Iceman 2020 Opener

iceman

4 minutes ago, Snohorse said:

Is that why you left the big boy springs in the spare bullet and didn't tell her ?

You betcha. Luckily she don’t read my posts and I know my secret is safe with you.

My sled arrived at Hospital Moto Thibault at 11am. 

Surgery began at 1:30pm.

The patient is out of danger and has been stabilized, no permanent damage. She is awaiting a transplant. Should be released Monday. 

Leaking from reservoir where radiator cap seals on it. Awaiting new reservoir and will put new radiator cap. No damage to motor. 

2 hours ago, iceman said:

My sled arrived at Hospital Moto Thibault at 11am. 

Surgery began at 1:30pm.

The patient is out of danger and has been stabilized, no permanent damage. She is awaiting a transplant. Should be released Monday. 

Leaking from reservoir where radiator cap seals on it. Awaiting new reservoir and will put new radiator cap. No damage to motor. 

Probably the easiest fix on the entire sled, lucky, too bad something as crazy as that ruined your trip. I once smelled coolant from my Warrior on the north shore by Mt St. Pierre, cap on reservoir was leaking because I over filled it, but I was very nervous way out there, my truck was in Cabano!!

20 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Probably the easiest fix on the entire sled, lucky, too bad something as crazy as that ruined your trip. I once smelled coolant from my Warrior on the north shore by Mt St. Pierre, cap on reservoir was leaking because I over filled it, but I was very nervous way out there, my truck was in Cabano!!

Was not taking the chance to go further, next time for sure i might investigate a bit more

51 minutes ago, Teamgreen said:

If you have studs its probably a heat exchanger.   We met you folks in Motel Fraser I think. We had two Cat Turbos and it had snowed about two feet 

20180307_172340 (1).jpg

No studs, been running just the Iceripper for years now, Studs surely is just another problem waiting to arise when you tear one out,

my sled was cracked antifreeze reservoir. 

When was that at Fraser? Very possible.

Fraser or Francis? I think Francis at breakfast? Maybe

On 1/23/2020 at 6:25 PM, quebec bob said:

ruined your trip

Not to be all corny about "the adventure" but you know, with zero-drama riders even a black trail rescue is WAY better than a terrific day at work, and with the right refreshments can even be fun.