Trail 63 Mont Laurier to Le Cabanon

sledzz

If memory serves me right, it was part Rail Trail and then over\through a Park. There was a short bit that was twisty, kinda where the two parts connect.

But that was a coupe seasons back.

Later

GutZ

63 runs thru the top of the park from the old cafeteria, food /gas stop, in St Michelle, I am not sure but that stop was closed a couple of years ago . Anyhow that is a nice trail, but entirely in the woods and you need a full tank of fuel to do it, if you have a gas can you are fine. On a cold day it may be a haul for your wife, there is no place in between to stop.

Wide and fast 95% of it.  Great ride.  I highly recommemd it.  My wife did it a couple years ago.  Came in under 300 kms, but not by much.  There is fuel and food at the west end of the wildlife preserve.  Last fuel stop is at the mont Tremblant runway.  Don't miss it as it's a long ways across with nothing but beautiful scenery.

It’s a nice ride.  Old RR bed from Mont Laurier to Rivière Rouge.  Then it turns north going over the top of Mont Tremblant park.  Gas up at the gas station/bar/restaurant across the street from the LaMacaza airport.  The food is good there, but it will be pretty early when you get there.  You won’t miss it,, the trail runs through their parking lot.  Then it’s on to Saint Michele.  You have choices once in St. Michele if you want to add miles and time to your day by going around Lac Taureau and crossing across the top of the dam on 345, or going directly to LeCabanon. I would say, if you are just taking your time, enjoying your day, and going the most direct route, it’s a 2/3 of a day ride.

This part of 63 is the petit train de nord railway bed then it turns off at Riveire Rouge and the railway bed continues on to Labelle as the 325.

3A1931A5-2EDF-4C9E-849C-D5173CA497A4.png