FCMQ iMotoneige18 app performance

doubler

Anyone else notice the app seems to be very sluggish this year? Zooming in and out, panning to different areas, etc...., all seem very slow. Plus, why does the app still say 2018 (yes, I have the latest version/update installed)?

To be honest, something seems different this year with the Federation. Last year I emailed them a few different times with questions and their response was very quick. Emailed them probably 3 to 4 weeks ago with a question and got no response. What furthers my suspicion is that there are still so many trails that are still closed on her interactive map. I have noticed trails have been groomed for weeks and are still showing red on the map.

Edited by doubler

I noticed the interactive map as being slow also.  I know a section of trail that has not shown groomed once but yet the club says it's been done three times I believe.  I still have response for my missing trail passes after emails and phone calls even left in french.  Something is definitely different 🤔

App performs terrible this year on Iphones lots of complaints. They said for Android devices if you delete it and reinstall it seems to help. But many complaints that it just doesn’t work like it did years past. 

Personally i find it bad.

App works normal with no problems on my iPhone but is almost unusable on my iPad.

Panning and moving the map is biggest issue. Then map will disappear and the site reboots. 

I deleted all older versions from the iPad and reloaded the app with no improvement.

1 minute ago, Fuse6 said:

deleted all older versions from the iPad and reloaded the app with no improvement.

Tried this as well.

yes my iphone is as bad as on my IPad. Many complaining on the French Quebec sled forums. Alot.

I noticed this year if you use two fingers to pan it works better. Also the map stops following your position at times and have to select the round button bottom right to get back. Overall I love the app and use it mounted on my handlebar all day

Edited by Snobeeler

The new "trail conditions" function is causing some confusion.  The FCMQ has allowed each regional tourism authority back-end access to the interactive map.  Each region has a point person who is supposed to upload data gathered from each club in their respective region detailing trail closures, conditions and the odd information note.  What's happening, even in our club, is that the groomers are running around packing, or even grooming, but the club is being hindered from designating the trail "open" for various reasons.  Thus the "grooming delay" function shows groomer activity, but no one has yet made the call showing the trail "open".  It could simply be a matter of the club representative not having yet completed the requisite spreadsheet that has to be forwarded to the regional authority. 

Our club gal contacted me this evening wondering when we can designate sections of our network "open", but we'll have to hold off until tomorrow evening when we get reports from our drivers who will be out tomorrow grooming what we hope to be 10 cm of snow (though it's looking more like 5 cm or less  - oh well ... there's more coming to our area on the weekend).  Very long story short ... another duty has been downloaded on to the club executives' shoulders, and there will be teething  pains until everyone is comfortable with the new arrangement.  It should work well eventually, however, when it's all sorted out and everyone's comfortable with the system.

On January 15, 2020 at 7:17 PM, Gullyrider said:

there will be teething  pains until everyone is comfortable with the new arrangement.  It should work well eventually,

One step back for three steps forward. Understandable. Thanks for the insights!

Just an idea - my Quebec 511 highway app was working poorly, so I updated Google maps on which it was based. Worked perfectly after. Maybe the same thing will work for the iMotoneige. Personally having no problems with it on android version 8.1.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:31 PM, PLAYHARD said:

One step back for three steps forward. Understandable. Thanks for the insights!

Thanks for your understanding, Playhard.  Case in point:  Virtually all of our trails were dragged within the past 24-48 hours, but the trail conditions still show "closed".  I contacted the director in charge, and she explained that she couldn't get the spreadsheet to open while she was at work and, while drafting a message to that effect to the tourism authority, someone came into her office with some crises or other (she's a fairly senior manager) and that was that. She only realized just now, while trailering to Ste-Anne-du-Lac, that the information wasn't relayed.  She's trying to do it in transit from her phone, but I doubt the regional people are at work today (they're Mon. - Fri. 9 to 5'ers).  Oh well ... it is what it is .... now ... bring on that storm!!