Western Run

RoadRunner

Dooright and Playhard, oh the Beaver that snow master had looked like a treat, we were tempted!  And yes Dooright, we had time to get to Misstassini today, but didn’t,  what a fast, flawless run today.  The trail was perfect all the way, and traffic was heavy😳....we met 2.....sleds all day long!  The traffic hasn’t picked up any snowmaster from your trip.

We did get to encounter a “registration” check at the road crossing coming into Chibougamo, huh, he must have gotten a call that 3 strange sleds were in town lol.  While waiting for the check, one of our riders turned and was doing a normal nature call, when the officer came back he said he could right him a ticket for that, we said seriously, and he said with no humor, yes

😳83EB6193-0BE6-4303-8F13-33B12C5F663E.thumb.jpeg.41b3c9f670ef0dbfc224c06f62c295e7.jpeg5144A7EC-B413-41DE-96D2-2F1EA33238AF.thumb.jpeg.c6a84005c44d9779a24bcddd9b97eec5.jpegyeah I guess I get it but we are in Chibougamo! and not even in town

We cleared the check and on we went.

As Snowmaster documented last week, for those looking for mid winter riding conditions, it’s here!
A perfect trail day today,

Happy trials
RR

Edited by RoadRunner

51 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Dooright and Playhard, oh the Beaver that snow master had looked like a treat, we were tempted!  And yes Dooright, we had time to get to Misstassini today, but didn’t,  what a fast, flawless run today.  The trail was perfect all the way, and traffic was heavy😳....we met 2.....sleds all day long!  The traffic hasn’t picked up any snowmaster from your trip.

We did get to encounter a “registration” check at the road crossing coming into Chibougamo, huh, he must have gotten a call that 3 strange sleds were in town lol.  While waiting for the check, one of our riders turned and was doing a normal nature call, when the officer came back he said he could right him a ticket for that, we said seriously, and he said with no humor, yes

😳83EB6193-0BE6-4303-8F13-33B12C5F663E.thumb.jpeg.41b3c9f670ef0dbfc224c06f62c295e7.jpeg5144A7EC-B413-41DE-96D2-2F1EA33238AF.thumb.jpeg.c6a84005c44d9779a24bcddd9b97eec5.jpegyeah I guess I get it but we are in Chibougamo! and not even in town

We cleared the check and on we went.

As Snowmaster documented last week, for those looking for mid winter riding conditions, it’s here!
A perfect trail day today,

Happy trials
RR

So, so GLAD you guys are enjoying the area RR !!! Did you stay at Opemiska and what was your thoughts ? That first pic of yours says it all..........about as PERFECT as it gets.

Edited by snowmaster2112

snowmaster, we were in Chapais by 2 pm, decided to slide into Chibougamo for the night, the Opemiska looksd awesome, and we checked into the Tandem restaurant and found out it’s open until 8 pm, so that’s an option in Chapais for dinner.

we had an awesome dinner at the pub, in downtown Chibougamo. There is only one taxi, so make sure you get his cell for the ride back.  
There is a great steak, seafood casserole and Chicken pesto on the menu and many tap beer optionsACED1FF9-425D-466D-9780-FA8254610B5B.thumb.jpeg.bfaef8aae872a08ef75a32f20fd3861f.jpeg

I’m at opemiska now came in from Obaska today was awesome hammer down ... went to tandem for dinner to night decent Quebec food ...might of went to the hexagon sports bar after and had too many beers after ... hey it happens 😉 tomorrow we tour mistassini then back to opemiska and back to Obaska on Friday...saw your post from last week and hit it thanks for your report was a big help ... Auberge du lac tiblemont nice place nice people ... first day Monday bit off a lot 431 miles got into some great riding but also got into some crap not a lot of surfacage after rapid 7 on 309 toward ville Marie ... got back to the decent stuff towards Noranda and towards Val-D’Or back to Obaska 

4 hours ago, quebecorbust said:

I’m at opemiska now came in from Obaska today was awesome hammer down ... went to tandem for dinner to night decent Quebec food ...might of went to the hexagon sports bar after and had too many beers after ... hey it happens 😉 tomorrow we tour mistassini then back to opemiska and back to Obaska on Friday...saw your post from last week and hit it thanks for your report was a big help ... Auberge du lac tiblemont nice place nice people ... first day Monday bit off a lot 431 miles got into some great riding but also got into some crap not a lot of surfacage after rapid 7 on 309 toward ville Marie ... got back to the decent stuff towards Noranda and towards Val-D’Or back to Obaska 

431 miles ...Jesus Mary Mother of God....I'm guessing your in your 30's Quebecorbust. I never even hit the 400 club. My high day ever was 384. Glad someone took my advise and experienced what I did a short while back. I see the Mistissini leg was just groomed again and YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST my friend !!!! Give her an extra little pinch for me coming out of the corners please. And oh BTW.....please return my sled ....i'm leaving tomorrow and need it. How do you like the Opemiska and what floor did you guys stay on ? How many others at the hotel while you were there ?

Edited by snowmaster2112

I’m 46 and after 431 miles rolling in at 4:00 am I felt every one of them ha ... was a personal mileage best but not eager to repeat been riding in Quebec since the mid-late 90’s and can’t seem to get enough ever 😉 ...the tan enduro is my sidekick John he loves the sled...I’m still over on the “dark” side ...with my 2-stroke 850...maybe someday I will grow up and change...we are on 2nd floor of opemiska ...the shared bathroom thingy is a little different but not a deal breaker and the bathrooms are very clean ... Got up in the night to go to the restroom in my skivies didn’t know who I would meet and let’s face it nobody wants to see that 😝 but it is nice and quiet ...breakfast starts at 3:00 am ...I was still a little cocked then should of went down for some eggs and toast 

4 a.m. that sports bar is open that late ??? Judas !!!  The nice thing is the Opemiska has cheaper rooms (all have TV & fridge) with shared bathroom OR full apartment with kitchen and either 2-3 seperate bedrooms down in the basement level. The middle floor only has 1 room with a king size bed that can be broken down into two doubles if you call them ahead. This room has its own bathroom as do the apartments on lower level. I'm assuming you didnt get much sleep last night bro. BE SAFE today. Only about 150 mile round trip to Mistissini from there. Did you get my PM about the gas ?

Today , we left. Chibougamo at -18, not anywhere near our record low, but a low for this year!  Gorgeous Blue Sky day on our run to Lac St Jean.  The trail from The Bou to the. sawmill54 will be great with one more grooming, but reminded us of the run we did between Clova and Fallon a couple of days ago, not perfect, but not bad! 
This is still a great ride, back to the truck tomorrow with an estimated 1300 on.  Love it,

Go west boys,  it’s  great going!

Between La Tuque and La Dore, over the past three days,  on that section of trail we saw a total of 9 sleds!

Happy trails

8F791CCA-61E7-4FB8-B37C-8261B79C2E1A.thumb.jpeg.79176b24981c95a2eba0e8586247781d.jpeg

Seems our team saw you guys pass by today,  where the 355 and LT2 meet . Mark and I had to run back to La Tuque to swap  out a foggy helmet and missed you. 

Looks like you had a great loop ! 

Edited by dooright

11 hours ago, dooright said:

Seems our team saw you guys pass by today,  where the 355 and LT2 meet . Mark and I has to run back to La Tuque to swap  out a foggy helmet and miss you. 

Looks like you had a great loop ! 

DooRight, I was actually wondering if you guys were headed up the 355 and had been kind of watching for your group, noticed the guys on the Gen 4s sitting still that intersection, but didn’t notice you guys!   Have a safe run.

We arrived back at the Roquement early afternoon, had a great trail riding trip this week out West.  With our long cut up to Poirevoire Goiun on the first day, we logged in 1275 miles for the trip. 

With a foot plus of snow coming to RDL tomorrow, a few of us are thinking that’s a good area for next week.  We get to go have a glass of wine with Mike rider!

Happy trails

RR2067D5EB-4D0A-4CBF-A651-FEC9C0866CFD.thumb.jpeg.538b3dbf9a48dcabca511f9ba6b2c408.jpeg

95451631-B5B7-4BC7-8E65-8E1809DE6B1F.jpeg

Edited by RoadRunner
Dual pics

36 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Road runner how was the snow at roquemont?  We arrive Friday for a three day trip up around lac saint Jean. 

Blue blood, I would watch the results of this weather event closely there, if they do not get much rain, and get sleet and snow in stead, it will be fine.  We went up 73, it’s an Ice base with snow and you will click a few roacks until you get to miguick, after that the 355 thru Lac edouard or 73 north to Relais 22 is fine.  We went up 73 and back 355, did not run the 23,, some report that as a bit rough in places 

if they get snow tomorrow, which they are supposed to get 8/12, it should be fine!!
The groomers will shape that into awesome going and cold temps next week are forecasted!

Have a great run

RR