Trail pass sticker placement

doubler

Can anybody find the official (i.e. in writing) requirement for the trail pass sticker placement requirements.  For example, here in PA, this is the requirement:

Snowmobile owners will be issued two identical registration decals and two expiration stickers to be affixed to the machine.

The two snowmobile registration decals shall be affixed to the snowmobile forward of the handlebars, one on each side of the cowling, or one on the outside of each trailing edge of the windshield.

An expiration sticker shall be affixed to the immediate right of each registration decal.

As I was looking at my new sled I was struggling to find a good spot for my PA sticker and Quebec trail pass, so I am happy to have one less sticker on my sled.  I was wondering if they would ever go to a ski slope style ticket that you put on your jacket, glove, etc...  It will be nice one day when they implement technology to just scan either a QR code or RFID chip to check your pass.

1 hour ago, doubler said:

As I was looking at my new sled I was struggling to find a good spot for my PA sticker and Quebec trail pass, so I am happy to have one less sticker on my sled.  I was wondering if they would ever go to a ski slope style ticket that you put on your jacket, glove, etc...  It will be nice one day when they implement technology to just scan either a QR code or RFID chip to check your pass.

If they went to a ski slope type ticket, they would be registering the person not the sled. Not necessarily a bad thing, I have 3 sleds and can obviously only ride one at a time but that then complicates the mandatory liability insurance for each machine.

21 minutes ago, Cnc said:

If they went to a ski slope type ticket, they would be registering the person not the sled. Not necessarily a bad thing, I have 3 sleds and can obviously only ride one at a time but that then complicates the mandatory liability insurance for each machine.

So instead it would be Personal Liability. That may not be bad as it would cover "You" and almost anything that happens that you would be liable for while in Quebec. 

GutZ

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

So instead it would be Personal Liability. That may not be bad as it would cover "You" and almost anything that happens that you would be liable for while in Quebec. 

GutZ

Yeah that is interesting, since contrary to the way they sell a trail pass and insurance  tied to an individual machine, if you register for the free weekend pass it is not the machine that you Register but the person and you just declare that you have liability insurance. 

I was up in Duhamel last week riding. We stopped at the warming shack on 43 between Duhamel and Montpellier at the end of the day where there were lots of sleds. A guy from the FCMQ noticed we didn’t have any passes on our sleds. Holly shit we got out of there in a hurry.

Just kidding lol. We didn’t have printed versions as we only decided to go that morning. Showed him the screen shots of it on our phones. He was happy with it. I really don’t think he checked that the pass matched the sled but more that the date of purchase was correct. Nice guy and it was simple. But could see it being a problem if my phone was dead as it was at the end of our day and my phone usually doesn’t keep a long charge in the cold.