Gear bag

800R MXZ X

These bags are 38L to give you an idea of size. Bigger than l need for the sled but have for our Spyder adventures. The brand is Dryspec.

IMG_1499.thumb.JPG.671d7fd0e9f10ecfbad315104cdb3375.JPG

Secret to make dry bags so useful and versatile is using ROK STRAPS to secure them.

Use the 60"long x 1 " wide. You can cinch bags down super tight and will never move.

IMG_1581.thumb.PNG.a4f19a541572abd4b6ba4f1cbfabaea5.PNG

Edited by Fuse6

Just now, 800R MXZ X said:

The 30 is big enough for a week? Was looking at the 60?

Unlike all other times when I pack the kitchen sink, I learned to pack really light for touring. 1 set of street clothes with slip on shoes for dinner. Swim trunks with flip flops. 1 spare set of all base layer rotated with ride gear Im wearing. I set of heavy weight base layer for -30° and beyond. Toiletries and charging gear. 

I got a really big bag, easily carry ten days worth of clothes, years ago at WalMart or one of the big box stores. It is like a soft fake leather with side pockets etc. I use trash bags for extra precaution from wetness. Think I paid about $60. Straps nicely on rear tunnel.

mike

8 hours ago, actionjack said:

Unlike all other times when I pack the kitchen sink, I learned to pack really light for touring. 1 set of street clothes with slip on shoes for dinner. Swim trunks with flip flops. 1 spare set of all base layer rotated with ride gear Im wearing. I set of heavy weight base layer for -30° and beyond. Toiletries and charging gear. 

Yeah I'm finding I'm getting more this way too.  Lugging all the gear in and out of hotels daily is a pain.  Two 20 L linq bags is more than enough storage room.  Put garbage bags inside them to ensure everything stays dry and never have an issue.

12 hours ago, Signfan said:

Yeah I'm finding I'm getting more this way too.  Lugging all the gear in and out of hotels daily is a pain.  Two 20 L linq bags is more than enough storage room.  Put garbage bags inside them to ensure everything stays dry and never have an issue.

I have 2 linq bags but one is full with tool kit, first aid, booster. I guess one bag and then a dry sack strapped to the top should be enough.

12 hours ago, Signfan said:

I should mention for me one of the keys is zippered packing cubes. Being a backpack makes the trudge from the sled 1 trip with everything. Being a "dry bag" as a boating oriented product eliminates the need for putting anything plastic bags. 

Also I have plenty of utility contingency stuff, even parts, packed on my sled just not with what comes in the lodging with me.  

These Overboard bags travel with us all over because they are great for the beach and places like Universal where you might need your crap dry due to weather or the log flume. 

I use a NorthFace waterproof duffel. 31L Very rugged, and guaranteed.  I can carry a weeks-worth of the essential clothes. A smaller-ish bag also forces me to carry less and keep the weight down. I'm getting too old to dig this thing out.  To secure duffel to the sled, I use motorcycle-type cargo bungies. $10 for 2 on Amazon they wont' freeze up like other straps and a very secure. They allow me to also stuff things under them when not needed, like my gauntlets.  It could be a little bit larger, but I'm living with it. Pictures aren't great, but may help. 

7 hours ago, ODog said:

I use a NorthFace waterproof duffel. 31L Very rugged, and guaranteed.  I can carry a weeks-worth of the essential clothes. A smaller-ish bag also forces me to carry less and keep the weight down. I'm getting too old to dig this thing out.  To secure duffel to the sled, I use motorcycle-type cargo bungies. $10 for 2 on Amazon they wont' freeze up like other straps and a very secure. They allow me to also stuff things under them when not needed, like my gauntlets.  It could be a little bit larger, but I'm living with it. Pictures aren't great, but may help. 

I can’t open them?

I went the other way with the bag situation, I went bigger.  I was using a 40L trunk bag on less then 5 day trips, longer ones I added a set of saddle bags.  Come time to check in I had: trunk bags, saddle bags, handle bar bags, a helmet.......   It was just a jack pot.  This year I bought the Ski Doo 80L bag with the snow cover.  It comes with a shoulder strap for ease of carrying and lots of room for clothes, footwear, tool kit, extra base layers, balaclavas and much more. All positives, however with this bag I am not able to carry a gas can, that is a negative to some. I just have to make sure I travel with guys with gas jugs!! LOL. 

TrekGear 50L Duffel Bag - Waterproof

Item #627RC

Colors Available: Blue (02) Reset selected color

Quantity:

Try this bag from sierra. Have used for years with no issues. and is priced right