Is this doable?

Blueblood

Doable yes, but if you are used to 220 then 310 at 30% more will be a stretch.  You cannot easily add MPH to your speed.  You will have to leave earlier, less stops, shorter lunch and get in later.  You have to figure out how to "gain" 3 hours on your normal riding day.

8 minutes ago, actionjack said:

Never been to the Forestel. any chance they would make you bag lunches to eat trail side?  Had 100 Lacs make us bag sandwich lunches once to cut out the time for 9 cats to be herded at lunch stop. 

I doubt it. But never know till you ask.

3 hours ago, doonali said:

If it were me I'd refuel in Kitcisakik and take the old trail (short cut) run to Le Domaine and skip running down through La Vendrye it wiil cut off over 20mi.

This would be nice is the old trail a road of some sort?

Very doable, I’ve ridden from Motel Godard between L'Annociation and St.Veronique on 2 occasions with a group of 6 and a group of 8 up to the Forestel. 300+ miles. Our departure times were between 8:30 and 9 am. Plan your mileage to run your tank down as far as you can before refueling, regroup breaks only, skip lunch, increase your moving average speed and you’ll be fine.

I don’t see on the Abitibi-Témiscamingue map or the Via explora maps that they are using the old trail.  You can certainly use it. It may or may not be groomed.  The last time we went by, it was not.  If however you take the short cut trail, and skip gas at LeVendrye (sp), it is 115 miles from kitcisakik to Le Domaine.

3 hours ago, GSX800 said:

I don’t see on the Abitibi-Témiscamingue map or the Via explora maps that they are using the old trail.  You can certainly use it. It may or may not be groomed.  The last time we went by, it was not.  If however you take the short cut trail, and skip gas at LeVendrye (sp), it is 115 miles from kitcisakik to Le Domaine.

I have seen someplace that they are grooming the old trail this year but even if it’s not groomed, unless you really need the gas it’s not worth taking the Southern route, Jackstraw states in the West from St. Come thread they are using the old trail they just went through there yesterday  

Edited by viper2