Hotel Central Parent

iceman

Same guy Festival Western St. Tite 2019.

The 44-year-old man who savagely assaulted a nursing assistant during an evening at the St. Tite Western Festival nearly three years ago was found guilty of assault causing injury and threats yesterday. 

The judge described Patrice St-Amand's version of events as "outlandish" and "incoherent" before finding him guilty of most of the charges against him this morning at the La Tuque courthouse. 

Aggressive

The fateful evening dates back to September 15, 2019, when the forty-year-old was on a terrace with his wife as part of the festival that attracts an average of 600,000 people annually. 

Security guards had to intervene with him at a certain point because he was showing signs of aggression towards festival-goers. 

St. Amand took a fighting stance, removed his shirt and made it known that he would not leave the premises. When he refused to comply, it took five officers and some physical force to restrain him on the ground while waiting for the police. He then pretended to lose consciousness. 

When he arrived at the Shawinigan hospital emergency room, the staff thought he was still unconscious as he had no muscle tone and his arms were hanging off the stretcher. 

Fractured nose

But when a nursing assistant tried to cut off his shirt to examine him, he suddenly "woke up", stood up abruptly and threw a violent punch at the woman. 

"You're not cutting my vest, my tabernacle," he then shouted at her, before making death threats. 

The health professional suffered serious injuries; fractured nose "from the forehead to the teeth", head trauma, hearing impairment and neck sprain. 

Patrice St-Amand will remain in custody and is scheduled to return before the judge on September 2 for sentencing observations. A psychological report has been requested by the defense, which has raised possible mental health issues. 

At the same time, the accused is also facing another trial in the fall for the attempted murder of the co-owner of the Central Hotel in Parent, Haute-Mauricie, which occurred in January 2020.

I always love the let’s schedule a psychological report….well no shit?  Sounds like he’s perfectly sane to me!! What a waste of time. Always a way out for these nut jobs, toss him in the ground before he kills someone. 

I think I have to be careful about what I say but, I'm old enough to remember that if this would have happened in the 50`s or before someone or the whole family would have taken care of this them selfs. I remember a story my dad told me about a man who got a young girl pregnant and ran out out on her. Her brothers chased him down and caught him in the states and on the way back they hung his ass up in a barn and cut his nuts out. No one got arrested and no one was upset. I agree with what they done. 

On 10/17/2022 at 10:19 PM, Shore1066 said:

I think I have to be careful about what I say but, I'm old enough to remember that if this would have happened in the 50`s or before someone or the whole family would have taken care of this them selfs. I remember a story my dad told me about a man who got a young girl pregnant and ran out out on her. Her brothers chased him down and caught him in the states and on the way back they hung his ass up in a barn and cut his nuts out. No one got arrested and no one was upset. I agree with what they done. 

Isn't that the story all dad's tell their boys when it's time for the talk?

Shotgun wedding ring a bell??

20 hours ago, NSHM said:

Isn't that the story all dad's tell their boys when it's time for the talk?

Shotgun wedding ring a bell??

Really nothing to do with a shotgun wedding or a fatherly talk. this man kicked this women in the face and put her in the hospital. Did you not see the pictures?   My statement was about years ago how it would of been handled by the people of the town or the family of the victim. Instead he was let back into the public and did it again. My opinion is he would never have had a chance to commit the second offence 70 plus years ago.

47 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

Really nothing to do with a shotgun wedding or a fatherly talk. this man kicked this women in the face and put her in the hospital. Did you not see the pictures?   My statement was about years ago how it would of been handled by the people of the town or the family of the victim. Instead he was let back into the public and did it again. My opinion is he would never have had a chance to commit the second offence 70 plus years ago.

Not arguing what should have happened to this guy. 

Latest from the courthouse 

this guy is a piece of work. 

| A man accused of having tried to kill a hotelier in Haute-Mauricie by beating her in the face is doing everything to delay the judicial process. “You can have an obstructionist attitude, you can put obstacles in the way. We are going to move at a snail's pace, but we are going to move forward, ”said Judge Simon Ricard on Tuesday afternoon. Until then, the magistrate had been very patient since the start of the trial of Patrice St-Amand, at the La Tuque courthouse.

The one who fired his third lawyer more than a month ago is defending himself.  The 44-year-old man is charged with attempted murder of the co-owner of the Central de Parent hotel, assault and threats, among other things. The facts date back to January 3, 2020.

Patrice St-Amand, who can be seen on the CCTV images, is defending himself alone for having tried to kill a hotel owner by beating her in the face.

Never satisfied St-Amand never seems satisfied, repeating ad nauseam that he is not entitled to full answer and defense.

First, St-Amand blamed the Crown and his former lawyers for not giving him all the evidence. Then he accused corrections of losing three brown bags full of notes he says he took in anticipation of his trial.

Then, he claimed that he had not slept for two days, because he would not have been given his usual medication. St-Amand complained about one of his pens – handed over by the judge – his handcuffs, his overheated coat, his inability to take notes standing up, not understanding Latin, to name a few. these grievances.

Finally, St-Amand asked to watch all of the videos captured for each of the six cameras in the bar, which totals 42 hours of viewing. "It's not a nice exercise in justice. It's starting to look like a circus, says Éric Thériault from the Crown.

• 4 weeks later...

Hotel Resto/Bar is for sale. 

From FB

Unfortunately due to my health I have to sell and yes I say I because my spouse Jean died on August 10th and it is even more difficult. Since my attack I can no longer work for the moment due to the consequences. Very profitable and I am selling reluctantly. I want to thank my cousin Christiane and Gino who have taken over for 3 years but they have their own life too and thanks to them the business has continued. Thank you to our employees too because it is not easy because a lot of hours to do because we are in a remote area but only bar, only restaurant and with 30 rooms and rent, with Loto-Québec machines. It works great but we have decisions to make within a month so n do not hesitate to contact me as soon as possible and in addition the snowmobile season begins…… write me in pv for interested people And if my health will allow me I can tell you that I will continue so it is against my heart that I sell

26 minutes ago, iceman said:

Hotel Resto/Bar is for sale. 

From FB

Unfortunately due to my health I have to sell and yes I say I because my spouse Jean died on August 10th and it is even more difficult. Since my attack I can no longer work for the moment due to the consequences. Very profitable and I am selling reluctantly. I want to thank my cousin Christiane and Gino who have taken over for 3 years but they have their own life too and thanks to them the business has continued. Thank you to our employees too because it is not easy because a lot of hours to do because we are in a remote area but only bar, only restaurant and with 30 rooms and rent, with Loto-Québec machines. It works great but we have decisions to make within a month so n do not hesitate to contact me as soon as possible and in addition the snowmobile season begins…… write me in pv for interested people And if my health will allow me I can tell you that I will continue so it is against my heart that I sell

What a shame, deserves a hammock in the tropics. Best of luck

I known this family for decades...What happened to Sylvia is a real tragedy....I always looked forward to stopping there...lodging was minimalist...but warm and a place to sleep..which a lot of times is all that's needed at the end of a long day...they provide a great service to the community in Parent and are a big part of the local fabric that makes it an important stop....I will miss them for sure and wish them all the luck in the world moving forward.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, markusvt said:

Mark, those pics look awfully good. You must be getting close to retirement age? It would make you a good starting point.😀

12 hours ago, 800steve said:

Mark, those pics look awfully good. You must be getting close to retirement age? It would make you a good starting point.😀

I second the idea for Mark but would also like him to add a small snowmobile repair/supply shop so when we are in the area we will have less to worry about. 

LOL.......

That place does very well. With hunting, fishing, atv’s ,sleds and hydro quebec booking the place for work crews. 

always dreamed of having a Relais/Auberge, with all the places I been I know what riders want. 

maybe when I hang up the helmet

i would need a divorce as well as no way in hell my wife is going to call Parent home.

me i like it in the bush

1 hour ago, iceman said:

That place does very well. With hunting, fishing, atv’s ,sleds and hydro quebec booking the place for work crews. 

always dreamed of having a Relais/Auberge, with all the places I been I know what riders want. 

maybe when I hang up the helmet

i would need a divorce as well as no way in hell my wife is going to call Parent home.

me i like it in the bush

And after the divorce you’ll be lucky to have half of what you planned on spending for the Auberge. 😩