TQ 3 closed at Forestville!

Andyman

Just got a text from two buddies who are in Forestville and had hoped to take the ferry back to Matane tomorrow HOWEVER IT IS CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE! Next problem the 3 is closed at Forestville so trying to get to the west is a big problem. Does anyone know why it is closed? At a spot check they said it was a river crossing??? 

Thanks Andy

I put a post on a french forum and got an answer. Landowner issue with a right of way. My guess some moron ran through his fields or plantation and he has had enough. Too bad the local club would not put some updated info out so the FCMQ could update the online maps to prevent sledders from getting blocked in with nowhere to go.

The club and FCMQ ,IMO, wont let a total blockage of the 3 for long. Too much revenue at stake. Expect a quick answer in the coming days.

Sorry your friends are getting hosed Andy. First it's rain, then a gigantic snowstorm, now the trails are getting blocked.

Come ride with us in the Lanaudiere. Dont believe you have ever been to Andre's cabin.

I have sent a message to a group who say they got through awaiting an answer. They are using the ferry that goes to the Magdelan Islands today so there is a crossing but very undependable. Will update as I get info.

Andy

Just west of Forestville as of yesterday. I will update as soon as I get more info. Maybe someone with good french could call the club president and ask what is going on as they have no website or Facebook presence. My buddies are on the ferry at press time!

Just got this reply and this is a quote moderators!!!

"Yes there is a major f.... up there.... there is a river crossing that may not be too safe yet.
We crossed twice good thing we came from the west...going west the trail is closed"

See on the map the river is now showing it closed to traffic with the red dot.

The river is just west of the orange local trail so it is not an option to bypass.

Confusing thing is a fellow posted this morning a group of them rode yesterday from BAIE Comeau to Sacre Coeur. Didn’t mention anything about any trail closures or problems. He did say they rode a few unmarked  trails so maybe they found a by pass loop?

00F2F019-4C8C-467B-BAD7-BBA68D574AD2.png

Years past we would ride  a few streets and join the trail you see in green by the e in Forestville. If I was sitting in Forestville I would be heading to that green trail to rejoin the 3 west of the bridge. When you click on the red dot is says Pont Boralex which is a power company. My guess is they are working on their dam or bridge??? Hopefully the local club comes up with a detour very soon.

Not perfect translation but you get the idea

$ 12,000 of work will be carried out at the bridge by the snowmobile clubs concerned, at the request of Boralex, due to wear and tear caused by snowmobiles.
 The new TQ3 route proposed by the Nord-Neige snowmobile clubs in Colombier-Forestville and Bourane in Portneuf-sur-Mer was not unanimous.  The vacationers of Lac Cymac and the owner of the Pourvoirie des Bouleaux Blancs, believe that they were not consulted, or even that they were "put at the wall", a few weeks before the start of the season.  snowmobile.

Vacationing and snowmobiling arouse passions.  This is at least what was noted in the municipal council room on December 2, when around thirty stakeholders gathered to exchange their perception, let's say, "divergent", of snowmobile safety,  whether near the chalets or with regard to the Boralex footbridge, access to which is still permitted at present.

Due to the work required on the said footbridge via which the TQ3 route is located, the Club Nord-Neige has decided for safety reasons to modify the route: a 10 km loop which bypasses Lake Cymac and the Pourvoirie des  White birch is now possible due to the forest path built by Boisaco a few years ago.  "Last year a snowmobiler hit his head on a" bime "of the structure, and when there is a lot of snow it is risky.  Especially since some snowmobilers circulate in the path scraped by Boralex and that it is extremely dangerous.  For us it is the safety of our members that comes first and we are going to change the route, "said Nord-Neige president Alex Lamarre.

Irritated and worried about the possibility that snowmobilers “cut” the marked trail and endanger the safety of their children, two of the ten owners of chalets at Lac Cymac, Jérôme Tremblay and Bernard Lemieux, maintain that an alternative solution must  be put forward.  "We knew with the Boisaco roads that it was coming.  We wrote a letter last spring and we never got an answer.  We will become a shortcut to the TQ-3 and according to the proposed route, it will pass 230 meters from two chalets, ”deplores Mr. Lemieux.  Information strongly refuted by the president of Nord-Neige, invited to express an opinion on this statement.  "I had several discussions with Jérôme Tremblay during the summer," he said.

Although a temporary right of way agreement was reached a few weeks ago, between the president of the Club Bourane de Portneuf-sur-Mer, Jean-Yves Sirois and Éric Gaudreault owner of the Pourvoirie des Bouleaux Blancs, the latter is dissatisfied  of the situation.

"I knew that on November 1, we were not consulted.  They are going to come to our place and it is I alone who will suffer the consequences while I maintain a 25 km path for my customers who buy a wild product ".
 "All wrong," adds Alex Lamarre.  In the letter we received from the owners of Lake Cymac last spring, it was co-signed by the Pourvoirie des Bouleaux Blancs, so he was aware of the matter. ”

Initiated by the mayoress of Forestville Micheline Anctil, this "meeting of exchanges", allowed in particular the owner of the Lordship of the Thousand Cows, Tom Soucy, to express his opinion by conference call.  “The right of way (Pourvoirie des Bouleaux Blancs) is valid only for one year.  We cannot stop the snowmobilers since our territory is the only access on the east side between Forestville and the Portneuf river.  But I want us to touch the Pourvoirie des Bouleaux Blancs as little as possible and be able to move around.  It’s very disappointing to have bell towers like that, ”said the New Brunswick businessman.

Pascal Desbiens, ex-president and administrator of Club Nord-Neige, shared a rich history of his organization's interventions over the years with regard to the federated trail and the Boralex footbridge.  “Already in 2008, we gave ourselves four years, after several rights of way revoked, to find another section.  In 2011, an attempt was made to secure the bridge with an investment of $ 30,000.  And user complaints never stopped.  Through its employees, Boralex has repeatedly demonstrated that they are aware of the danger to snowmobilers and that they are literally bored with us, "he said.

At the end of the meeting, two possible solutions were on the table.  In the short term, the "temporary" return to the panoramic path that runs along the coast to Portneuf-sur-Mer, with all the rights of way that this implies.  And in the longer term, a gateway for snowmobiles whose costs are estimated between $ 300,000 and $ 400,000 and which could benefit from 70% financial assistance, according to the liaison officer of the Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec  , Yanick Claveau, present at the meeting.

In the meantime, the mayor has called for the formation of a select committee to try to resolve the deadlock that was still at the same point at the time of this writing.
 Boralex
 Lauriane Déry, public and government affairs advisor at Boralex, confirmed to the newspaper that discussions are underway with the partners concerned by the use of the bridge for the TQ3 route. "We are currently working on finding the best solution that will allow us to continue  to ensure the safety of users of this route, "she said, adding that" the bridge is safe and that people can circulate without problem.  And if we decide to keep the bridge, we will continue to put in place security measures, as we currently do.  "

Ms. Déry clarified that at this point in the process, her company prefers "oral discussions".  Discussions that his colleagues had this week with the Director General of the City of Forestville, Richard Duguay.

TQ3: a temporary agreement is concluded
January 23, 2020 - Modified at 11:34 a.m. on January 23, 2020
Reading time: 30 s
Photo of Shirley Kennedy
By Shirley Kennedy
TQ3: a temporary agreement is concluded
The TQ3 and the beauty of the hinterland of the Haute-Côte-Nord will be accessible to snowmobilers and tourists, as of Saturday morning. (Photo: Facebook)
An agreement has just been concluded between the Pourvoirie des Bouleaux Blancs and the Nord-Neige Snowmobile Clubs of Forestville-Colombier and Bourane of Portneuf-sur-Mer.

The parties agree to a temporary route of the TQ3 according to that proposed by the Club Nord-
Neige, conditional on snowmobilers agreeing to respect the marked trail of
the TQ3 crossing the Seigneurie-des-Mille-Vaches, property of Tom Soucy.

Another important condition, snowmobilers must also promise to avoid driving around
the operations of the Pourvoirie des Bouleaux Blancs.

Evidence of the goodwill of the administrators of the three parties involved, this agreement
will be formalized this afternoon by the signing of relevant documents while
the TQ3 trail will be accessible from Saturday morning.

Share this article

12 minutes ago, Andyman said:

conditional on snowmobilers agreeing to respect the marked trail of
the TQ3 crossing the Seigneurie-des-Mille-Vaches, property of Tom Soucy.

Another important condition, snowmobilers must also promise to avoid driving around
the operations of the Pourvoirie des Bouleaux Blancs.

let’s hope everyone has some respect for these property owners.

It’s hard to come by these days. 

This could be very easily cut off at any time. 

Ice you are 100% correct, I think a sign on both sides of this by-pass needs to make this very clear. If in fact everyone can abide by these rules, it will certainly help in the future, if people break the rules, it would certainly set a precedent down the road, that we a whole community cannot be trusted. It is up to everyone to behave!!