Hotel Central Parent

iceman

Assault on owner of Hotel. Severely beaten by a drunk guy out of control. Why the husband did not go with the wife to the bar to handle things baffles me. Why send a woman alone to deal with a guy the waitress was already seeking help with. 

It does not say what outfitter he tried to set on fire. I was wondering if it was some of the Chalets they rent up there. 

If I find out more I will post it.

https://www.lenouvelliste.ca/actualites/agression-a-parent-la-victime-a-subi-une-operation-a-trois-rivieres-1a91bf8f28b9c20a8a351dff0fdb1ade

Assault in Parent: the victim underwent an operation in Trois-Rivières

MATTHIEU MAX-GESSLER

The Nouvelliste
 PARENT - The woman injured on the night of Thursday to Friday during an attack at the Parent’s Central Hotel had to undergo a major operation on Friday evening because of her injuries.  Sylvie Lachapelle, who is the co-owner of the establishment, would however be out of danger, according to her husband.

"She was operated on yesterday (Friday) evening at the Trois-Rivières hospital.  She had a fractured skull near the temple, the bone at the bottom of the broken eye and her jaw pulled back.  The operation went very well, but it is still in the hospital, "said Ms. Lachapelle's spouse, Jean Dupont.

According to the latter, who is also the co-owner of the hotel, a waitress from the hotel bar came to find them, he and his wife, to ask them for help in managing a client.  "We were lying at home and the waitress came to find us because she could no longer handle a guy who was threatening to kill people at an outfitter.  He had been kicked out because he was too out of control, In the wake, we were watching him because he was a bit noisy.  But when he started threatening people, he was out of control, ”says Dupont.

Ms. Lachapelle then went to the bar to try to calm the situation.  Worried that he wouldn't hear from her, her husband went to see what was going on.

"She told me" I'm going to call you to keep you posted, "but since I didn't receive a call, I worried.  I went there and found her lying on the floor, covered in blood, "he says.

Ms. Lachapelle was then transported by ambulance to La Tuque hospital, before being transferred to Trois-Rivières.  Dupont said a waitress was also transported by ambulance after being punched in the back.  She also suffered a nervous shock.

The man who injured his wife is said to have started a fire in the outfitter from which he had been evicted.  "He went to the outfitter and set fire to it," says Dupont.  We called two people who came by snowmobile to put out the fire. ”

The Sûreté du Québec (SQ) indeed confirms that a fire started in cords of wood adjoining a chalet occupied by ten people, a few minutes after the attack at the Hotel Centrale.  The police said Friday that the two incidents could be linked, without specifying further.  The police also did not give details of the circumstances surrounding the assault.

Two suspects, aged 31 and 41, were arrested and interrogated in the evening on Friday.  One of them has been released and will appear in court at a later date.  The second appeared by telephone Saturday morning and will appear in person on Monday.

The SQ's Major Crimes Division was responsible for investigating the assault.  The Central Hotel bar also remained closed from Friday morning to Saturday noon while the investigators did their work.

Death threats and assault leading to that degree of injuries hopefully will lead to attempted murder charges. Certainly not something you hear of within the snowmobile community.

2 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

If only Snowmaster was there to calm the dude, go back to his cabin and have a Party night to remember. On a serious note I hope she recovers fully.

Snobeeler.....you have know idea how much I wish I was in that restaurant when that went down. I would have been the "bad guy" in the end and probably at the jailhouse in LaTuque but this lady wouldnt have suffered what she did.

There's a special place in a Turkish prison reserved for these F*&Ck's

I will actually be in Parent in about 5-6 days and though I dont stay there will be sure to go over and offer my condolences !!!!!

Edited by snowmaster2112

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Snobeeler.....you have know idea how much I wish I was in that restaurant when that went down. I would have been the "bad guy" in the end and probably at the jailhouse in LaTuque but this lady wouldnt have suffered what she did.

There's a special place in a Turkish prison reserved for these F*&Ck's

I will actually be in Parent in about 5-6 days and though I dont stay there will be sure to go over and offer my condolences !!!!!

Yes, I would like to think most of us would do the same, hard to believe nobody tough enough was there to keep things from that outcome.

19 hours ago, jak said:

This is unusual isn't it? All the years I have rode in Quebec never saw any kind of confrontation at all. Honestly, just the opposite people seem to be overly friendly and pleasant.  I've stayed at from 5 star hotels to sleeping above a strip bar.

I remember many, many moons ago sleeping in LaTuque above a real shady strip bar. Slept with the bibs and sneakers on all night. No chit !

I was on my way their Thursday night trying to make my way down the 13 when we turned back. Stayed there many times and never saw anything happen like that. Sad that a man would do that to a women I hope they through the book at him and send him away for a long time.

Update on the waste of good oxygen who beat this woman nearly to death,hope he gets the max and they don’t screw up the prosecution. 

https://www.lenouvelliste.ca/actualites/justice-et-faits-divers/agression-a-parent-a-lhotel-central-patrice-st-amand-accuse-de-tentative-de-meurtre-4f4efab29195b629200feae911b2bc3d

Assault in Parent at the Central Hotel: Patrice St-Amand accused of attempted murder

AUDREY TREMBLAY
  The Nouvelliste
  La Tuque - Patrice St-Amand was formally charged with attempting to cause the death of Sylvie Lachapelle by inflicting serious injuries in connection with the violent assault on Parent last week.  He appeared on Monday at the La Tuque courthouse.

The Crown prosecutor opposes the release of the 41-year-old man from Saint-Luc-de-Vincennes.  He will return to court on January 14.  Other charges would then be laid for assault, threat and arson.

"Charges will come next week, the case has been placed on the probation stage for release next Tuesday.  […] I cannot go into details, but I think it cannot be proven that the assault was so serious that the criminal intent to kill was there.  It remains to be proven, but this is our claim for the moment, "said Crown Attorney Éric Thériault.

The accused emphasized in the courtroom that his "constitutional rights were not respected when he spoke to the lawyer".  It was not confidential and everyone around heard what was said. "

Patrice St-Amand is in the La Tuque region for snowmobiling in the company of another individual.  During his journey, he allegedly entered a chalet illegally to sleep.  On January 2, he would be returned to Ti-Rouge, a place of accommodation in the forest located near Lake Dandurand where a dozen people were in a chalet.  A chicane would then have broken out and St-Amand would have been expelled from the area.

He would then be moved to the bar of the Central hotel in the village of Parent.  Another chicane would then have broken out and Patrice St-Amand would have said he wanted to settle his accounts with Ti-Rouge.

Sylvie Lachapelle, co-owner of the Central Hotel, is said to have tried to calm the suspect down.  This is where she would be punched and kicked.  The violent scene was allegedly filmed by a surveillance camera.

Patrice St-Amand was arrested a little later by the Sûreté du Québec.  The other individual arrested in the case, 31, could be compared at a later date.

Jean Dupont, Sylvie Lachapelle's spouse said he was reassured that Patrice St-Amand is still behind bars.

He told the Nouvelliste that Ms. Lachapelle had left the Trois-Rivières hospital and that she was staying with a close doctor in Quebec for the time being.

"She is too swollen and she must report to Trois-Rivières in seven days to see if there is another chosen one.  The pains would start to calm down.  […] She is strong in cursing.  She has good morale.  She said she will come back and that everything will be okay, ”said Dupont.

"She doesn't remember the attack.  I don't know if it will come back.  She didn't have a concussion, at least that's good news, "he added.

The latter also indicated that psychological help would be available to employees of the Central Hotel in Parent in the coming days.

"My staff is always worried, people only talk about that.  […] We will legally try to improve things to make it safer for them, "said Jean Dupont.

"Someone is going to come and meet the employees to help them," he added.

Recall that the former municipal councilor for the Parent sector, Sylvie Lachapelle, had to undergo a major operation Friday night in Trois-Rivières.  Her partner claims that she suffered a skull fracture, a jaw displacement and the bone under her eye was ginned.

Establishment for sale

For several years now, the Parent Central hotel has been for sale.  Individuals have also shown themselves to be concerned.  It is hoped that the recent incident, the first since they became owners, Dupont said, will not have any negative effects.

“I'm going to be 74 and Sylvie too is exhausted.  We have had that for 20 years.  We have potential buyers in the past, but we don't want to know anything about the financing business.  There is someone interested right now, he is doing business with the real estate agent […] It is certain (that an event like this) is not to help us, but it is the  first time in 20 years, "said Jean Dupont.

9 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Ice, this is obviously a French guy (Patrice St-Amand) and not a Native or American right ? Wonder if any online searches show more of his pathetic life. 

Yup, Québécois, from Saint-Luc-de-Vincennes not far from me, it’s near St.Narcisse, I believe he is from Shawinigan area originally. I am digging deeper just to see what I can find out. 

Hearing this guy has always been a bit sketchy but never violent like this. Also some saying he lives in Parent but that contradicts what it says in news story so not sure. 

Either way he is a waste of oxygen.

Here is a news clip From TVA news if you want to see what the scum looks like. Nothing new in it that already hasn’t been said. A small audio from the victim and the crown prosecutor saying it may be hard to prove his intent was murder.  https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2020/01/06/accuse-de-la-tentative-de-meurtre-sur-la-proprietaire-dun-hotel

Sadly, he will probably walk with very little jail time. Receiving an order to stay away from the victims and probably probation of some kind. 

Edited by iceman

43 minutes ago, JBlavl said:

Here in NY with the new bail reform laws, this guy would be back out on the street without bail right now. 

Well if it is any consolation, he will never visit the US. With an arrest record he will be denied access at any border crossing.

53 minutes ago, iceman said:

Sadly, he will probably walk with very little jail time. Receiving an order to stay away from the victims and probably probation of some kind. 

Yeah “ I was drunk and therefore can not be held responsible for my actions “

1 hour ago, JBlavl said:

Here in NY with the new bail reform laws, this guy would be back out on the street without bail right now. 

That bail reform is really messed up. Fine example of what not to do. I just do not understand how this can happen. Rise up people of NY. 

6 hours ago, iceman said:

That bail reform is really messed up. Fine example of what not to do. I just do not understand how this can happen. Rise up people of NY. 

What city or state run by liberals isn’t going down the shitter? I don’t know of any....