Snow In Newfoundland

iceman

Saw videos on the news, people opening their doors and a solid wall of snow greeting them. They had really high winds with this storm too.

4 minutes ago, 800steve said:

I might as well ask, What will the conditions be in 2 weeks?

They will Still be digging out the groomer in 2 weeks, if it doesn’t snow more

4 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

I'm thinking the FML stands for "F*&CK me longtime

bonjour snowmaster !!!

whooops !!! hahha...if he does nt know how to operate it...he just need to send me a pm ...i have tons of experience with a honda snowblower....best one to bs your neighbors !!!😀

must not be shy to bury up to handle bar !!!

jean-guy

1 hour ago, 800steve said:

I hope they do get military help, people die from stuff like this. 

This happened in Alaska a few years ago, one of the big worries was homes were sealed air tight and they were worried about oxygen depletion. You really do not want to have a medical emergency, nobody can move. The news was reporting it was basically a category 2 hurricane with snow, the pictures are incredible, but I bet being there is a whole different feeling.Probably at least a week off work and school.

Been seeing a lot of this on the news as I am sure many of us have been. One person still missing who went out from his house during the storm and never came back. Also they are reporting a house roof collapsed and filled the place with snow, no injuries. Another angle they have been showing on CTV news is the cheerfulness and spirit Newfoundlander’s are displaying about the situation, helping each other out, joking etc, etc. It was summed up by the news caster best when she said” only in Newfoundland could something like this happen and they  would make the rest of Canada feel like they were missing out! 

56 minutes ago, towing said:

Incredible pictures for sure!!!

I always told as a joke that my dream was to search my car in my driveway with a 10 foot pole... I think they got it!!!😁

March 1971 we had what some called the storm of the century perhaps you remember. I lived in the West Island of Montreal.Paralyzed the city for 3 days most all the roads were closed. We were driving snowmobiles down the transcanada, the highway 20 and pretty much everywhere. Rescued a few stranded motorists, By the time the snow stopped many cars abandoned on the roads were only discoverable by their antennas.