A little trip to LSJ..

grumpysanta

Well we were up for 4 days of riding and to break in the new sled with 1100 km.  Only one off trail adventure and no one was injured in that unexpected  experience.. As for trail condition  23 was bumpy to l'tape  but good north to hebertville , all lower LSJ  is just passable  . L'tuque. north to is ok not great  and the trail from relais   22  to  hedgewick has the first 20 km torn up by bulldozer for some logging.  You have to go more north of LSJ. to get good snow,we stuck mostly to the west side and did the tour of the 49 th. passere // e  du ,  big push on this year to promote this side of Mt. valin area. and definitely worth it.. MT. vilain was good and met some nice people.. Not the same crowd that you get on the west side.. GOOD to get out for the first time this year  and meet CT rider to do the trip together .They are expecting  30 plus cm of new snow in next couple days ..We headed out before the freezing rain , just got a touch friday morning leaving hebertville .All is good can't wait to go again after this weather settles down..

3 hours ago, mcstar said:

Great to hear that you hooked up with CT rider,  since he was looking for a riding partner.  Would like to hear about the off trail mishap,  Brion!!

NO pictures were taken to show me upside down on my head.. the sled went off and i had to tread a fine line to ripe across two huge boulders that were buried but i kinda knew they were there , i rolled sled on side and it threw off in snow thank god..   nothing broken on me or sled. i needed help to get her right side , then had to go further down the hill to get turned up the hill , but this was not a problem for the expedition ...Thanks to those that stopped to help this old man.. We had a good time and both headed home last night.. before the freezing rain.. hope to hook up again at the end of the month..

3 hours ago, grumpysanta said:

I am with you PLAYHARD , it could have just been my imagination and that's all i got to say. I was told by one of my rescuers that another sled crashed in same spot in less than a hour and kinda scraped his  sled..

Without pics You could have just said  

“and a wonderful time was had by all”, but the cats out of the bag now.!😁