Is this doable?

Blueblood

4 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Okay here's another question.  Assuming we are all on newer sleds how far to go on a tank of gas?  Normally we get gas at 100 miles obviously we are not empty at that range.  

I was out last week with my new 900T and was impressed with the range.  Travel speed, and riding style vary greatly the expected range.  Our group runs 55-60mph most of the time, with a daily average of around 30-35mph. We went two different stretches between gas putting on 120 miles each and burned 28 liters. So far, it appears to be similar to my old 1200 4TEC, it would go 140 miles many times to gas and still have 4 liters in the tank.

Key word: riding style

47 minutes ago, smclelan said:

I was out last week with my new 900T and was impressed with the range.  Travel speed, and riding style vary greatly the expected range.  Our group runs 55-60mph most of the time, with a daily average of around 30-35mph. We went two different stretches between gas putting on 120 miles each and burned 28 liters. So far, it appears to be similar to my old 1200 4TEC, it would go 140 miles many times to gas and still have 4 liters in the tank.

Key word: riding style

And trail conditions.  Play a big role.

Newer Ski-doo's or 4 strokes?  Or are you talking polaris and arctic cat 2 strokes? Most sleds will do 125 miles on a tank without issue in groomed conditions at trail speeds.  The less efficient 2 strokes I'd want to check range on.  

3 hours ago, Blueblood said:

One 900 turbo.  And one polaris 600 2st. The polaris is consistant at 12 mpg with a 12 gallon tank. This sled gets affected by speed and trail surface more than the bigger sleds.  

I've made the run from Kitcisakik- Domaine without needing refueled with some of my riding partners being on 800 Polaris

6 hours ago, Blueblood said:

One 900 turbo.  And one polaris 600 2st. The polaris is consistant at 12 mpg with a 12 gallon tank. This sled gets affected by speed and trail surface more than the bigger sleds.  

Sounds like you answered your question.

Lol.  Had that issue last year with my darling.   She kept telling me over the communicators that she was running low and I kept assuring her the gas pumps were only 5 km away and I couldn't move them closer.  Then she ran out and her sled stalled.  🤢  Am still hearing about it.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 1:51 PM, Signfan said:

Lol.  Had that issue last year with my darling.   She kept telling me over the communicators that she was running low and I kept assuring her the gas pumps were only 5 km away and I couldn't move them closer.  Then she ran out and her sled stalled.  🤢  Am still hearing about it.

I always carry X-tra fuel I also bought a caddy for my wife's sled.... That did the trick so she'd keep her eyes on the trail instead of the gas gauge..:good:

On 1/26/2020 at 7:00 AM, Blueblood said:

Okay here's another question.  Assuming we are all on newer sleds how far to go on a tank of gas?  Normally we get gas at 100 miles obviously we are not empty at that range.  

We have 2  2016 sleds here,   600 etec,  they can get close to 200 miles on a tank.  we stop at 100 miles to get gas just to be safe and we dont carry any gas with us.