 🙂

How different is the newer rooms Mike ? This is Lisa’s trip where she likes us to book that big room with the hot tub we generally get this run...and I dont know if that was redone or not. Our friends got a first floor standard room and hopefully its rehabed for them..although they are all pretty nice rooms anyway there. 

Keep an eye out for current Monday/Tuesday clubhouse stops if you notice any if youre out clubbing. 🙂 We have some first time RDLr’s coming with us to ride Saturday-Tuesday and are excited to show them some different Quebec clubhouse stops. 

Mark,     its way out back on the back side of the spa.  Room is new and quite big.  Not your presidential suite, however.  I stayed in that suite one night by luck.  WOW!!!    You should give Lisa a night in the Penthouse suite.

Jack, I am slowly easing my way into the 21st century.  Tell Eric he and his flip phone can ride with me anytime.

Edited by mikerider

29 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Mark,     its way out back on the back side of the spa.  Room is new and quite big.  Not your presidential suite, however.  I stayed in that suite one night by luck.  WOW!!!    You should give Lisa a night in the Penthouse suite.

Jack, I am slowly easing my way into the 21st century.  Tell Eric he and his flip phone can ride with me anytime.

Haha

He may be there next week for a night, me too if I can finish up with adult responsibilities in time to join the misfits on the next trip!

Drove up yesterday morning thru St. George to RDL, never saw above 34 F.   This morning and up until about 1:00 pm the trails were nice, frozen and almost like riding on hard packed powder.  After a late lunch it got warm and was 46 F upon return to RDL.  Top layer of snow got soft.   Last 10 miles to RDL saw a few small bare spots, but mostly all good. Only bad place was big field on 85 just north of the RDL club house. Lots of dirt on raised road across this field. Tomorrow forecast for 34 F, so should be a little colder away from town, then colder and a day of snow rest of week.  Parking lots getting bare. But,  I think all will be fine. Don't think this area got as much warm as other areas.

Today's ride with FarmerOld, 215 miles, taking green trails by Isle Verte.  Trail 5 to Tois Pitoles, then the green trails between the Tois Pistoles club house and the big club house on trail 5 on the power lines just before Rimouski. Had not done the latter green trails in about 15 years. Highly recommend them, just nice sweet trails.  All the green trails from RDL to the Rimouski club house added about 20 miles,  also slower than trail 5, but just nicer.

Pic of a Sidewinder or Viper on the trail today.

mike

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

Today we dropped down to the far south below RDL and did the green trails down through Packington to the New Brunswick border, leaving #35 and ending over to #85 below DeGalis. This 55 miles of green trails is a nice loop with a good mix of trails, lots of narrow and twisty trails thrown in the mix.  There are no restaurants on this loop and lunch in DeGalis will be a late one at Tim H's. Best to get gas in Pohemegook, although there is a sign on this loop for a gas station, but who knows if it is open or still in business.

We left RDL with trail tops frozen solid and for the first couple hours bumps were made of cement and ski ruts were like rails thru a RR yard. Then hit some groomed nice trails. The day started warming quick. But part of the mentioned loop is some high altitude and some conditions were more winter like and really nice in many areas.

We could feel colder air settling in during the late afternoon as we headed north, but back in RDL it was still warm. Hopefully things return to normal real soon.

mike

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

23 hours ago, mikerider said:

Drove up yesterday morning thru St. George to RDL, never saw above 34 F.   This morning and up until about 1:00 pm the trails were nice, frozen and almost like riding on hard packed powder.  After a late lunch it got warm and was 46 F upon return to RDL.  Top layer of snow got soft.   Last 10 miles to RDL saw a few small bare spots, but mostly all good. Only bad place was big field on 85 just north of the RDL club house. Lots of dirt on raised road across this field. Tomorrow forecast for 34 F, so should be a little colder away from town, then colder and a day of snow rest of week.  Parking lots getting bare. But,  I think all will be fine. Don't think this area got as much warm as other areas.

Today's ride with FarmerOld, 215 miles, taking green trails by Isle Verte.  Trail 5 to Tois Pitoles, then the green trails between the Tois Pistoles club house and the big club house on trail 5 on the power lines just before Rimouski. Had not done the latter green trails in about 15 years. Highly recommend them, just nice sweet trails.  All the green trails from RDL to the Rimouski club house added about 20 miles,  also slower than trail 5, but just nicer.

Pic of a Sidewinder or Viper on the trail today.

mike

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

Wow, that is a very bad day...almost looks bio-degradable...does the picture count if it is under warranty...how would you even make the claim??