Northern SmackDown # 2

snowmaster2112

I know this is with “short” notice but I am going to embark on another Northern SmackDown adventure. Any fellow trail thrashers that want to tag along (remember I never travel with more than 4 total) get ahold of me ASAP

i am thinking of leaving tomorrow or very early Tuesday morning and the destination again will be Lac Tiblemont. Will launch from there and head towards Matagami via the east side trail (finally open now) . In fact I might run that sucker twice it’s such an awesome trail. From there I expect I will double back down the 396 to the 93 and head towards Chapais/Chibougamau/Mistissini direction OR head towards LaSarre and do all those trails over in the northwest corner. I don’t expect this trip to be as “fun filled” as the Christmas week ride .....but one NEVER KNOWS.

plan on returning to the truck on Friday or Saturday 

Hi,    Still at Universel, maybe be here another week. Trails have been awesome, mid winter conditions. Extremely busy trails yesterday, but seemed to be mostly Canadians, not too many stateside people in this area this weekend. Got about 4 inches or more so far , still snowing hard and may be some bad drifting. Might be a couple days for the groomers to get things good again. Trails were very quiet Tuesday thru Friday. 

mike

26 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Hi,    Still at Universel, maybe be here another week. Trails have been awesome, mid winter conditions. Extremely busy trails yesterday, but seemed to be mostly Canadians, not too many stateside people in this area this weekend. Got about 4 inches or more so far , still snowing hard and may be some bad drifting. Might be a couple days for the groomers to get things good again. Trails were very quiet Tuesday thru Friday. 

mike

Well at least your not In Newfoundland....LOL....

I am getting a little “wishy washy” this morning. Could change trip plans (don’t actually have any reservations or anything) to St Zenon area and northbound as well. Parent, 100 Lacs, Windigo etc... might be some target spots. Anyone game ???

5 minutes ago, iceman said:

Bad timing or I would go. 

Waiting for my chauffeur to arrive and heading to Matane. Quick 4 day ride over there. 

Have yourself a blast Ice

hoping to make it to Gaspe sometime later this season

still gotta be quite a haul for you to Matane 

7 hours ago, iceman said:

Bad timing or I would go. 

Waiting for my chauffeur to arrive and heading to Matane. Quick 4 day ride over there. 

Just came back from a three day loop, trails are excellent.  Seemed we followed groomers everyday.  Excellent snow levels, even around Matane. 

We started at Temiscamingue Saturday morning and went to Rouyn-Noranda, pretty good trails but lots of sleds for the free weekend. Today we went up to La Sarre then took 93 to Sennetere and dropped onto 83 and we are at Lac Faillion for the night, trails and traffic much better today . Barrage Gouin Tomorrow, meet us up there Snowmaster ! We will be at the Auberge in Mistissini Wednesday evening 

Edited by Pipeman

9 hours ago, Pipeman said:

We started at Temiscamingue Saturday morning and went to Rouyn-Noranda, pretty good trails but lots of sleds for the free weekend. Today we went up to La Sarre then took 93 to Sennetere and dropped onto 83 and we are at Lac Faillion for the night, trails and traffic much better today . Barrage Gouin Tomorrow, meet us up there Snowmaster ! We will be at the Auberge in Mistissini Wednesday evening 

Pipeman....looks like we are just going to miss each other. Will be at camp on M21 tomorrow evening and most likely in Parent or 100 Lacs on wednesday. 

You guys will LOVE Mistissini. sent you a PM

Hey, where are they now?  I hear Snowmaster and Dave went for a ride to Andre's camp.  Then where to?   Have fun guys. 

We are at L hombre du Vent cabins in Parent. Dave is still sleeping at 6 a.m. 

i think I’m wearing him out LOL....we had a great supper at the Central last night and the trails (200 miles) from Andres camp to here were all fantastic. Repos, Kanawata, Casey, 83 

got to figure out what we are gonna do today

15 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

We are at L hombre du Vent cabins in Parent. Dave is still sleeping at 6 a.m. 

i think I’m wearing him out LOL....we had a great supper at the Central last night and the trails (200 miles) from Andres camp to here were all fantastic. Repos, Kanawata, Casey, 83 

got to figure out what we are gonna do today

How many beds are in those cabins.

We are heading for Mont Laurier today. Have the wives with us this trip so staying at Village du Windigo.

On 1/23/2020 at 6:21 AM, Fuse6 said:

How many beds are in those cabins.

We are heading for Mont Laurier today. Have the wives with us this trip so staying at Village du Windigo.

They will sleep 5 if need be. One bedroom with two single beds and another with one single and bunk beds

Here’s is first....we left Parent yesterday morning and headed to Clova for breakfast. Chatted a bit with Dominic and headed down the trail that goes down to Le Fer Cheval. This is not a federation trail and not on the map. Dominic said groomer left at 7 that morning heading south to where he turns around about 25-30 miles. Also said another groomer came up yesterday from the south to where they meet at a small River and bridge they both can’t cross. Approximately 4-5 miles from the bridge the groomer guy was broke down in a corner (trouble with hitch pin, bracket and hydraulic hose that is gonna require some serious repair). He satellite phoned Dominic already so all good. Approximately 2.5 miles from his spot heading south we are bogeying down the trail and a tree was across the trail. As we stop a beaver jumps up from behind it in the middle of the trail. He scurried off but not before finishing up knawing the branch he was working on and dragged it off into the bush with him. As we were sawing the tree up to get it out of the way we looked over to see he had another 2-3 chewed ready to drop too. Just when you think you have seen it all. Another 2.5 miles south of the beaver is where the other groomer turned around from his passage. The next 30-40 miles down to Cheval area was not only double wide groomed with no tracks but one of the most insane logging road trails we both have ever ridden. It Rivals the Kanawata/Casey run and the Chibougamau/Mistissini run for sure. Absolutely insane trail and ride.

Heading to bed now at the Auberge Manawan. Stayed here once a couple years ago when it was new and second time tonight. Great rooms/showers/amenities, great internet and the most awesome mattress and pillows you could ask for. Don’t hesitate to stay here anyone. 

5 hours ago, JBlavl said:

Yeah but how many kids are riding your sled while you sleep?

ZERO

and I left it unlocked outside the hotel overnight with the GPS in the mount and rear saddle bags on.  The other 5 sleds there did the same. 

No problems whatsoever. 

Just now, snowmaster2112 said:

ZERO

and I left it unlocked outside the hotel overnight with the GPS in the mount and rear saddle bags on.  The other 5 sleds there did the same. 

No problems whatsoever. 

Exactly-no problem the further North you go!