Northern SmackDown # 2

snowmaster2112

I agree guys, but the Indian reservation of Manawan is not anywhere near the Abiti. Manawan is only about 50 miles by car from SMDS. There are people that check this page that don’t have a lot of experience in Quebec and I don’t think it is good to recommend to them not to secure their sleds. I have been riding that area since the late 80’s and I remember when there were no doors on some of the houses because they used them for firewood (no shit) They also have a steel cage around the gas pumps in their own town. That’s all I am saying

Do as you each please. My sled will be chained each night no matter where I am laying my head. Sorry, but I find leaving the GPS on sled overnight crazy, but that’s just me. Like I said to each their own. 

Carry on.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:28 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

Here’s is first....we left Parent yesterday morning and headed to Clova for breakfast. Chatted a bit with Dominic and headed down the trail that goes down to Le Fer Cheval. This is not a federation trail and not on the map. Dominic said groomer left at 7 that morning heading south to where he turns around about 25-30 miles. Also said another groomer came up yesterday from the south to where they meet at a small River and bridge they both can’t cross. Approximately 4-5 miles from the bridge the groomer guy was broke down in a corner (trouble with hitch pin, bracket and hydraulic hose that is gonna require some serious repair). He satellite phoned Dominic already so all good. Approximately 2.5 miles from his spot heading south we are bogeying down the trail and a tree was across the trail. As we stop a beaver jumps up from behind it in the middle of the trail. He scurried off but not before finishing up knawing the branch he was working on and dragged it off into the bush with him. As we were sawing the tree up to get it out of the way we looked over to see he had another 2-3 chewed ready to drop too. Just when you think you have seen it all. Another 2.5 miles south of the beaver is where the other groomer turned around from his passage. The next 30-40 miles down to Cheval area was not only double wide groomed with no tracks but one of the most insane logging road trails we both have ever ridden. It Rivals the Kanawata/Casey run and the Chibougamau/Mistissini run for sure. Absolutely insane trail and ride.

Funny  , we rode that trail Friday to Clova.   Picture proof of said Beaver  ! 

We had a great stay at Martin Friday night  

Screenshot_20200126-214329_Gallery.jpg

20200124_165051.jpg

19 hours ago, viper2 said:

I agree guys, but the Indian reservation of Manawan is not anywhere near the Abiti. Manawan is only about 50 miles by car from SMDS. There are people that check this page that don’t have a lot of experience in Quebec and I don’t think it is good to recommend to them not to secure their sleds. I have been riding that area since the late 80’s and I remember when there were no doors on some of the houses because they used them for firewood (no shit) They also have a steel cage around the gas pumps in their own town. That’s all I am saying

You must not have been to Manawan lately. There hasn't been a cage around the gas pumps for YEARS now. And I'm not "recommending" anyone NOT secure their sleds. As Ice says..."do as you please"...to each their own. What I was recommending is the Auberge there . The one that is DIRECTLY across the street from the Police station in town. 

BTW....in my 20+ years of going to Quebec I have never heard of anyone having something stolen while in Manawan. That's all I am saying.

5 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

You must not have been to Manawan lately. There hasn't been a cage around the gas pumps for YEARS now. And I'm not "recommending" anyone NOT secure their sleds. As Ice says..."do as you please"...to each their own. What I was recommending is the Auberge there . The one that is DIRECTLY across the street from the Police station in town. 

BTW....in my 20+ years of going to Quebec I have never heard of anyone having something stolen while in Manawan. That's all I am saying.

Good to hear they are cleaning the place up. I was last there 3 years ago and the cage was around the gas pumps then still