La Tuque Lodging

Snobeeler

16 minutes ago, 800steve said:

2 Marineaus in town now, the one up on the hill, and now one across from the snowmobile traffic light in town. Dont know if the one by the light has food? The one on the hill does.

I believe no food at 2nd Marinesu 

19 minutes ago, 800steve said:

2 Marineaus in town now, the one up on the hill, and now one across from the snowmobile traffic light in town. Dont know if the one by the light has food? The one on the hill does.

The Marineau (3250, boulevard Ducharme La Tuque)  I am referring to is the 1 south of town, thinking that is the one Ice inferred too.

Edited by Snobeeler

55 minutes ago, Snobeeler said:

The Marineau (3250, boulevard Ducharme La Tuque)  I am referring to is the 1 south of town, thinking that is the one Ice inferred too.

Yes this one. When arriving into town from the south is across road on right.

Did this property used to be Motel Des 9? If so I have many memories from it years ago. Landing late at night towing a sick Thundercat, cutie bartender got her dad to come pick it up and put in heated garage. Remember a few girlie channels on tv lol. Cinder block rooms in back of main building and on and on. Late 80’s thru 90’s

3 minutes ago, Snobeeler said:

Did this property used to be Motel Des 9? If so I have many memories from it years ago. Landing late at night towing a sick Thundercat, cutie bartender got her dad to come pick it up and put in heated garage. Remember a few girlie channels on tv lol. Cinder block rooms in back of main building and on and on. Late 80’s thru 90’s

Yes

Has anyone visited outfitter north of La Tuque and northwest of Odanak??
Pourvoirie Lac Dumoulin, 

http://www.lacdumoulin.com/

They are new to 19/20 trail map but it sounds like they have been around for a while.

Any info including signage off 73 would be appreciated.

Via Facebook they are saying open and Overnight package cost is $140.00cdn and they have gas and beers.

Odanak is ok but.....

1 hour ago, Le Finca said:

Has anyone visited outfitter north of La Tuque and northwest of Odanak??
Pourvoirie Lac Dumoulin, 

If I am correct this is their first winter being open or at least that I am aware of. 

New owners as of this Summer and now open all year. Was not open before. I saw another story on the place and the new owners but cannot find it now. 

Its on an island in the lake. Summer they come and get you from parking lot in a big pontoon boat to bring all your stuff across to the island. 

Looks nice. Surely is got to be marked off 73 with signage. Is not far from La Tuque. Probably after Odanak I am sure.

Found it.

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/le-nouvelliste/20191116/282480005625503

Escape on an island ... north of La Tuque
 Le Nouvelliste16 Nov 2019

Karine Garceau and Dany Frigon are co-owners of the Lac Dumoulin outfitter.
 LA TUQUE - There are dozens of outfitters in the Haute-Mauricie region.  Rustic, chic, isolated, original, there is something for everyone.  At the Lac Dumoulin outfitter, we try to stand out by offering to escape to a dream island.  In this outfitter with exclusive rights, there are no clients, but rather visitors to the island and those who receive them are the inhabitants of the island.
 “We are merchants of happiness.  People like to feel like they are at home.  They don't feel like customers, they also appreciate being received by friendly people.  It's part of the experience, "said co-owner Karine Garceau from the outset.
 The new owners have taken a new turn with this family business.  The place is now open twelve months a year.
 “We are now snowmobile relay!  This is the first time that the outfitter has been open year-round.  It was a need, I think.  There is also a craze for off-piste snowmobiling and we are in a very interesting sector, ”said Dany Frigon, co-owner.
 Hunters and fishermen are not to be outdone.  There are five species of fish on the territory, speckled trout, moulac, Quebec red trout, pike and gray trout.  Bear, moose and small game hunting is also offered at different times of the year.
 There is also all the experience that distinguishes the Lac Dumoulin outfitter according to the owners.
 “The outfitter has a very specific concept.  The facilities are on an island.  We will pick up visitors from the pontoon, we will bring them directly to their chalet.  It is an area of 100 km2 with 32 lakes.  To travel on the territory, we put a boat available to people and mountain bikes.  It’s a special concept that people love.  They cross the lake in a rowboat, they go to one of the landing stages around the lake, they take the mountain bikes that are waiting for them to go to other secondary lakes for fishing, "explains Dany Frigon.
 We also ensure that flies are less present during the summer, due to a "caressing breeze crossing the island".
 "There are quite a few fewer flies!"  We’re in the middle of a gigantic lake, there’s always a nice breeze.  People have noticed it.  You can relax on the gallery without being eaten by flies, ”says Frigon.
 FAMILY HISTORY
 "We bought an outfitter without it being really planned in our life".  Not too long ago, Dany Frigon never thought he would buy an outfitter and live in the heart of the Haute-Mauricie forest.  It was her father’s illness that spawned this family project.
 “Our father was diagnosed with brain cancer in late 2016. The prognosis was unpleasant.  We quit our job to take care of my father at home.  It is the return of change to take care of our parents when they are sick […] We started to have a great time with our father despite the situation.  A situation like that, it brings a relational change naturally.  We were full time with our father who was a born entrepreneur.  It has always been in business, ”says Dany Frigon.
 "We kept it with us for almost two years," he said.  During those two years, we deepened our relationships, we discussed the inheritance openly.  There was a great desire to develop a project with our father based on the bequest he gives us, "he adds.
 The Frigon family wanted something in which they could live, but above all a lifestyle that they would like.
 “We were cut off from our family, we were having fun, we were having a good time… As hunting and fishing enthusiasts for a long time.  How about an outfitter? "
 The research got under way, but the criteria were also numerous.  We wanted something close to an urban center.
 "We didn't want to go to school at home.  We wanted the children to have a social life too. ”
 It was there that love at first sight came when I read the first page of a document containing 80 about the Lac Dumoulin outfitter.
 “An instant crush and an instant emotional connection.  “There were three essential elements on this page.  We learn that the outfitter was founded by an Aurel, our father is called Aurel, the outfitter was founded in 1949, our father was born in 1949 and there is an Aurel lake on the site.  I remind you that this is a project we are setting up with our father at the end of his life.  The links are strong, but we are exceeding our budget, ”says Dany Frigon.
 The thunderbolt was too strong to stop there.  We did everything possible to make it work.
 "I presented the project to my father.  I managed to get his attention for 45 minutes and we had his last words very clear. "
 With the approval of the father who said to go ahead, there was nothing left to prevent the Frigon from acquiring this little paradise.
 "It's not a business, we bought a way of life.  We live with my father on the outfitter and we have this link which motivates us to exploit the outfitter and to develop it.  We are there for memory, territory and heart, ”concludes Dany Frigon.
 It's not a business, we bought ourselves a way of life.  We live with my father on the outfitter and we have this link which motivates us to exploit the outfitter and to develop it.

• 3 weeks later...

Lac Dumoulin was the real deal, I would direct others to try out "Island life" in La Tuque!!

They had multiple warm clean year round cabins available. And Owners were very nice and spoke pretty good English.

Bar was Stocked, Evening menu is general Pub food but hit the spot, Breakfast was huge (2 eggs, bacon and sausage, potatoes and toast).

They have a Tracked Kubota UTV pulling a Groomer for their 6 KM access trail off 73.

There was a group of 6 locals visiting the night we stayed, they were grabbing beers and food after work, and said they choose that location over other available options also.

Hopefully it remains open for the next time thru town.

I had posted a few pics on facebook.