2020 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions

mikerider

The monkey stayed home. I did not want to jinx my perfect border crossings this year smuggling in a monkey.

Bob, what doesn't show in the pic is a lot of long hair near the back that did not burn. Maybe a sheepskin over the seat and a dropped cigarette?

Mike,

Nice putting a face to the name yesterday. Disappointed we didn't get to meet George but then there was Farmerold.

We took the trail recommendations and was a great choice which had us back at the truck in Levis at 1. Got home a little later last night as we lost a trailer wheel coming into Montreal. Enjoy the 2 weeks and hopefully run into you again next winter.

Mike

Mike,    It was so nice meeting you also.  Glad you found your way around the shortcut, always worried those directions will come back to bite me.  

Hope next time there is time for a beer.  Take care and thanks for introducing yourself.

mike

Left with FarmerOld this morning for Moose Valley. Expecting a repeat of yesterday morning of cement trails, cement bumps and frozen ruts.

Someone overnight must have thrown a switch. Trails all the way were smooth and packed powder, base just a tad harder than the usual packed powder, but awesome. 250 miles with lunch and gas, both at MV, back just after 4:00.  Most of day below freezing except for Moose Valley, which was warm.

23 liters of gas one way, 125 miles.

mike

IMG_0085.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

Love when the cold and warm temperatures set up the base to make super highways!

Sounds like an incredible ride with a great riding partner. Between the both of you, I know you guys were hauling ass! Please say hi to Dave for me haven't seen him in a few years.

Stan

Stan,   will tell him you said hi.   It has been a lot of years since I have last seen you at the Delta. I remember we rode a day or more that time with Rob, and remember that night we ate in the bar of the Delta.

mike

On 2/24/2020 at 5:10 PM, mikerider said:

Hi Mark & Mike                   Far as I know I should still be here. Would be great to see you again.    Where you been all winter?

mike

Fortunately for my real estate business I have been too busy to get away...unfortunately my snowmobile time has suffered HUGE , only 300 miles which is ridiculous for me.

2 hours ago, EastMark said:

The anticipation is killing me. 

What is the snow doing in RDL  ?  Fluffy/wet ?

Forecast said 12-18" by the time its over. Id take 10 !

We are at the Normindan in Levi, landed here around 2:30. The shuttle across the river is shut down.  Looks like close to a foot of snow.  Some wild riding coming in, white outs in the fields.  I really love those little red posts across the fields!!  Shuttle is supposed to pick us up first thing in the morning.

Stan,   think I am due to leave the 8th, but may extend depending on conditions and wife. Would be nice to see you.  I also ran into you once on the trail at a lunch stop and you had a friend with you who had a Vector with a supercharger in it. Was that Quebec Bob?

Guys, it is snowing like crazy since about 9:30 am.  With the drifting etc. can't tell how much, but maybe 10 inches or more. 

FarmerOld and I headed out this morning and went thru St. Pamphile via the RR bed and over the mountain on 571. Lunch at Trouville and back in RDL at 2:30 with just over 200 miles. Looks like all out winter. The forecast on Enviroment Canada through Tuesday no longer shows warm temps early in the week and shows snow on Monday, but doesn't say how much. Not sure how long FarmerOld is staying, buy you guys need to get up here and help me, he is like a kid, there is no wearing him out. He was all smiles yesterday to Moose Valley. 250 mile day.  We arrived at the same time as couple weeks ago when I rode there with another and much younger friend, 'Bradley Go Fast' SkiDoo420.  Glad I got back early today, needed a nap. Please help me out!!!

mike

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

2 hours ago, mikerider said:

Stan,   think I am due to leave the 8th, but may extend depending on conditions and wife. Would be nice to see you.  I also ran into you once on the trail at a lunch stop and you had a friend with you who had a Vector with a supercharger in it. Was that Quebec Bob?

Yes, that was Quebec Bob. I thought it was a supercharger as well , it was a turbocharger and it was much faster then a 850! Imagine that! I wrote that sled once when we did a Gaspe trip and I was laughing in my helmet when I punched it unreal. Hopefully you'll still be there on the 8th. Would love to see you as well!

You're absolutely right about Dave (farmer old) I remember we had just finished a ride up at the Delta and we were at the gas station filling up, and I turned around to see a sled doing donuts in the parking lot and thought it was some kid and it was Dave! He rides like he's 20! LOL

Thought that was the trail you were taking about Mike...I think. Ha

It may have been changed...shows on FCMQ map now as (green) #557 if Im looking at the right one ?. Love that trail !

Im guessing it will take a few days to ride/pack/groom the big snowfall to get all the trails back flat. Our timing looks great.

Short loop Saturday when we get there... then ride Sun,Mon,Tues when the trails should be all sorted out and groomed a few times. 🙂

Started out today headed south following a couple tracks south on 85. About 25 miles out ran into groomed trails for most of the rest of the day. Many were not listed on the grooming map that were groomed. Lots of  new snow, many areas more than a foot. Just checked groomer map again this evening and looks nice. Should be a nice weekend for riding.

mike

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

Just in. Took a short shakedown run out to the round ski place Citadel and they had sled climbing or something and was packed. We left. Circled back to Adventurers for a snack and over to the RDL round bar. Checking out Mikes Synposium for dinner later. Trail 85 was ok considering heavy traffic. Trails should improve daily now that they have been ridden on with the new snow. See whats groomed 8n the morning and make a loop somewhere. Glad to be here. 🙂

Edited by EastMark