Riding for Neil

snowmaster2112

Very sad day for me and the legions of Rush fans the world over. Late yesterday it was announced that drummer, lyricist & author Neil Peart died on Tuesday after a 3+ year  battle with brain cancer. Wether or not your a Rush fan the world lost a profound and gifted musician and drummer. 

Anyone who knows me knows besides family and friends that the two most pleasurable things in life for me are (and always have been) my love and passion for snowmobiling and my all time favorite band Rush.

So last trip I was riding for and dedicated the trip to my beloved cat "Peanut" on her journey to kitty heaven. Today's starting ride will be dedicated to Neil and Rush.

Thank you for the 40+ year's of music that has brought so much joy to myself and millios around the world. You will be sorely missed.

In St Jean de Martha this early a.m.. and myself and 3 dear friends are driving an hour up the road to LeCabanon to launch. 75 miles from there to the camp and other northern Lanaudiere destinatios over the next 4 days. I just went out for a morning smoke and the trucks (and everything else) are coated with freezing rain and ice.Not something you want to see but everyone knew was coming. Hopefully today's shitstorm won't be as bad as they are saying.

I won't be posting my normal trail reports as we have no internet access at the cabin but will try and get a pic or two out and trail report as we will be in Parent on Monday night. 

Have a SAFE weekend fellow trail shredders !

Edited by snowmaster2112
Typo

Straight rain and foggy here in Tremblant. Trails were just getting going with the clubs first grooming runs the other day. Supposed to change back to freezing rain and snow tonight. 
if you are out sledding were there is heavy accumulation of freezing rain on everything, take care and watch out for falling branches and possibly even trees.

2 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Very sad day for me and the legions of Rush fans the world over. Late yesterday it was announced that drummer, lyricist & author Neil Peart died on Tuesday after a 3+ year  battle with brain cancer. Wether or not your a Rush fan the world lost a profound and gifted musician and drummer. 

Anyone who knows me knows besides family and friends that the two most pleasurable things in life for me are (and always have been) my love and passion for snowmobiling and my all time favorite band Rush.

So last trip I was riding for and dedicated the trip to my beloved cat "Peanut" on her journey to kitty heaven. Today's starting ride will be dedicated to Neil and Rush.

Thank you for the 40+ year's of music that has brought so much joy to myself and millios around the world. You will be sorely missed.

In St Jean de Martha this early a.m.. and myself and 3 dear friends are driving an hour up the road to LeCabanon to launch. 75 miles from there to the camp and other northern Lanaudiere destinatios over the next 4 days. I just went out for a morning smoke and the trucks (and everything else) are coated with freezing rain and ice.Not something you want to see but everyone knew was coming. Hopefully today's shitstorm won't be as bad as they are saying.

I won't be posting my normal trail reports as we have no internet access at the cabin but will try and get a pic or two out and trail report as we will be in Parent on Monday night. 

Have a SAFE weekend fellow trail shredders !

Yes very sad, I am a lifelong fan also. First saw them in Buffalo, NY in 1975, was blown away! Good luck on riding, we heading in same direction tomarrow. Start riding Monday.

snowmaster

I share your pain in the loss of Neil Peart. Very big Rush fan like you. Quite a talented group. He was one hell of a drummer. I’ve seen them several times as well.

Full on rain here. Should change over later we shall see. 

Happy Trails on this sad day.

Have seen Rush 63 times and have met them several 

Have a HUGE 30+ year memorabilia collection that was probably worth a new snowmobile Now I think it might be worth two new ones

Still raining good here at LeCabanon at 11 a.m. 

Have only seen two sleds pass here in the last 1.5 hrs

About 30-40 people anxiously awaiting the rain to change over to snow

IMG_20200111_092708.jpg

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Have seen Rush 63 times and have met them several 

Have a HUGE 30+ year memorabilia collection that was probably worth a new snowmobile Now I think it might be worth two new ones

Still raining good here at LeCabanon at 11 a.m. 

Have only seen two sleds pass here in the last 1.5 hrs

About 30-40 people anxiously awaiting the rain to change over to snow

IMG_20200111_092708.jpg

Looks like in about an hr or so the white gold will be falling. You’ll have a nice ride to camp playing RUSH in your mind!!!!🤘

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Looks like in about an hr or so the white gold will be falling. You’ll have a nice ride to camp playing RUSH in your mind!!!!🤘

And thru my Bluetooth headset just changed over to snow

Party time

Everyone have a GREAT weekend and I'll update tomorrow night from 100 Lacs

Zoom in pic for SNOW Flakes

IMG_20200111_124340.jpg

Once more thing before we go

Guy and his wife riding two up just came in from Kanawata where they stayed last night.

They report no rain until st Michele and already 7-8 inches in Kanawata and ,,4-5 inches at Repos

Personally I would wait 2-3 for storm and grooming to produce OPTIMAL trail conditions

Hit it then and you will NOT be disappointed

PEACE

45 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Once more thing before we go

Guy and his wife riding two up just came in from Kanawata where they stayed last night.

They report no rain until st Michele and already 7-8 inches in Kanawata and ,,4-5 inches at Repos

Personally I would wait 2-3 for storm and grooming to produce OPTIMAL trail conditions

Hit it then and you will NOT be disappointed

PEACE

Your not above St Michele screaming up the lake heading to AUBERGE DU LAC TAUREAU. Get after it HAHA!!!!

11 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Very sad day for me and the legions of Rush fans the world over.

Big loss, after a big fight.  No one's surprised he didn't give in easily.  #CanadaPride

I'd never seen any other band "lead" by their drummer, until the Hemispheres tour, with all due respect to Alex & Geddy.

With Neil up there rocking with Bonham, it's all on the last of my top-3 Carl Palmer now...