Dash Stuck in Air Susp and Accel Mode ** Fix **

MrGutz

Hey

I thought I'd share this, since I could not find anything on it.

My brothers and I were testing the sleds prior to leaving for Quebec and everything worked fine..... (Famous Last Words). For the first day my brothers 900 Enduro worked great. On the morning of the second day he was clicking through the Modes and Settings on the dash and it had the Air Suspension and Accel Modes on the screen (something that was not uncommon) and he tried to increase his Air Ride to 3 from 2 and it did not change, it also  seems to have turned the thumbwarmer on to High. We then had no access to any function on the Dash. But the sled started and ran normally. We tried pulling the dash, disconnecting the battery, disconnected the AR, Even stopped at a dealer and they scanned it with BUDs. They could not reset it, change it and said it MAY need a new dash (They were closing up and did us a favor). I did some Google'ng and found nothing. other than how to adjust the Accel mode. My brother read several of the same articles and they all referenced the Green Key. So as a last ditch effort he attached the green key started the sled, it reset, he shut it off, then with the regular key connected, restarted it again and it was back to normal, everything worked.

So IF something similar happens give the Green Key a try!

Later

GutZ

Jak,       The green key is optional for 4 strokes and gives them an extra 20 horsepower. You should get one from your dealer to use before you and I have our yearly drag race against each other.

mike

54 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Jak,       The green key is optional for 4 strokes and gives them an extra 20 horsepower. You should get one from your dealer to use before you and I have our yearly drag race against each other.

mike

Mike, what's that vino you're sippin on? Makes you very funny! Save me some! 🍷

• 1 year later...
On 1/7/2020 at 1:28 PM, MrGutz said:

Hey

I thought I'd share this, since I could not find anything on it.

My brothers and I were testing the sleds prior to leaving for Quebec and everything worked fine..... (Famous Last Words). For the first day my brothers 900 Enduro worked great. On the morning of the second day he was clicking through the Modes and Settings on the dash and it had the Air Suspension and Accel Modes on the screen (something that was not uncommon) and he tried to increase his Air Ride to 3 from 2 and it did not change, it also  seems to have turned the thumbwarmer on to High. We then had no access to any function on the Dash. But the sled started and ran normally. We tried pulling the dash, disconnecting the battery, disconnected the AR, Even stopped at a dealer and they scanned it with BUDs. They could not reset it, change it and said it MAY need a new dash (They were closing up and did us a favor). I did some Google'ng and found nothing. other than how to adjust the Accel mode. My brother read several of the same articles and they all referenced the Green Key. So as a last ditch effort he attached the green key started the sled, it reset, he shut it off, then with the regular key connected, restarted it again and it was back to normal, everything worked.

So IF something similar happens give the Green Key a try!

Later

GutZ

Gutz, thanks for posting this.  The exact same thing just happened with my wife's 2016 900 Enduro.  Yesterday we had a nice ride.  Sled was perfect.  I went out to the garage this morning to check things over, and the gauge was stuck on Air Suspension and Accel settings.  You could not change any setting, and it wouldn't go back to the normal display.  I disconnected power...twice, and removed the gauge...twice.  Same thing.  I'm thinking, great, a trip to the dealer.  Googled the symptom and found your post.  Grabbed the green key, and BINGO, it worked perfect.  Thank You to a fellow QR!