Hotel Central Parent

iceman

• 1 month later...

News on Central 

Bonjour à vous tous,je vous souhaites une bonne et heureuse année.vaut mieux en retard que pas du tout 😊
L’hôtel Central Parent est ouvert du mercredi au samedi à partir de 13:00.La salle à manger est fermé,les repas seront servis à partir du 14 janvier mais seulement au bar.Je vous reviens avec les dates et heures exactes car fort probable que nous pourrons ouvrir avant .Désolé nous aurions aimé ouvrir avant mais c’est hors de notre contrôle,merci de votre compréhension 
Sylvie

hello to all of you, I wish you a happy new year. better late than not at all 😊 The Central Parent hotel is open from Wednesday to Saturday from 1:00 p.m. The dining room is closed, meals will be served from January 14 but only at the bar. I will get back to you with the exact dates and times because strong it is likely that we will be able to open before. Sorry, we would have liked to open before but it is beyond our control, thank you for your understanding Sylvia

The depanneur, gas station in town has a pretty vast selection of snacks.  Chez mom Chum I believe is the actual name of the place.  Not a meal per se but not ashamed to admit I have done it before.  I usually opt for far too much sugar.  Aero bar. Pepsi. Then cap it off with some of those raspberries they have in the candy section.  But in all seriousness, no I don’t believe there are any other restaurants in Parent.  If you need a meal either opt for an early lunch at 100 lacs/fer a cheval, or wait until supper time at your destination.

57 minutes ago, 800steve said:

The trailers out back are a bit rough, the rooms above the bar would need a complete redo to be called a bit rough.🤕🤕🤕

So your saying the trailer would be the preferred spot over the inside rooms ?

i have never seen the upstairs rooms 

I walked into that trailer a couple years back and got the “willies”

I remember staying in that hotel in the middle of town about 20 years back. It was called the 4 Seasons. The gal who now owns the depanneur also owns it.  Last year I stopped and saw a French guy there with his door open smoking a butt out on the porch. He said she charges 50 bucks even per night. He let me peak in the room and I swear the same 13” tube TV and carpet were the same as I remember it 20 years ago. 
Unless I was in a real pinch I wouldn’t consider staying anywhere else in Parent except Andre & Genie”s 
l’ ombré du vent cabins or rental house

both fabulous 

We have stayed there 4 or 5 times over the years several times above the bar and time in the bunk house 

just don’t walk in the shower with some form of shoes on .

We alway have a good time at the bar

and the folks have always been Great !

On 1/10/2023 at 11:41 AM, snowmaster2112 said:

So your saying the trailer would be the preferred spot over the inside rooms ?

i have never seen the upstairs rooms 

I walked into that trailer a couple years back and got the “willies”

I remember staying in that hotel in the middle of town about 20 years back. It was called the 4 Seasons. The gal who now owns the depanneur also owns it.  Last year I stopped and saw a French guy there with his door open smoking a butt out on the porch. He said she charges 50 bucks even per night. He let me peak in the room and I swear the same 13” tube TV and carpet were the same as I remember it 20 years ago. 
Unless I was in a real pinch I wouldn’t consider staying anywhere else in Parent except Andre & Genie”s 
l’ ombré du vent cabins or rental house

both fabulous 

Been in the Trailer many times, been in 4 seasons too. both gave us the creeps. Will definatly try l’ ombré du vent cabins next time. So I understand you need to eat dinner, breakfast in town when staying there? Thanks

6 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Been in the Trailer many times, been in 4 seasons too. both gave us the creeps. Will definatly try l’ ombré du vent cabins next time. So I understand you need to eat dinner, breakfast in town when staying there? Thanks

L'Ombre has full kitchens and the store is a quarter mile away with food/super market, drinks, and anything you need...very nice set up staying there ...gas too...as convenient as any thing any where...and very nice

Little tid bit of info to anyone who cares. Just got off the phone with my friend's Geanie & Andre owners of l'Ombre du Vent in Parent. The 4 rental chalets are getting pretty full on the weekends but weekdays are not usually a problem. Some things to note:

even though the website shows and the cabins USED to accommodate 4 separate beds between the two bedrooms (thus 4 guys in a cabin) can now only hold 3 beds. They were all changed out last season as Hydro Quebec rented them all year and their guys didnt want the single beds. 

There is an ATM in town

The Cell Tower which has been up for like two years now is STILL not operational in town

She reports like 2 ft on the ground in Parent.

And....life is good. 4 of us going to spend some time up there (and surrounding area) in about 10 days from now. Hopefully there will be a little more snow. 

2 hours ago, GSX800 said:

There’s a microwave! 😀

If you are unable to operate an oven or stove, yes you could use the micro wave...full kitchen in each cabin...but no dish washer...utensils, pots pans...glass ware, coffee maker...etc...like I said with the grocery store, gas, and beer and wine 1/4 mile away, it's as good as it's going to get.